Rocket Salad

Official Parkrun thread.

2 hours ago, Tyno said:

If she’s keen, it won’t hurt. Might need some negotiating skills if she cracks it half way. :)

If she does, she can ride her scooter & you can run 😉

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

If she does, she can ride her scooter & you can run 😉

We've managed to avoid the scooter convo for now, she hasn't mentioned it.   Our Parkrun is on grass/mud so an mob would be a better shout ( which she has a much better chance of getting :lol: )

• Haha 1

Just been out the back of my dads place to watch north Belfast psrkrun and my cousin was running.

my plan has always been to try and be here to run it with him but alas...

37A4BE7D-EF72-4FF0-BB1D-47C0FC115ECB.jpeg

9C62D887-21F5-45F2-8A42-2334DB146869.jpeg

• Like 5

We did the Xmas Parkrun.  Flipper ran the whole way and did a 40.35 and wasn't last👍  huge crowd today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes will never be last, when my daughter(s) do it with me we tend to do over the hour and even then have only been last the once when she moaned and complained from the 400 metre mark of it being too long

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

We did the Xmas Parkrun.  Flipper ran the whole way and did a 40.35 and wasn't last👍  huge crowd today.

Wow! Impressive

At the airport now about to head to Finland and around Europe for 4 weeks. I have our barcodes packed and hoping to run a few 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, James said:

At the airport now about to head to Finland and around Europe for 4 weeks. I have our barcodes packed and hoping to run a few 

My friends and kids are in Finland now. -11 degrees at Santa Claus Village on Xmas Eve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James said:

We will be there on the 12th heading to Saariselka to the Northern Lights Village 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2018 at 10:10 PM, Tyno said:

Head up the hill and walk Ocean View with my brother instead. 

I'm not all that far from Ocean View myself but it's not on my list. I don't really mind running up and down the steep hills at all, but my back and knees can't handle running across the steep slopes which I'm told there's quite a bit of at Ocean View.

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, roxii said:

Just been out the back of my dads place to watch north Belfast psrkrun and my cousin was running.

my plan has always been to try and be here to run it with him but alas...

Cant be your cousin - he has hair.

FM

• Haha 1

On 17/12/2018 at 8:58 AM, dazaau said:

I don't understand. How hard can it be?! They should outsource it if they can't manage to post a t-shirt - but it seems a fairly straightforward task! 

Seems they went the other way 

They weren’t the only parkrunners proudly displaying their milestone shirts this year, with 2,000 people a week earning these coveted items.

After bringing the production and delivery of milestone shirts in-house and working closely with Pro:Direct, we took delivery of well over 100,000 shirts and introduced a pre-order system to help us eliminate the backlog for the first time. A mammoth achievement and one that shores up the future of milestone shirts. I am also really excited that the new Apricot range has been designed and tested and will be available to order early in the new year.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, Steely said:

I'll be at rocks riverside christmas day, Zillmere on saturday pallara and forest lake new years day and Jindabyne 5th. 

Doing the alphabet, bee gees and pirates and any other things i can think of.

That parkrun Google Chrome extension thingy is great for tracking results and working towards various challenges and achievements. Managed to knock over 250th run and Stop-watch bingo on the same day earlier this year. 

• Like 1

Just had a crack at the Echuca Moama park run. Just the thing to do before a paddle steamer cruise lunch up the Murray :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lawman said:

F***, f***, f***.   Forgot my barcode at Shellharbour today aaaarrrrggghh.

You need the shoe tag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawman said:

You can still run ( at least you can here) you just don’t get a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawman said:

I did this at my local this morning. 

PB time... Not on records.... FARK!? LOL 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

You need the shoe tag

Got the little plastic key ring one, but for the first time my wife drove. Just printed twenty putting em in both cars, wallet, and anywhere else I can think of.

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Yeah, still ran, but my heart wasn't in it ..... nor for that matter were my legs 😂😂

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

I did this at my local this morning. 

PB time... Not on records.... FARK!? LOL 

Ouch, can't get near my pb these days so at least I didnt have to worry that the 30+ degrees and billion per cent humidity didnt stuff my average. 🙄

• Haha 2

Same here but brought up the bar code on my phone and it went through OK - they were using the phone app, to scan bar codes and it all good. :)

14 hours ago, lawman said:

13 hours ago, FatPom said:

You can just email them your code and they update it. 

People do that at my local Pr all the time 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

You can just email them your code and they update it. 

People do that at my local Pr all the time 

I know of 3 parkruns where this won't be the case, so don't count on it.  Has to be a very generous RD to do it.  Rules seem to be different at most park runs, some turn a blind eye to the under 11 needing to run with an adult, others allow multiple dogs, or dog an pram etc.  The rules appear to be flexible, just depends on the local park run as to which ones are flexed

I've got barcodes stashed in both cars, keep another in camera bag, one in backpack.  Printed out 4 pages of them a while ago, got the laminator fired up at work and stashed copies everywhere, with a heap of spares in my bedside table to cover the whole family

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

I know of 3 parkruns where this won't be the case, so don't count on it.  Has to be a very generous RD to do it.  Rules seem to be different at most park runs, some turn a blind eye to the under 11 needing to run with an adult, others allow multiple dogs, or dog an pram etc.  The rules appear to be flexible, just depends on the local park run as to which ones are flexed

I've got barcodes stashed in both cars, keep another in camera bag, one in backpack.  Printed out 4 pages of them a while ago, got the laminator fired up at work and stashed copies everywhere, with a heap of spares in my bedside table to cover the whole family

Yeh some will and some won't. It makes extra work and given that everyone is volunteering their time, it can't be expected.

