Stikman

They're trying to steal our beer mile

What time is ours? 3? Won't they be long gone by then?

Really, the undies run is before the event, not after. They've got it all wrong.

Glycogen Lilo - I think you should go pro bono for the good of the sport and bitch slap this event with an interlocutory injunction.

Nobody respects the sport anymore. The sports history, a rich history at that, just cast aside willy nilly.

The sport has nothing, if it has no respect. It's one thng for triathletes to wear compression socks, it's a whole new level to piss on the very core of the sport, it's history and everything the sport stands for.

IM did not sell out in this country until the beer mile arrived and now some johnny come lately just waltzes in and seeks to run an event using the very history that made IM in Australia what it is today.

-------------

As an aside, does anyone know what type of beer they are using - Matilda bay ?

Nealo, we could fly in ?

Edited by Oompa Loompa

I'm planning a bit of a gang confrontation. Something like a scene from Westside Story but with more complicated choreography.

• Like 2

I'm planning a bit of a gang confrontation. Something like a scene from Westside Story but with more complicated choreography.

Anchorman.

• Like 1

Better invite RoboCop... Sounds like there's going to be... Trubble!

It did all start in Busso with 5 of us. Yoyo, simone and cant remember the others. Back when supplying 1 case of beer was enough.

The tranny one will still smash it.

• Like 1

Maybe we need some further advertising as obviously this guy doesn't know about "ours".

There is no other explaination. He wouldn't be stupid enouh to go in to competition would he?

As an aside, does anyone know what type of beer they are using - Matilda bay ?

Nealo, we could fly in ?

Are we running a Callala beer mile? :lol:

I will admit when I came up with the idea it was only after seeing Luke McKenzie doing one in the states after a race.

I did shoot him a message asking could I do it here and he said go for it.

I have only done the beer mile once.

Drank a 6 pack of Corona at the hotel then rushed down to the start line. Did the event & then sat down & had a couple of left overs before trying to get up walk back to the car........

I don't think I will ever do the beer mile again.

I have only done the beer mile once.

Drank a 6 pack of Corona at the hotel then rushed down to the start line. Did the event & then sat down & had a couple of left overs before trying to get up walk back to the car........

I don't think I will ever do the beer mile again.

Obviously the problem is with your choice of beer B@w :wink3: I had a couple of pints before the Beer Mile in Cairns - it isn't good prep! Don't let the mistakes of the past put you off though boyo - up and at them again :smile1:

Think we need to get in touch with the bloke and explain the situation...I know Stikman has posted on the FB page.

I'm trying to find out who it is so that we can have a chat. Don't want to resort to a public discussion on FB if I can avoid it.

And Bored@, if you didn't do the beer mile after Melbourne your sub-12 will need top be declared null and void. You only did half the event.

I was on the 7am flight after IM Melbourne & then straight to work for the airport. I was in a 2hr performance review meeting at 3pm when the beer mile was on.

try anchorman style

• Like 1

I was on the 7am flight after IM Melbourne & then straight to work for the airport. I was in a 2hr performance review meeting at 3pm when the beer mile was on.

And your point?

He somehow got a promotion and a payrise. And Bored@ only drinks mexican beer.

From the fact that you have only ever done one in your multiple Ironman races I think we can conclude that this was not the reason that you chose to compete in the main event, just an excuse after the fact. Like checking and signing your score card after a round of golf, it's not official until it's done.

He somehow got a promotion and a payrise. And Bored@ only drinks mexican beer.

It's not what you know, it's who you blow. The Mexican beer is just corroborating evidence.

We get it. You fear the beer. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

He fears (and in order)

1. Riding a bike with Shimano

2. Me beating him in an Ironman

3. His Daughter

4. His Wife

5. Australian Beer

6. Clowns

7. Small dogs

8. Going Bald (that ship has sailed)

9. Kona

10. Ironman Malaysia

He fears (and in order)

1. Riding a bike with Shimano - Just purchased a Giant with Di2 (only a wet weather & crit bike)

2. Me beating him in an Ironman - That will never happen

3. His Daughter - She is learning from her mother see number 4

4. His Wife - Everyone is scared of her & her apprentice see number 3

5. Australian Beer - Beer & me are no longer friends

6. Clowns - Peter & Stiky are clowns & until they go sub 12hrs in an Ironman I have no fear

7. Small dogs - they just shit me

8. Going Bald (that ship has sailed) - I like the Bruce Willis look so FU

9. Kona - not scared of Kona I like hard races, I raced the half & think Cozumel is better then Kona for a holiday & race destination.

10. Ironman Malaysia Still scared of Malaysia but moving it December will make it a lot easier

• Like 1

Hey Stickman ring up the TWA office and get them to give you Gillys mobile number then you can ring him and sort it and avoid facebook.

Im sure he isnt even aware that the beer mile exists,hes not the sort of guy who would be looking to piss people off.

• Like 1

Ive done a beer mile after every IM distance race I have competed in except Malaysia which is very strict on alcohol consumption in public.

IM WA x 3

IM OZ x 3

IM Frankston x 1

Challenge Cairns x 1

IM Cairns x 2

Not 1 spew.

1 Wooden Spoon.

Total 10.... catch me if you can Mo-Fo's

Disaster averted.

Hey all !!! A friend brought to my attention that the idea of getting together or near or sharing with Beer Mile is not good one, and a lot of passionate people are against it.

It was never my intention to steal anything from any nobody. Apologies this snowballed in such a way.

Please those who have access to the beer mile discussion forum just post a note in there to tone things down. Just a bad case of Chinese whispers and a fun idea turned wrong.

Just enjoy life and focus on the important things. IMWA and the Beer Mile is one of them! Cheers!

It's Gilly here. Pasting from the FB site:

"Hey all !!! A friend brought to my attention that the idea of getting together or near or sharing with Beer Mile is not good one, and a lot of passionate people are against it.

It was never my intention to steal anything from any nobody. Apologies this snowballed in such a way.

Please those who have access to the beer mile discussion forum just post a note in there to tone things down. Just a bad case of Chinese whispers and a fun idea turned wrong.

Just enjoy life and focus on the important things. IMWA and the Beer Mile is one of them! Cheers! "

Just saw this on that facebook link above from 4 hours ago:

10153894_10203417619223615_8042367037439
Gilly Chutrau NxubJaK2MDR.pngfeeling concerned

Hey all !!! A friend brought to my attention that the idea of getting together or near or sharing with Beer Mile is not good one, and a lot of passionate people are against it.

Just enjoy life and focus on the important things. IMWA and the Beer Mile is one of them! Cheers!

• Like 1

Are they talking about ratties Beer Mile?

PS: good luck to all IMWA racers...... I'll be back there next year. Look forward to updates from everyone and what the new course is like.

So, now that's settled, in the absence of Rattie, who is to be our Master of Ceremonies?

Edited by Katz

It's not my race. I just seem to be the guy who makes a post about it first and then get lumbered with the logistics.

Not complaining. Stikman should run it as I doubt he will finish the other race.