Jump to content
Arpit

The good news thread

Recommended Posts

I thought that was RBR's beard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, goughy said:

Ummm, what the frack happened..... it's gotten a bit cooler!

 

IMG_20171220_135036.jpg

Is that .... no, it can't be .....surely not a merkin?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're the second person to say that...... Is it something to do with the grey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, goughy said:

You're the second person to say that...... Is it something to do with the grey & the curls & the shape & you can buy ones just like it online as well as reputable 'toy shops'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been over in Dunedin for the NZ Master Games.  The Mrs entered 6 events (100m, 200m, discus, shotput, indoor rowing 300m & 500m) and got gold in them all!  Has so much more natural talent than me it is embarrassing.  She has been crook as a dog for the last month too with a flu. Rowed as a lightweight (<61kgs) and even beat the big girls (open = heavyweight).  On the piss now :lol:

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 11:13 AM, Shrek said:

We got engaged last night....!

 

Dinner and Screaming Jets concert and a proposal

 

Broke the news to the girls this morning (trace has two daughters 8 and 12)...and they pretty happy...

 

don't know how to post pics here...happy for someone to post the collage from FB here those that have seen it...

 

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

 

How life changes soo much in two years.....

after five years....this part of life ended last nite.......time to move forward....be difficult for a bit....but hopefully better future....

:huh::huh:

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee, sorry to hear it mate. 

Seemed like things were going well for you all. 

Hope you are ok.... and have somewhere to stay. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shrek said:

 

How life changes soo much in two years.....

after five years....this part of life ended last nite.......time to move forward....be difficult for a bit....but hopefully better future....

:huh::huh:

Really sorry to hear it mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 53 tomorrow. Im not sure how to take stock of life at the moment. My job is very stressful and causes a bit of sleep loss but most days the hours are manageable. We are looking at buying a place in Winchester, which is a bit like saying you're buying a Ferrari but only the cheap one .:wink1:

 Little one gets her school allocation in a weeks time, and to say Mrs FP has gone about with military precision is a bit like saying NASA just lobs a fancy sparkler at the stars!

So all a bit stressy at Chez FatPom. Despite all that, I'm running better than I ever have since my back first went bang in 2011. I'm probably at about peak bike fitness, maybe lost some racecraft but power is up. Just about holding my own in swimming.

Relationship with Flipper is getting better, we went to see Peter Rabbit yesterday and both had a good laugh. I'm sat in Starbucks, waiting for them to come back from swimming, then we are off to the oldest pub in England for lunch.

i miss Oz more than ever but Mrs FP is settled here. I miss my Trannie mates but have loads to be thankful for. :wine:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I'm 53 tomorrow. Im not sure how to take stock of life at the moment. My job is very stressful and causes a bit of sleep loss but most days the hours are manageable. We are looking at buying a place in Winchester, which is a bit like saying you're buying a Ferrari but only the cheap one .:wink1:

 Little one gets her school allocation in a weeks time, and to say Mrs FP has gone about with military precision is a bit like saying NASA just lobs a fancy sparkler at the stars!

So all a bit stressy at Chez FatPom. Despite all that, I'm running better than I ever have since my back first went bang in 2011. I'm probably at about peak bike fitness, maybe lost some racecraft but power is up. Just about holding my own in swimming.

Relationship with Flipper is getting better, we went to see Peter Rabbit yesterday and both had a good laugh. I'm sat in Starbucks, waiting for them to come back from swimming, then we are off to the oldest pub in England for lunch.

i miss Oz more than ever but Mrs FP is settled here. I miss my Trannie mates but have loads to be thankful for. :wine:

I thought this was going to be bragging about getting clearance for another bike... 😁

 

Still keen to take the p3 off your hands for a ridiculously low ball price.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pieman said:

I thought this was going to be bragging about getting clearance for another bike... 😁

 

Still keen to take the p3 off your hands for a ridiculously low ball price.. 