Our daughter did her first Park run in Cairns yesterday. Humid with "piss off rain" and she ran 36 mins. She's not a runner ( former state level swimmer) and did the run as something different to do for her fitness routine. 

• Like 3

Nice pic FP and well done on the family parkrun! My mum started running 2 years ago aged 69, and has now done 80 odd... including 5 in 3 weeks over here on holiday for the the festive season! 🙂 She's loving the fact her age/gender percentage is better than mine!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Yeah I asked once I'd realised before I ran. But he was polite and said no, which is cool with me. Rules are rules. And I'll just go back another time and go faster. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Local paper took some pics at Xmas Day Run. Both feet off the ground as well, better than any pic I’ve ever had taken of me :lol:

E5124DED-15D3-49EB-A6ED-DAAEE34FA4B6.jpeg

That's so cool FP 😎💪👍✌️✌️

Made my day 👍

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Local paper took some pics at Xmas Day Run. Both feet off the ground as well, better than any pic I’ve ever had taken of me :lol:

Kids - natural "form". Before our rules of 'sit down', 'stop running', 'be quiet' really affects them...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BogFrog said:

Kids - natural "form". Before our rules of 'sit down', 'stop running', 'be quiet' really affects them...

Yep. 

Heard Bobby McGee(run coach) say this years ago. I watched my daughter run as a young girl and it's true. Ain't nature grand 😎👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

Sadly, there’s more to bringing up kids than just letting them run but I’m very glad she does!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Sadly, there’s more to bringing up kids than just letting them run but I’m very glad she does!

This.

You need to let them swim and bike too.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

So true, we have pics of our daughter running at a couple of iron kids, great natural form....makes me jealous really

15 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

That's so cool FP 😎💪👍✌️✌️

Made my day 👍

As Sam said, such a great pic. Having a run with a smile - perfect. Thanks for sharing😊

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FatPom said:

You can probably get the original off them FP. It would look great printed out for her.

• Like 2

NYD double Parkrun today at Wauchope and Port Macquarie. I was pretty happy to go 22:33 and 22:59. The crowded start at Port cost me about 30 seconds in the first km so was surprised to manage a pretty even result across the two events. 

Might need an arvo nap now 😴 

• Like 1

I did the double parkrun here. 370 people at the second one. Ran a 24 flat. 

Ran 25.05 at the first one. Not sure how many there but over 500.

amazing organisation. 

Legs up now. 

• Like 5

I ran 5km to Parkrun then ran with Flipper again, she did a 41.30, I was going to run back but the call of the cafe bacon sandwich with family was strong. :blush:

• Haha 1

I did the double parkrun as well, up at the entrance .Met a guy training for UTA who shares home parkrun with me.

• Like 1

Ran 5km to Parkrun, then managed a 21.20, then ran 6km back home. (a lot slower :blush: )

• Like 2

Lily volunteered on the weekend which meant I could run with Olivia.  So cool. She wanted sub 30. 29:59! Talk about pacing!! She looked so funny at the beginning. Her run was so awkward. She was trying to run slow! Lol!!

20190105_073555.jpg

20190105_070241.jpg

20190105_063928.jpg

Screenshot_20190105-090943_Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20190105-090954_Connect.jpg

Including a drink stop!Screenshot_20190105-091011_Connect.jpg

Edited by Cranky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some seriously fast times around. At Brightwater parkrun on the Sunny Coast last weekend 14:46 got the win and you needed an 18:03 to get 20th and 20min flat for 40th!

38 minutes ago, Riddos said:

Some seriously fast times around. At Brightwater parkrun on the Sunny Coast last weekend 14:46 got the win and you needed an 18:03 to get 20th and 20min flat for 40th!

BERT squad mainly.

Winner was Swiss triathlete. And I think the Hong Kong tri squad are having a camp up there with QAS tri squad also.

Brad Kahlefeldt won parkrun today with a time 15.47

I have to disagree with Wikipedia, They claim he is Waggas  greatest athlete obviously not met Goeasy

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Clappers said:

Brad Kahlefeldt won parkrun today with a time 15.47

I have to disagree with Wikipedia, They claim he is Waggas  greatest athlete obviously not met Goeasy

Haha, if it's on Wikipedia it has to be right!

Brad's quickest run at Wagga Wagga Parkrun is 16:01.

The Wagga Parkrun record is 14:50...  And no it wasn't me! :shy:

PS - Willie used to be fairly handy over 5k's though! :thumbsup: