Arpit

The good news thread

13 hours ago, KieranR said:

Hey RImmer, Sprintcars are so exciting, we just had a two night sprintcar stampede up here in Karratha last weekend, i took the kids out as I do every weekend when we have speedway, but we also love the standard street stocks, thats grass roots racing at its best.  we also have a very strong junior racing program here which is great to see.

I love an 800hp donk straight through to a diff and the only thing keeping them level was throttle control and a complicated suspension set-up called a Jacobs Ladder.... and +/- 1 or 2 psi on the tyres was the difference between winning, spinning or binning!

On 21/06/2018 at 7:55 AM, FatPom said:

Stock car must mean something different these days. Back in the Stone Age when I was young ‘stock car’ was also called banger racing and was the polar opposite of ‘no contact’.

We loved the banger racing, so much fun when youre a kid

Yeah, when we were going, there were bikes, sidecars, midgets (speedcars), saloon cars (modified street cars), super modified (these are now sprint cars), and every now and then they'd put on "stock cars', which were the equivalent of a smash-up derby. They used the whole oval rather than just the track, and the winner was the last one moving. 

This sprintcar lives across the road from us and my young fella has been itching to sit in it, he got the chance last weekend ( yes he’s in there if you look closely), all the race car drivers up here in all classes are brilliant and will always ask the kids if the want to hop in, they all hand out stickers and posters to all the kids, it’s a real buzz for the kids

C7CC362C-DDFA-4D6C-B0F6-1252C613C41A.jpeg

• Like 2