Peter

Hayne to NFL

As a Dallas fan I am unfamiliar with this situation.

Playoff spot clinched with easy win against credible opposition.

Quite funny on the re read. I'm a bit slow.

• Like 1

How are all our teams looking going into the Divisional Playoff weekend? Some cracking match-ups.

Seahawks at home vs Panthers, kick-off around noon on Sunday Aussie time on ESPN, gonna be huge.

How are all our teams looking going into the Divisional Playoff weekend? Some cracking match-ups.

Seahawks at home vs Panthers, kick-off around noon on Sunday Aussie time on ESPN, gonna be huge.

Cowboys @ Packers is getting all the media attention across the US. Wind chill of -19 expected on the frozen tundra of Lambeau (ok they do have extensive undersoil heating). Packers +6 on the betting line.

Well I lived in Green Bay for 5 years, attended college there. But I was in Michigan earlier so was only able to watch the Ice Bowl, 31 December 1967 on TV. I was not a Packer fan then, but certainly the game was one of the greatest ever. Lombardi vs Tom Landry, Bart Starr vs Don Meredith.

Seahawks with the home game rolling under very versatile U of Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson. Against Cam Newton who has had a resurgence this year. Seahawks should win it. They have not been overly dominant this year, but they have done just enough to maintain their seeding.

Edited by kamalarrowsmith

After my Cowboys demolished the Lions in a completely uncontroversial game, it should be a piece of cake to whip the Packers and the 1 legged wonder QB in the tropical environment at Lamebeaux :D

pumped...

i think it will be Broncos, GreenBay , Seattle, NE

then NE v GB superbowl.

of course i would hope for a DENVER v CAROLINA's SB

If he could pass, he'd be just as much chance as anyone else of playing QB for Cleveland :D

leave johnny alone :P

After my Cowboys demolished the Lions in a completely uncontroversial game, it should be a piece of cake to whip the Packers and the 1 legged wonder QB in the tropical environment at Lamebeaux :D

Double/triple sarcasm noted.

I would not want to apply any jinx.

It's Lambeau btw, named after Curly Lambeau who co-owned** and coached the early Packers.

**Packers are community owned but he was the one who got it started. Can you imagine way back, all those road trips were by train. Same in MLB.

It's time for Manning to retire.............

(Please note I know sweet FA about NFL, spent 2 weeks in Denver last year & was lucky enough to have a look at their training facilities & Manning is the only name I remember)

I went to a College Ball game in Cali & absolutely loved it. My wife & Daughter loved the band & cheerleaders. Next time we head over we plan on catching a NFL game. Having the person next to me explaining the game was a huge help.

Tyno, did you think that crucial call was a completed catch?

I thought so, but I suppose I do not know the intricate rules of the game and when a reception is considered complete. I thought the Cowboys were unlucky to lose.

I thought so, but I suppose I do not know the intricate rules of the game and when a reception is considered complete.

That's the thing about the NFL.

By the laws, it's correct to call it incomplete.

You can say, from the vision I've seen, that he never really had full control whilst making "a football move".

It's not enough to be trying to catch it, he needs to have caught it, then done something else while maintaining possession.

If he caught it, then dived and lost it, they probably give him down at the 1, but since he was juggling and diving at once, it's the right call.

As sad as that make me.

Tyno, did you think that crucial call was a completed catch?

I thought so, but I suppose I do not know the intricate rules of the game and when a reception is considered complete. I thought the Cowboys were unlucky to lose.

Hi Mark. Packer fan, having lived in GB way back.

Mate I watched the game highlights and saw most of the plays. I tracked the game play by play but not "live"

I haven't studied the rules recently, but I reckon I know them well enough, although juggling and ball control and forward progress has intricate details attached.

Briliant play by Bryant getting in the air while running forward. Top coverage by Shields who had blanket coverage on but still beaten on the play. He did get a hand in there to cause the unclear possession. But while moving forwards or falling forwards he did appear to control the ball, losing possession or control on contact with the turf. I dunno how a player diving or falling makes a football move and maybe that will be looked at.

I thought it was a catch as did about 80% of my contacts. But I also understand why it's no catch.

I guess in all sports a lot of us like to make calls as we see them, without a rule book in hand and without replay. Tough break for Tony Romo in particular whom I thought had a good game.

