sharkbait_au

Has Australia Post recently "improved" their postal service?

Recently starting to see undue delays and routing errors with Australia Post.

- Last items I have sent and received both seem to have been held over in Granville NSW.

- Items being processed at incorrect centers mid route, social media reports indicate this too.

Is this a thing now?

My mailman turned up 2 hours late today. He drives down to the back shed where I work to deliver to me (rural area so 4wd delivery). He said he had to deliver 3 rolls of turf to someone up the street which took up his whole car. Seriously, who orders turf through the mail!

A couple of weeks ago work sent a parcel of electronic gear to me via Australia Post and paid extra for the privilege of registered mail tracking. It took around 12 days to get from Melbourne to Perth and the tracking consisted of two entries in total. The first was at Laverton North saying that the parcel had been lodged at the counter, the second appeared after it was delivered to say that it had been delivered successfully. It was also handed to someone who wasn't me without a signature being taken. Well worth the extra I think you'll agree.

My mailman turned up 2 hours late today. He drives down to the back shed where I work to deliver to me (rural area so 4wd delivery). He said he had to deliver 3 rolls of turf to someone up the street which took up his whole car. Seriously, who orders turf through the mail!

Cutting the neighbors grass?

..back to topic. Always one looking for a connection, I'm wondering if they have done some sort of restructure for the Saturday delivery stuff, etc...

My Disc wheel took 5 days to get from USA to Melbourne. Then 10 days from Melbourne to Perth.

My Disc wheel took 5 days to get from USA to Melbourne. Then 10 days from Melbourne to Perth.

Yep, I order a fair bit of IT stuff for work from the USA - a number of places offer free 3-day delivery on orders over US$200.

I work from home now and again and my postie when dropping a box etc off just puts a pickup from the post office in my letter box and drives off.

Sadly they also now don't send stuff to the local post office. It goes to a distribution post office 15k away. Despite me having 4 post offices within 1.5k of my house.

I work from home now and again and my postie when dropping a box etc off just puts a pickup from the post office in my letter box and drives off.

Sadly they also now don't send stuff to the local post office. It goes to a distribution post office 15k away. Despite me having 4 post offices within 1.5k of my house.

This. Had a day off work waiting for a parcel at home. Have intercom at my apartment and didn't ring all day then, to my surprise when I head out that evening there's a "missed delivery" slip in the letterbox. It's bullshit terrible. Currently on 8 days awaiting a package from Sydney. It's actually quicker to order from the UK.

Still love my postie! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Happened to me a couple of times with large & heavy parcels addressed to our office.

I rang the distribution centre and told them exactly what I thought of them.

Each time, the parcel appeared at our office the next day.

My understanding is the contractors who deliver the parcels are paid per parcel which leaves the distribution centre, not per parcel actually delivered to the addressee. So quickest easiest way is to drop a card and dump most of the parcels at the post office. Like those above I have had many cards dropped while I have been home. Once while I was mowing my own front lawn and once while working in the front yard with the garage door open.

Dwarf??

Edited by Parkside

Ordered a helmet from Pushys for Mandurah this sunday, was shipped from Brissie to Perth on the 24th October. Took 1 week to get to Perth, arriving on 31st and then another week to get from depot 30kms away to my house. The courier company was Fastway who were beyond inept. It was prioritized as urgent on the tuesday, courier's van broke down. wednesday he forgot parcel, thursday courier was sick, friday it was delivered after numerous calls and getting through to the right person, who sorted it out. Maybe this was a one-off for them.

You've got an ex banker managing a "service provider" organisation, what else do we think would happen? In the last 4 years since the MD has been in place he has culled 60% of the middle and senior managers and replaced them (in an attempt to change to the culture) with other ex bankers from NAB and Citi plus a handful of o/s imports. You hear heaps of comments in the media about Post losing money on "letters" but again its creative accountancy because there isn't really any profit on letters but certainly not the losses being highlighted.

Its going to be an interesting journey over the next 10 years for those left still in the organisation

Probably saves 2 minutes per delivery he does this to. Do that every second parcel, and knock off early time!

Probably saves 2 minutes per delivery he does this to. Do that every second parcel, and knock off early time!

Looks like he took a while writing out the card! Bizarre that he didn't just get out the car & knock on the door.

This is what happens when you don't think about unintended consequences while setting KPIs.

Or hire extremely shy introverts...

I think Auspost is going to have a steep reduction in headcount coming up, know one of their recent appointments and he is generally employed to deliver the bad news to those affected

Looks like he took a while writing out the card! Bizarre that he didn't just get out the car & knock on the door.

I'm with you. My courier is done and gone in less time than it took him to do whatever he was doing in the cab.

Happened again yesterday at my house. But my dog barked so I went a got the card and while he was about 6 doors up the street I walked up and got the parcel from him.

He was in the process of writing another card out for that house and yet to get out of the van.

I need a camera on the front of my house to capture this stuff.

Did you ask him why he spent the same amount of time writing the card as it would take him to knock on the door?

I ordered some SIS product 2 weeks ago. Fastway Couriers are yet to show up with the goods, despite the account saying the order has been completed.