The frame might be going soon!  Not sure yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flipper got into our (read Mrs FP's) first choice of school.   Apparently this is a big deal!  I went to school in deepest, darkest Somerset, there was no choice, just 'the school'.  We had our own tractor though, ooh arrr :lol:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome FP.  The right school seems to be the big thing!  We lucked out when the year before Jas started high school and were rezoned, from the rough and ready state school to what is (for girls anyway) the best school in town (and probably 2nd best school for boys, behind the 20k/yr private).

My good news comes from an "8 years ago" memory my wife had pop up in FB.  She had been attending my daughters cross country back then and had said "she'll never be sporty, but she tries and has fun".  FF to today, and she plays netball (some rep in the past), volleyball, touch football, was 2nd for age champion at her swimming carnival (competing in every event), she does tri's, she represented the school in the all schools cross country and 800mts + another event I don't remember, and in gr11 is the vice sports captain for her house at school.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a 7'4 Greg Clough Aloha mini mal from a guy at work. Ideal for Pommie waves (mostly) and great for Flipper to stand on. Can't wait to try it out. B)

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the great things in life - after losing a baby during pregnancy - your son letting you know that they are expecting again. This will be their 1st (and are at 20 weeks and everyone is healthy). 

FM

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned 56 on Tuesday and ramping life up a bit (its surprising how mortal you feel as you age).  New surfboard will get christened this weekend. Entered my favourite trail run for August.  Multiple skin cancer surgeries nearly done and all is good.  Rogaining events in Qld and ACT over the next few of weeks.

Life is on the up after a pretty dark period.

PS Not manic, just excited.  :lol:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FatPom said:

Bought a 7'4 Greg Clough Aloha mini mal from a guy at work. Ideal for Pommie waves (mostly) and great for Flipper to stand on. Can't wait to try it out. B)

How the hell did a Clough Aloha make it all the way over there??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roxii said:

How the hell did a Clough Aloha make it all the way over there??

It was bought in Oz whilst the guy was travelling. He also had a custom padded bag made for it by McTavish in Byron. (and he threw in some Sex Wax 👍

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lawman said:

Turned 56 on Tuesday and ramping life up a bit (its surprising how mortal you feel as you age).  New surfboard will get christened this weekend. Entered my favourite trail run for August.  Multiple skin cancer surgeries nearly done and all is good.  Rogaining events in Qld and ACT over the next few of weeks.

Life is on the up after a pretty dark period.

PS Not manic, just excited.  :lol: 

That could almost be me writing that...  I've still got a couple of more months of the skin cancer stuff, but hopefully should be good to go after that.  Haven't hit the 'excited' bit yet, I think I'm still at the sore, stiff & cranky stage :lol:.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, Flanman said:

One of the great things in life...

Yes it is...  We've got a grandson that's 2 and one on the way.

It's probably the best thing in my life at the moment and a fantastic time waster.  Love it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best news this week after 7 months of tricky stuff.

Short version: mid September in small town rural France Mr T had a week in hospital after sudden haematurea. Stabilised, camera for a look, cauterise, biopsy. The French medical system is awesome: competent, thorough and cheap. We finished our holiday, urologist emailed the pathology the day we left Singapore to come home (good medicine to hold it back while we enjoyed ourselves and tried to stay unstressed). Muscle invasive bladder cancer,  no previous symptoms. Bugger. 

Fast track GP,  the best urologist in Sydney for this surgery, pre-op physio, surgery mid November, 2 weeks in hospital. Came home with a new bladder made out of a bit of small intestine. Lots of work still to be done on pelvic floor but no bag. Chemo finished before Easter. 

First post op scan this week is CLEAR :clapping:

Still a long way to go to the final all-clear, but this was a big hurdle. Now he can start to plan retirement activities, at least medium term.

I nearly put this in the mental health thread a while ago, but it belongs here, not there. We’ve been so well supported that mentally we’ve both been very aware but not deeply troubled.   

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×