Hi K2, yes I'm a packers fan, I keep an eye on their progress, but don't follow the game religiously. Hard to see us getting past Riddos Seahawks, but fingers crossed.

I dont know alot about nfl, so dont crucify me, but from what i have seen, someone like Haynes would do pretty well wouldnt they, being fast, having a step, ball skills...

I dont know alot about nfl, so dont crucify me, but from what i have seen, someone like Haynes would do pretty well wouldnt they, being fast, having a step, ball skills...

By NFL standards, Haynes wouldn't be that fast.

But back on topic,

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eels/jarryd-hayne-still-waiting-on-nfl-dream-but-detroit-deal-seems-imminent-20150107-12jalh.html

Hayne Shmayne, Aussie Cam Johnston currently playing for Ohio State in the College National Championship game as punter in front of TV audience approx. 50-odd million.

Hayne Shmayne, Aussie Cam Johnston currently playing for Ohio State in the College National Championship game as punter in front of TV audience approx. 50-odd million.

How much does he get for kicking a ball?, twice in a game?

How much does he get for kicking a ball?, twice in a game?

2 good punts in the first half, 95 yards in total. No return yardage against.

That requires a detailed answer.

"Fast" means just off Olympic qualifying standard over 100m.

No.

Not much in college.

Minimum wage in 2015 if he make s a full squad - $510 000

Of 32 teams there might be 1-2 jobs available. The punter usually is the holder on FG's and extra points.

Hi K2, yes I'm a packers fan, I keep an eye on their progress, but don't follow the game religiously. Hard to see us getting past Riddos Seahawks, but fingers crossed.

Cheers Hym. Riddos, let's see how it goes. Rodgers won't be 100% but I'm sure he will be out there.

Russel Wilson QB Seattle will run the ball all over the field. He's been drafted to play MLB in the OF and he has breakway speed. Our defense is better against a drop back passer. We did well against Brady about a month ago. Against Wilson I don't think we have the lateral speed to cut him off. We might play 4 linebackers, but that would leave passing lanes open.

We dont have home field, our guys are better on an irregular surface, which other teams aren't used to.

I see a high scoring game, eg 42-35, either way. We do have Crosby who rarely misses which could be an advantage,

Cheers Hym. Riddos, let's see how it goes. Rodgers won't be 100% but I'm sure he will be out there.

Russel Wilson QB Seattle will run the ball all over the field. He's been drafted to play MLB in the OF and he has breakway speed. Our defense is better against a drop back passer. We did well against Brady about a month ago. Against Wilson I don't think we have the lateral speed to cut him off. We might play 4 linebackers, but that would leave passing lanes open.

We dont have home field, our guys are better on an irregular surface, which other teams aren't used to.

I see a high scoring game, eg 42-35, either way. We do have Crosby who rarely misses which could be an advantage,

Should be a cracker, Panthers kept Wilson (and Lynch mostly) pretty quiet on the run game last weekend.

Wilson came up with some massive 3rd down passes (even when not making runs down the field he's elusive enough to dodge a couple of tacklers and wait for the pass to open up), but you wouldn't want to rely on that as a weekly game plan!

can't see anyone getting over the Hawks defence

not as easy as it looks to punt the grid iron ball

maybe I need to watch more NFL, as there is a lot i didn't know or understand why its so huge. i can't say i am a big fan of rugby league. i also loved "draft day'.

Edited by Prince

maybe I need to watch more NFL, as there is a lot i didn't know or understand why its so huge. i can't say i am a big fan of rugby league. i also loved "draft day'.

I think it's huge because of television. Mandatory 30 seconds between plays, timeouts, TV timeouts, stoppages after scores, punts, turnovers. Clock stoppages after certain plays. That allows time for a good analyst to go over a play 2-3 times and dumb it down for the viewer, Some analysts like John Madden ex coach are brilliant at breaking down plays, it's just so natural have each play dissected**

**Madden's an ex coach and may have gone well past his expiry date, but he's the guy that lead the way in breaking down plays. He coached the Raiders to 2 Super Bowl wins the first one at age 34, he knows a lot.

Would love the Packers to win all the biscuits but i just cant see anyone beating Seattle.

• Like 1

Buckeyes !!!

Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers, GB Packers, Milwaukee Bucks. I lived there and I follow all of them.

