adstar

Waterproof Tape

I am currently seeing a physio to help with an old tendon injury that has flared up. Some specific exercises are helping, and I am strapping with Dynamic Tape which is working great, but it just won't stay on in water when swimming. I really want to have it strapped up when I race in two weeks.

Is there an alternative tape that will stay on?

I need something that will get me through the swim and into the next two legs.

Thanks

Rocktape. They do an H2O version which they reckon stays on better. But I don't notice any difference and just use then regular stuff.

If u need it on for a really long haul, you can get spray on sticky stuff called "ball grip" that sticks it even better.

Rocktape.com.au

If u need it on for a really long haul, you can get spray on sticky stuff called "ball grip" that sticks it even better.

Sorry, but I just had to giggle...

If you rub the tape properly when you apply it, then it should stay on for a regular swim and for the rest of the race. I find KinesioTape stays on best and it will stay on better if its been on for at least overnight before you swim.

I lost Rocktape last time I raced with it on, not much good when it's the run that you really want it for. I may have put it on in haste, can't remember.

KT is ok if the precut is the right length for where you want it. You can waste lots. I don't think it sticks much better than kinesio.

For similar reasons last year I tried almost everything that was supposed to stick in water and nothing worked. I say almost as I didn't try ball grip (I chuckled too) or kinesio tape. The best I could come up with was applying pre-cut strips in T1 and even then, it didn't stick firm.

I've found rock tape to stick the best, with or without ball grip :-)

KT and the others all failed for me.

The trick is to apply it the night before. The body warmth over night helps settle the glue in.

But if u use ball grip, careful of over spray......... yes seriously. Spray it on a napkin or something and rub it where you need it.

.......waiting.......

I used rocktape without ball grip for my last IM. Stayed on no probs. For a full 15 hrs

Hey I was reading this thread yesterday --- so I tried some KT tape ( had some here ) -- as I was just experimenting to cover part of my feet - for some shorter races coming up ( don't want to wear socks -- feet got badly cut into on Robina OD --being so hot kept pouring water over me -- hence shoes got soaked and my feet were rubbing  ) ---- went for a long run this morning --and didn't get "hot foot" like I normally do ---- have to do more running with the KT to see --- but wouldn't it be great if it somehow stopped it