Peter

Hayne to NFL

outstanding Russell Wilson, what pro sport is all about, performance under pressure

How's the contract on Hayne coming***

***they don't sign players in any sport during the post season.

Bad luck Riddos. I will watch the highlights before analyzing the game. I think a classis all timer.

Brady wins his 4th SB, that puts him up with Montana and Bradshaw, and maybe explains the attraction of his wife, the world's richest supermodel.

You cannot argue with success. Getting to the Super Bowl is hard enough, winning 4 is total dominance over a period of time.

in summary - it was the year of choking or just major stuff ups along the way.

where did broncos go?

how on earth did baltimore get in the playoffs?

who forgot to pump the footballs up?

wtf green bay?

oh so close & NUP! seattle!?

i did chuckle - because (not riddos) but those horrible seattle fans are just so horrible...

and lynch can sit around for another year with his pile of money - and just decline to comment or be a dick ~ (even though he signs a contract stating he has to report to the media)

now to wait for another season...

at least the college season was pretty good (apart from oregons colourblind co-ordinator)

seahawks had that on a platter and phucked it up

I don't often agree with mere, but 100% correct here.

Give Lynch the ball.

Try to ram it in twice, then pass if you have to on 4th down.

You cannot argue with success. Getting to the Super Bowl is hard enough, winning 4 is total dominance over a period of time.

No Superbowl winning team had won a Playoff game the following season for about 9 years, let alone gone on to won the whole thing again (believe Pats were last team to do that).

Was following scores at work and will check it out later on replay, Offensive Co-ordinator had called some great plays to get us this far, maybe outsmarted themselves today.

Will be interesting to see if we give Wilson a contract upgrade a year early, and re-sign Lynch? Hope Brisbane boy Jesse Williams gets through a pre-season and shows what he can do next season.

Long way to go for Hayne yet. Contracts can be terminated on the spot. I will wait to see him on the field.

He's done pretty well to get a Futures contract, ticking the boxes obviously, but as Hymie said, still a way to go before you can say he's made it.

yeah i read this thinking - is this the same people (his PR crew) drilling out the same message as last time.

is having the media circus (telstra doco) with him adding pressure on the detroit lions to take him (make the final roster) on as a good story???

well the Transitions nega jury said he wouldn't even get a gig as a waterboy...

Yeah I was never really a fan of The Hayne plane, but good on him.

As long as he doesnt go all "Mundine" on us now.

I'm sticking with that one. Mark it down.

Question, you sign a contract, but get cut, does the contract get paid out? Or is it too bad, so sad?

Question, you sign a contract, but get cut, does the contract get paid out? Or is it too bad, so sad?

As near as I can tell from this: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf

if he's on a practice squad, he gets a weekly amount.

If he signs on to the main squad, he gets a payout if he's on the active list after a certain cut off.

(I could be totally wrong)

Usually big time contracts have a 'guaranteed' amount included, that's not likely to be the case for Hayne.

he hasnt even got that gig yet...

stay tuned

As near as I can tell from this: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf

if he's on a practice squad, he gets a weekly amount.

If he signs on to the main squad, he gets a payout if he's on the active list after a certain cut off.

(I could be totally wrong)

Usually big time contracts have a 'guaranteed' amount included, that's not likely to be the case for Hayne.

who really knows what he'll get, but id imagine it will be something new or close to the bottom of the scale.

IF he gets on the active roster , i would imagine his pay would be $450K

by, this is what the rest of the team is getting;

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/

Pity they couldn't get him into the Draft Combine would be interesting to see his stats vs the incoming WR and RB candidates.

you have to be invited to the combine. teams will also conduct their own "combines" and invite players who didnt get the big call up to their facility, and run them through the tests.

its seems odd, he isnt at detroit right now.

Hayne posted a link on Twitter to the times along with a caption, “my 4.5 on my pro day puts me in the mix.”

i was reading an article on the broncos site, about Elway talking about the merit of the 40yd dash.

"You know, it's a big part of it, but it's also showbiz, too," Elway said of the 40. "It is important to be able to see what these guys can run, but they also train for it now, too.

"So it does help you, and you like to see guys run fast, but you can also see how fast they play on tape, too. A lot of it is game speed. A lot of guys can come run a 4.2 here, put pads on them and they run a 4.7.

"So a lot of guys don't carry their pads nearly as well as other guys."

Also... and article at NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473810/article/detroit-lions-reportedly-set-to-sign-aussie-rugby-league-mvp

you have to be invited to the combine. teams will also conduct their own "combines" and invite players who didnt get the big call up to their facility, and run them through the tests.

its seems odd, he isnt at detroit right now.

It is confusing. But training camps do not actually open until Jun/July. The Lions have signed him to a futures contract, which I think means he can't jump to another team and he is guaranteed a tryout, with a chance to make the 45 man roster.

It has been mentioned above that non roster players can be on the practice squad getting $2000/week. However that is week to week and their is no practice squad in the off season. These practice squad players do have a chance to be called up and would be automatically on the NFL minimum salary as long as they are on the active roster.

Dion Sanders, later in his career after comeback did sign a 55M contract with the Redskins. Multi year deal, but Sanders only played one year. And because didn't appear for the 2nd year, the payments were stopped (except he had some deferred money, which is common in US sports). Bottom line. If you are not on the active roster you don't get paid. If you were injured even if permanent, you do get paid.