As for Ohio State (Buckeyes), I sure you have heard of Woody Hayes. In this case, there's a persistent rumor that Head Coach Urban Meyer, is being head hunted by several NFL teams.

Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Brewers, GB Packers, Milwaukee Bucks. I lived there and I follow all of them.

As for Ohio State (Buckeyes), I sure you have heard of Woody Hayes. In this case, there's a persistent rumor that Head Coach Urban Meyer, is being head hunted by several NFL teams.

Only just got into Football but I really like the College Ball games. Planning on going to a couple of games later in the year. Hopefully we can see a game in Ohio apparently their home stadium has a great atmosphere.

Only just got into Football but I really like the College Ball games. Planning on going to a couple of games later in the year. Hopefully we can see a game in Ohio apparently their home stadium has a great atmosphere.

Are you going to be in Ohio? I have done triathlons (x2) in the Toledo/Sylvania area. My son lives in Michigan, and I lived in Michigan and Wisconsin over a 9 year period.

My preference is for the pro game, of course I lived in GB, Green Bay some of that time. I have also attended college games and small college ball in Wisconsin. I have attended probably 12 or more games all Packer games. They formerly played 3 games a year in Milwaukee and been there also.

College football gets more exciting later in the year and over Christmas/New Year when they play bowl games and next year they will play a mini play off system, OSU (Ohio State University) will be a pre season pick to make the Top 4....U of Wisconsin, MSU, UM, will probably be competitive. Penn State usually is but they have been under suspension and their program will have suffered.**

**Sexual abuse scandal by a coach, covered up for many years in case you haven't heard of it. Suspension has been lifted following the

2014 season, but the program suffered 4 years of sanctions, mostly lost scholarships and banned from bowl games.

Yep doing IM Kentucky then heading up to Ohio for a look. We haven't been to a pro game yet but would like to. My daughter loves the cheerleaders & marching bands etc. I have heard the pro games can get a bit feral with drunks etc.

Not sure our exact plans yet but we are hoping to see NBA game & some baseball in NY or Tampa bay. The girls still need to decide what they want to do.

Yep doing IM Kentucky then heading up to Ohio for a look. We haven't been to a pro game yet but would like to. My daughter loves the cheerleaders & marching bands etc. I have heard the pro games can get a bit feral with drunks etc.

Not sure our exact plans yet but we are hoping to see NBA game & some baseball in NY or Tampa bay. The girls still need to decide what they want to do.

11 October IM Louisville?

The baseball season ends 30 Sept, then you have the post season. The Yankees might not reach the post season but the St Louis Cardinals will, I'm a big fan of a rival team and love the game. But baseball over 4 hours can be a bit boring, if not Yankee stadium skip it. Tampa Bay, they won't make the post season. But the Bucaneers NFL will have home games.

An OSU home game looks to be the natural choice, Columbus is a state capital, they are usually clean and safe.

11 October IM Louisville?

The baseball season ends 30 Sept, then you have the post season. The Yankees might not reach the post season but the St Louis Cardinals will, I'm a big fan of a rival team and love the game. But baseball over 4 hours can be a bit boring, if not Yankee stadium skip it. Tampa Bay, they won't make the post season. But the Bucaneers NFL will have home games.

An OSU home game looks to be the natural choice, Columbus is a state capital, they are usually clean and safe.

We are ing the USA from 19th Sep to 18th of October so should have plenty of time to catch a couple of games.

Little Miss 11 year old has already scheduled in a Taylor Swift concert....

• Like 1

Worst case scenario, we beat the Seahawks, but Rogers blows his calf and can't play in the super bowl.

Worst case scenario, we beat the Seahawks, but Rogers blows his calf and can't play in the super bowl.

There's a 2 week window Hymie. We are a +7.5 point underdog. 3 AM start here. Are you getting it live?

Packers get 2 enormous breaks as Seattle runs only 6 plays in the first quarter.

13-0, after 2 FG and a pass from ARod to Cobb.

And again we pin them back to start the second quarter.

It's live on pay TV here K2. My concern with Rogers is, it's been an ongoing chronic issue, if it goes, it will go big time and be a multi week injury.

3:52 remaining, Seattle moving the ball at midfield.

Now in for the score. 19-14.......2:52 remaining.

A miracle just happened 22-22