Jump to content
Peter

Hayne to NFL

Recommended Posts

Watching the NFL draft at the moment, was surprised to see so many of the players are around 24 years old when they finish college and get into the pro ranks.  This must be about the sport with the oldest rookie age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the news on this I have two issues (apart from the crime itself) 

The victim didnt go to police but to the NRL integrity unit !!

Hayne went to police not with his lawyer but his manager!! 

Seems a bit like both parties are treating this more like a business transaction than a crime!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And back on the NFL topic. Valentine Holmes is talking about trying to make the switch this year. I don't think he'll get as far as Hayne did though, as he's a bit small, and as zippy as we think he is in the NRL, he doesn't have the straight line speed of the guys he'll be competing against for a slot.

It could throw the Sharkie's plans out a bit if he disappears for the season like Hayne did. And the time he may have to miss while he lets whatever helps him build up the muscle gets out of his system.

And not to mention the problems it will throw up in the Qld camp. They've already had a lot of the old guard drop out in the last couple years, and this would be another blow.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roxii said:

Listening to the news on this I have two issues (apart from the crime itself) 

The victim didnt go to police but to the NRL integrity unit !!

Hayne went to police not with his lawyer but his manager!! 

Seems a bit like both parties are treating this more like a business transaction than a crime!

 

Yeah its all a bit odd to say the least on how this is unfolding.  I'm still not a fan of the trial by media, i realise its a page turning big selling story, but let process run its course, hate for this to be another Shaun Kenny Dowell incident, but on the flip side if it is all entirely true, throw the book at him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole NFL experience totally screwed Hayne.  Before that he was reasonably marketable and an asset to any club. From memory when Homes and Taumololo went over for testing. It was Jason they were interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merv said:

The whole NFL experience totally screwed Hayne.  Before that he was reasonably marketable and an asset to any club. From memory when Homes and Taumololo went over for testing. It was Jason they were interested in.

Read a comment from a very unreliable source on social media, take with a grain of salt type thing, that Holmes being pursued is more a case of trying to lure Taumololo over.  And apparently the Cowboys are aware of this and thats the reason they went after and signed Josh Mcguire..... Take what you want from that, but it got me thinking, probably furthest away from the truth as possible though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2018 at 4:42 AM, roxii said:

Listening to the news on this I have two issues (apart from the crime itself) 

The victim didnt go to police but to the NRL integrity unit !!

Hayne went to police not with his lawyer but his manager!! 

Seems a bit like both parties are treating this more like a business transaction than a crime!

 

This is exactly my thoughts, If you were sexually assaulted, you go directly to the police, not the NRL integrity unit.  and the first thing the NRL integrity unit should have said to her is, you need to leave here and go and report this directly to the police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Read a comment from a very unreliable source on social media, take with a grain of salt type thing, that Holmes being pursued is more a case of trying to lure Taumololo over.  And apparently the Cowboys are aware of this and thats the reason they went after and signed Josh Mcguire..... Take what you want from that, but it got me thinking, probably furthest away from the truth as possible though.

if it were true, the cows would surely be in line to stand for a huge compensation payout considering they have him contracted for another 9 seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2018 at 6:42 AM, roxii said:

Listening to the news on this I have two issues (apart from the crime itself) 

The victim didnt go to police but to the NRL integrity unit !!

Hayne went to police not with his lawyer but his manager!! 

Seems a bit like both parties are treating this more like a business transaction than a crime!

 

my understanding is she contacted Hayne First. I wouldn't be surprised if he said go to the NRL. The USA case is also not going away so i think their is some truth that he may be guilty of both charges. He should go away for at least 5-10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holmes is actually slower than Hayne over 40 yards and without the same footwork. He will have to stack on 20kg. Can't really see much use for him, maybe kick return, special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure he will need to stack on a lot of weight he is slightly short for a your typical wide receiver but plenty around @ 6 foot. He is perfect size for a slot receiver which is where he will need to fit because no one will carry a just a kick returner. I just don’t see him have the  Athletic ability to overcome his knowledge short fall.

Jordan Mailata is different, being pick in the draft without ever playing a game. He is a genetic freak.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Prince said:

my understanding is she contacted Hayne First. I wouldn't be surprised if he said go to the NRL. The USA case is also not going away so i think their is some truth that he may be guilty of both charges. He should go away for at least 5-10. 

Thank God for that.  Prince has made his decision, no need for court or a trial.  Lets throw away hundred's of years of hard fought protection of rights.  Let's just have a popular vote on the length of his sentence.

That's genius, making a totally uneducated determination of someone's guilt, knowing sweet f*** all of the facts and circumstances. Congratulations, please apply for the AG's job asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lawman said:

Thank God for that.  Prince has made his decision, no need for court or a trial.  Lets throw away hundred's of years of hard fought protection of rights.  Let's just have a popular vote on the length of his sentence.