As of now, it is my belief that Hayne would not get paid. Unless the Lions give him some expense money, or, if he is considered a good shot to make the team he could get some advance money. As in baseball.

It is confusing. But training camps do not actually open until Jun/July. The Lions have signed him to a futures contract, which I think means he can't jump to another team and he is guaranteed a tryout, with a chance to make the 45 man roster.

It has been mentioned above that non roster players can be on the practice squad getting $2000/week. However that is week to week and their is no practice squad in the off season. These practice squad players do have a chance to be called up and would be automatically on the NFL minimum salary as long as they are on the active roster.

Dion Sanders, later in his career after comeback did sign a 55M contract with the Redskins. Multi year deal, but Sanders only played one year. And because didn't appear for the 2nd year, the payments were stopped (except he had some deferred money, which is common in US sports). Bottom line. If you are not on the active roster you don't get paid. If you were injured even if permanent, you do get paid.

As of now, it is my belief that Hayne would not get paid. Unless the Lions give him some expense money, or, if he is considered a good shot to make the team he could get some advance money. As in baseball.

the combines are on now.

combines are not tryouts - its an event that brings all the best new prospects together and run them a set of drills, so all the teams can scout them together in 1 place. Haynes is comparing apples to oranges with his time at the "pro day" also btw.

Im not hating on the man; i just think this guy and his media team are trying to pull a swifty and take a short cut using our patriotism.

Speculation that 49ers may be offering a contract. As a 49ers fan, I sincerely hope they pass, we've got enough experiments going on at the moment to need to add another one

Speculation that 49ers may be offering a contract. As a 49ers fan, I sincerely hope they pass, we've got enough experiments going on at the moment to need to add another one

But that's the thing. If he actually signed a futures deal with the Lion's he can't sign with the 49'ers,

i would bet he will return to the nrl in a year...

If he comes back here, I'd guess he'll be playing union, not league.

He's yours Cotton :D

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12411793/jarryd-hayne-former-rugby-league-player-announces-intent-earn-san-francisco-49ers-roster-spot

$100 000 guaranteed.

Hope he saved well in League.

so he's got a futures contract with 49er's. this doesnt mean he will make the cut. 49er's have cash to splash, and theres tons of really good players available - so how does a random, think he deserves a spot over a tested proven superstar?

the more dudes is see go up on free agemcy, the less i see haynes chances.

if he got signed to a successful club with lower money to spend; then i can see him having a shot.

detroit was def not going to work after they dropped reggie, and suh is on free angency - they have too much more spending money for a "real" player.

i feel SF49 are kind of in that same position.

hayne is a cheap experimental test. (i guess if he is not good enough, then it didnt cost them a lot)

Back to watching reruns of the golden days

Montana passes to Rice for touchdown, Don Lane doing the commentary late night on ABC watching it on the 30cm black and white tv, shedding tears when Montana got traded to KC and losing the last vestiges of childhood innocence and understanding the world is not all sunshine and lollipop, those were the days.

sigh, perhaps I can just spend the next 5 seasons concentrating on college ball - go the fighting irish!!!

hayne is a cheap experimental test. (i guess if he is not good enough, then it didnt cost them a lot)

This.

Montana passes to Rice for touchdown, Don Lane doing the commentary late night on ABC watching it on the 30cm black and white tv, shedding tears when Montana got traded to KC

I completely quit on the 49ers at that point, but have to admit, that next QB guy went OK :)

I completely quit on the 49ers at that point, but have to admit, that next QB guy went OK :)

Yeah he went okay, and the current guy could get us there too if everything goes well. My attitude is now officially adjusted, let's go Haynes, let's get the southern cross flying over the top of a super bowl win in 2016!!!!

After all, in the immortal words of Jerry, we all fundamentally only cheer for the pieces of cloth on the players backs...

Interesting that 19 hours later the 49ers made the first mention of Hayne's "intention" to sign with them. Appears a contract has not been officially signed as yet.

hayne's camp say he has a 3 year "deal". errr..... this seems to be odd - does 49er's know about this? LOL

as much as haynes is a good rugby player; i would not want him part of the broncos.

IF he does actually make the final cut, then IF he does actually get on the field, he'll being playing against "us", which is the way I would want it ;)

Yeah he went okay, and the current guy could get us there too if everything goes well. My attitude is now officially adjusted, let's go Haynes, let's get the southern cross flying over the top of a super bowl win in 2016!!!!

AFL's ben graham played in the superbowl. he was a kicker (and he's bigger than haynes 6'5" @ 107kg)

hayne's camp say he has a 3 year "deal". errr..... this seems to be odd - does 49er's know about this? LOL

It is on their website so I assume its official. Dont know what that means though.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/NRL-Star-Jarryd-Hayne-Signs-Three-year-Deal-with-49ers/fe2ff155-d3a5-4468-a4d6-fe6c76ac4ce9

i dont reckon he will make the 53 man team. however, he may make the 10 man practice squad they are allowed to have in reserve - like keeping the fish on the line.

the first year- he'll probably be in this squad. if he impresses, he may move into the 53 man squad; or they will release him.

(he still has a fight to get into the practice squad tho)

* this squad train and practice with the "real" team, but are not allowed to suit up at a game.