hacq1

Wireless headphones

I've been using my Trekz Aftershockz indoors since I got them for my birthday last year. Can't fault them whatsoever. Since joining the modern era and getting Spotify on my phone, I took them for their first outdoor adventure last Monday on a quick run and also yesterday on a long ride around Murarrie Crit track. I genuinely can't fault them. The sound is clear and high quality and the headphones are light and comfortable. They are loud enough that you can get lost in the music, but even at a near max volume and under a Giro Aerohead, I could have a conversation with a mate who pulled up alongside me. Battery life seems to be pretty reasonable as well.

Happy to answer any other questions if you have them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BNothling said:

I've been using my Trekz Aftershockz indoors since I got them for my birthday last year. Can't fault them whatsoever. Since joining the modern era and getting Spotify on my phone, I took them for their first outdoor adventure last Monday on a quick run and also yesterday on a long ride around Murarrie Crit track. I genuinely can't fault them. The sound is clear and high quality and the headphones are light and comfortable. They are loud enough that you can get lost in the music, but even at a near max volume and under a Giro Aerohead, I could have a conversation with a mate who pulled up alongside me. Battery life seems to be pretty reasonable as well.

Happy to answer any other questions if you have them.

great kit, best price i found for them was  a place called runwith.com

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CootaGC said:

I also have them.  Do you notice any vibration? 

which ones do you have? I got the Trekz titanium and they dont fit my head that well so I cant hear very well in noisy environs (running outside) but used my wifes Trekz Air which seem to fit better and they re the bomb.. I need to steal them

34 minutes ago, CootaGC said:

I also have them.  Do you notice any vibration? 

Nope. No vibrations at all.

2 hours ago, goughy said:

You talking big headphones, or little earbuds?

little earbuds for running

Jaybird have just updated their run xt model.  My mate has the Jabra elite one, he likes them.

• Like 1

I have a few pairs... 

The Aftershokz Air are a little better than the Titanium, but not by much. I have plantronics BackBeat3 which are good, but I find if you get to sweaty they can start to slip out of your ears, you also miss the noises going on around you which is annoying. I have a pair of Bose soundsport wirelss thingies to run in as well and they awesome sound and loud, but over kill and annoying when you miss place one of them. You cant hear a thing around you when you have these on. 

Trekz air. At the moment I have used them mainly on tram, train, bus and notice the vibration. Not so much when I have run in them. 

11 hours ago, willie said:

. I have a pair of Bose soundsport wirelss thingies to run in as well and they awesome sound and loud, but over kill and annoying when you miss place one of them. You cant hear a thing around you when you have these on. 

That would be good. When i am in pain I want my ears blasted. Sure I won't be able to hear when I'm 60 🤷‍♀️

How secure are the Trekz - is it reliant on the bit that hooks over the ears to hold them on as they don't seem adjustable in any way?

5 hours ago, symo said:

How secure are the Trekz - is it reliant on the bit that hooks over the ears to hold them on as they don't seem adjustable in any way?

Pretty good. I run trail a bit and even took em MTB with no issues. It's a bit of compression mixed with they way they hook around. 

5 hours ago, symo said:

I went for my 2nd run in them last night. Couple of kms of warm up with some dynamic movements, followed by 5 hill sprints and then a jog home. Never once did I feel like they were slipping off or going to bounce.

The curvature (?) in them is quite tight so they grip on to your head pretty tight. They fold up on themselves a bit when they're off your head.