Oompa Loompa

Coffee machines v nespresso machines

Make real coffee. Beans. Grinder. Espresso machine. Steam your milk.

Those pods are just going to landfill.

• Like 1

Pre dawn I visualize Vincent Vega at Lance's house preparing Madman while I grind freshly roasted beans in my Rancilio Rocky then prepare fresh steamed milk and express a double shot in my Rancilio Silvia. All manual, needs cleaning and some regular maintenance. My wife appreciates the effort. If I'm home for the day I'll repeat before lunch, the kids love a hot choc made with steamed milk for brekkie. I understand you can get a filter basket to use pods of some sort in it.

I've got an Aldi at work. It is better than instant, which I wouldn't have tasted for close to a decade. Couldn't tell much of a difference between the Aldi and Nespresso when I've used one in a hotel breakfast bar

Does one need steamed/frothed milk for a mocha?

Buggers me, I hate coffee. Just know after going through two nespresso, one aldi and some other one, that this is by far the best option. All the others have a Teflon inside which ended up getting a burn mark in them.

This was dearer, but cleans much easier, can go in dish washer, can do milk for at least two mugs of coffee at the same time and the kids do hot chocolates in it, adding the choc powder as it's frothing.

So you're locked in? It reminds of buying a cheap printer then finding out the ink cartridges costs so much. More research needed.

Agree.

And you are stuck with their limited coffee brand.

At least with a real machine you can try different coffee roasters beans or any of the 30 types coles now sell.

We have a Nespresso at work with unlimited free coffee and only one guy uses it. Everyone else goes out for real coffee.

I'm clearly a no for a pod machine.

• Like 1

Make real coffee. Beans. Grinder. Espresso machine. Steam your milk.

Those pods are just going to landfill.

I'm with you, but how many people have $2k coffee machines sitting at home covered in cobwebs. I quite liked making coffee with our fancy machine, but it is a PITA what with all the cleaning and stuff. My parents spend $4k on one, used it 3 times and reverted back to Blend 43....

Saeco Via Venezia here plus Breville Smart Grinder. Got them cheap at $280 + $200. They've both been flawless for ~2000 coffees. Did upgrade to a non-pressurised portafilter and a better tamper.

Changed jobs since I started this thread and so have the hours and locations I work in. Have become an absolute coffee snob, havnt had milk in a coffee since I can't remember, Still will order milk coffees for people though.

Never realised all the decent coffee places have sub culture with rotating beans from all over the world and take great pride in telling you where today's bean comes from wether El Salvador or New Guinea or wherever.

Been travelling a bit and the old bean hunter web site goes ok on Location tips.

• Like 2

Changed jobs since I started this thread and so have the hours and locations I work in. Have become an absolute coffee snob, havnt had milk in a coffee since I can't remember, Still will order milk coffees for people though.

Never realised all the decent coffee places have sub culture with rotating beans from all over the world and take great pride in telling you where today's bean comes from wether El Salvador or New Guinea or wherever.

Been travelling a bit and the old bean hunter web site goes ok on Location tips.

Nice

$700 sunbeam cafe series. Fully manual. Excellent VFM. Use it every day I'm at home before lunch.

6900 model?

Been wondering... Is it true that 'real' coffee is better for you than instant coffee? :sleepy:.

Or is this just a furphy to rid the world of instant coffees and to sell lots of coffee machines.

You guys operating big machines must have all the time in the world. I can hardly wait for my milk to froth on the Nespresso before I have to go.

Plus all the hassle of cleaning, thanks but no thanks.

Having said that its 6:15 and my ride is done so I'm sitting at a coffee shop waiting and having a quiet time. For me it's as much about the experience as it is about the coffee so another reason I don't really care for "real" coffee at home.

Having said that its 6:15 and my ride is done so I'm sitting at a coffee shop waiting and having a quiet time. For me it's as much about the experience as it is about the coffee so another reason I don't really care for "real" coffee at home.

Must admit, it does become a ritual and the earlier the better re coffee shops. Forget the milk, worship the bean.....or pod....lol

About to paddle a few k on the hacking then it's coffee time.

• Like 1

You'll change Rog the force is strong for good coffee!

I was once a simple coffee drinker of the instant type and now im just a down right snob..haha

Get the right machine cleaning is so simple.

On a side note I am also now a meat snob can only eat from a select few butchers ill puke if I eat a wollies or coles steak...haha

• Like 2

Friend of mine put me on to http://www.bluepod.com.au/

You buy 90 pods a quarter ($90) and they throw the machine in for free! 4 orders and the machine is yours to keep...

Mine arrived during the week and I love it! Arrived 2 days after ordering.

2533540cbc39e839ae206952545782b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by beginnergirl

You'll change Rog the

On a side note I am also now a meat snob can only eat from a select few butchers ill puke if I eat a wollies or coles steak...haha

Lol, Stapletons is my go.

I don't eat much red meat but when I do, I don't waste time on animals that were not groomed with my future intentions paramount.

• Like 1

I have a couple of Bialetti Moka Express (different sizes) at home, that have served duty for about 3 decades now.

That is as much effort as I'm prepared to make for coffee at home.

You guys operating big machines must have all the time in the world. I can hardly wait for my milk to froth on the Nespresso before I have to go.

Plus all the hassle of cleaning, thanks but no thanks.

real coffee doesn't have milk. No waiting for frothing (Added without reading posts above).

I had some strict rules which I judge others by.

Mocha is a chocolate milk drink with coffee flavouring.

Cappuccino is for when you don't have time for breakfast meal. Never eaten after 11am

And lattes .... Well ... They are just wrong !!!

Single espresso shot is OK after midday.

AND. there is no fn X in the word ESPRESSO !!!

Edited by Mjainoz

Anyone want to discuss crema delivered and caffeine levels of arabica vs robusta beans, and is a blend of both the answer, or just 100 arabica .,,