That's genius, making a totally uneducated determination of someone's guilt, knowing sweet f*** all of the facts and circumstances. Congratulations, please apply for the AG's job asap.

i think to the bleeding obvious there is some evidence of piss poor behaviour unless you are living in the twilight zone. sorry, if your a fan...perhaps choose your idols more carefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Prince said:

i think to the bleeding obvious there is some evidence of piss poor behaviour unless you are living in the twilight zone. sorry, if your a fan...perhaps choose your idols more carefully. 

Not a fan at all, (in fact I'm glad the club I support is no longer chasing him) but nor am I fan of populist bullshit. Its really weird, but I prefer a system where people actually get convicted on evidence, not some stupid uninformed opinion where they have no idea of the facts.

Glad I don't live somewhere that mere piss poor behaviour is a guilt conviction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lawman said:

Not a fan at all, (in fact I'm glad the club I support is no longer chasing him) but nor am I fan of populist bullshit. Its really weird, but I prefer a system where people actually get convicted on evidence, not some stupid uninformed opinion where they have no idea of the facts.

Glad I don't live somewhere that mere piss poor behaviour is a guilt conviction.

mmmm...two pending rape trials....perhaps you need a third to be convinced there is possibly some behaviour that needs correcting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prince said:

there is possibly some behaviour that needs correcting. 

And that is the crux of it. No-one here knows what evidence (if any) exists in either of the cases. In no way am I victim blaming, but if a 3rd came to light now, would you ask for evidence, or just say that's 3 so he must be guilty. After all, he's been shoved into the media as a scumbag, it shouldn't be too hard to find some-one else wanting an easy target.

But from my experience seeing what a lot of footballers used to get up to at nightclubs, I don't doubt the allegations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And that is the crux of it. No-one here knows what evidence (if any) exists in either of the cases.

 

there is some evidence that has come from the police report being that he bit her on the genitals and she went to hospital.  your not supposed to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

there is some evidence that has come from the police report being that he bit her on the genitals and she went to hospital.  your not supposed to do that.

What if she asks you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

there is some evidence  comment in the press that it has been suggested comes from the police report being indicating that she alleges he bit her on the genitals and she went to hospital.  you're not supposed to do that.

Let me correct that.

But hey, convict him on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mum turns out to be a credible witness, and it appears there is medical evidence, I'd say Hayne Plane has some significant hurdles to jump here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And that is the crux of it. No-one here knows what evidence (if any) exists in either of the cases. In no way am I victim blaming, but if a 3rd came to light now, would you ask for evidence, or just say that's 3 so he must be guilty. After all, he's been shoved into the media as a scumbag, it shouldn't be too hard to find some-one else wanting an easy target.

But from my experience seeing what a lot of footballers used to get up to at nightclubs, I don't doubt the allegations.

 

Together with the first half of his career trying to be all so saintly christian, it really shows consenting or not that he was a F.ing hypocrite, particularly when so many saw him as seeking out to be a role model

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Together with the first half of his career trying to be all so saintly christian, it really shows consenting or not that he was a F.ing hypocrite, particularly when so many saw him as seeking out to be a role model

It is very christian to sin, say sorry to a made up person, then absolved of sin sin again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

It is very christian to sin, say sorry to a made up person, then absolved of sin sin again

But only when caught

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Prince said:

there is some evidence that has come from the police report being that he bit her on the genitals and she went to hospital.  your not supposed to do that.

I’m not saying this didn’t happen because I don’t know but you can’t believe everything you read. 

Australian journalists are useless now. It’s all clickbait now. 

Do you really think someone somehow got the medical report? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter said:

I’m not saying this didn’t happen because I don’t know but you can’t believe everything you read. 

Australian journalists are useless now. It’s all clickbait now. 

Do you really think someone somehow got the medical report? 

most likely  the police report. I would think it would be pretty easy for a journo to at least get hold of the arrest warrant.  Of course its all allegedly, but i have  doubt many feel he is innocent, except Lawman. perhaps lawman is his lawyer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Prince said:

most likely  the police report. I would think it would be pretty easy for a journo to at least get hold of the arrest warrant.  Of course its all allegedly, but i have  doubt many feel he is innocent, except Lawman. perhaps lawman is his lawyer?

Nope, and I haven't said he's innocent.  If he's guilty I hope he goes for a good stretch.  But you've convicted him of two sexual assaults without having the slightest knowledge of evidence or fact.

Your argument is that because there's two actions against him (one of which is actually someone suing for money) he must be guilty. That's stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lawman said:

Nope, and I haven't said he's innocent.  If he's guilty I hope he goes for a good stretch.  But you've convicted him of two sexual assaults without having the slightest knowledge of evidence or fact.

Your argument is that because there's two actions against him (one of which is actually someone suing for money) he must be guilty. That's stupid.

Yeah let's not forget that for some women,  especially in America,  getting paid off or knocked up by a profile person has almost become an industry.. (which could of course  be avoided if the guys kept it in their pants a bit more)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...