Arpit

The good news thread

Managed my first road ride today since the op. 2hrs easy rolling ride and one climb ( Cheddar Gorge). Power was down, leg felt 'ok' , back hurt but that's to be expected. Weather was terrible but I still enjoyed it :)

2 hours. That's a long stint post an op. Good luck ;)

2.5 hrs today, up the Gorge and left to Blagdon and climb out of Burrington Coombe. That last bit doesn't tickle, as TC :). LoL

Anyway, feeling good just to be out there. Very cold ride today but lovely and sunny and crisp. Great to be alive :)

• Like 2

2.5 hrs today, up the Gorge and left to Blagdon and climb out of Burrington Coombe. That last bit doesn't tickle, as TC :). LoL

Anyway, feeling good just to be out there. Very cold ride today but lovely and sunny and crisp. Great to be alive :)

screw you, i think there is still a standing bet of some whiskey or something....

screw you, i think there is still a standing bet of some whiskey or something....

I don't know what this means? :)

Well done Team Downesy. Sportsperson Of The Year Awards shouldn't only be about the one's who are just genetically gifted, they should also be for those who put the work in. From what I've heard this award was well and truly deserved :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

Well done Team Downesy.  Sportsperson Of The Year Awards shouldn't only be about the one's who are just genetically gifted, they should also be for those who put the work in.  From what I've heard this award was well and truly deserved :thumbsup:.

Are you saying I'm not genetically gifted? :P

Thanks mate. It was an unexpected honour but one I was happy to accept.

• Like 1

My good news is that this morning I did a SIX km ocean swim. 10 swimmers, regrouping at key landmarks. Unsupported. A bit over 2 hours all up. My previous longest was 3.5km. I'm stoked.

• Like 7

My good news is that this morning I did a SIX km ocean swim. 10 swimmers, regrouping at key landmarks. Unsupported. A bit over 2 hours all up. My previous longest was 3.5km. I'm stoked.

Well done Gillian, you're making me feel very lazy

Being casual Friday today, and stinking hot/humid, I decided to wear shorts. This means the brown belt to go with the deck shoes, rather than the black belt with the black shoes I normally wear. I haven't worn it for about a month. I put it on after swimming this morning and found I need a new hole in it about an inch shorter than the shortest, just to take the slack out of it.

I'M HAPPY!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Edit to add: And now off to the blood bank to get rid of another half a kilogram. :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 4

well done ex that's seriously quality.

I'm about to drop a half a kilo too, but that is only because it's 3pm work break dump time. blood donation certainly seems more compassionate. I need to get on board too, maybe not just right now though...

After about 3 years of the missus in pain from her back, back operations , nerve problems , leg and knee problems , she is pain free this week. The last treatment on Monday , a quartezone shot (?sp) had the leg working. She has started pool exercises and mild stretching this week.

She had problems in Husky last week walking the stairs to our unit. No more now.

We are so lucky when we do not have pain.

FM

• Like 9

Only if she gets one too was her reply.

I do like her style though. This morning she wondered out loud if instead of wedding gifts we could just have a slush fund to go towards new bikes.

• Like 2

Only if she gets one too was her reply.

I do like her style though. This morning she wondered out loud if instead of wedding gifts we could just have a slush fund to go towards new bikes.

I suppose her Dad owns a brewery too.

Damned lucky bastard.

Well, funny you should say that. He doesn't own a brewery exactly but he does makes some absolutely top-notch wines.

Today I asked a question and the answer I received was "yes". :D

Congrats! !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Today I asked a question and the answer I received was "yes". :D

Congratulations to you mate and pass on my best to (almost) Mrs Stikman! More importantly, when's the Stag/Bucks party? :wink3:

Onya Stickman. Out of the furnace and into the fire. when you find the right one (loves bikes, drinks beer etc), hold tight.

FM

• Like 1

Good day today.

Youngest gets Deans Academic Award @ Uni

Georgie%20Deans%20Academic%20Award_zpsgb

Eldest heads to Sydney to start her first real job

I jogged/walked for 30mins on treadmill for first time in 4yrs with minimal pain

Started 2 weeks hols, off to Tassy fly-fishing....after a quick trip to Bathurst for Mrs T to do the hill climb TT

• Like 5

Good day today.

Youngest gets Deans Academic Award @ Uni

Georgie%20Deans%20Academic%20Award_zpsgb

Eldest heads to Sydney to start her first real job

I jogged/walked for 30mins on treadmill for first time in 4yrs with minimal pain

Started 2 weeks hols, off to Tassy fly-fishing....after a quick trip to Bathurst for Mrs T to do the hill climb TT

Wow! Awesome day! !

Great work Comfy. Only 1 things tops our own efforts and that is when our kids excel. You must be very proud.

FM

• Like 2

I love that my kids think that exercising is just a normal part of life. This was a game that they were playing this morning at Nana's; after doing rebounder/sprint repeats. ...

First one is okay. Second one, speaking as this household's resident foot massager, is child abuse.

Cranky getting all this fancy triathlon stuff and poor Dazz has to wear an 800 year old t shirt! :D

• Like 3

Well it's been four months since the tornado and finally there is a fence up which means the builders might start soon.

• Like 5

Cranky getting all this fancy triathlon stuff and poor Dazz has to wear an 800 year old t shirt! :D

Yes ... and ...

• Like 1

OK Mrs T got her arse handed to her in Bathurst, but only been back on the bike for 6mths and it has just made her more determined. This was the best she looked/felt all day :lol:

P1020758_zpsqydm5qtk.jpg

But Tassy made up for it.....think we want to move there :taz:

• Like 2

I just bought a new TT bike.

Oh and my wife is 13 weeks pregnant with our first!

Been together almost 20 years. Shizer.

Edited by Niseko
  • Like 4

I just bought a new TT bike.

Oh and my wife is 13 weeks pregnant with our first!

Been together almost 20 years. Shizer.

Geez I thought you were a cranky bastard before, can't wait till you get on here sleep deprived as well.

Seriously though congrstulations mate .