nealo

The Mental Health thread

Mental Health  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Do you suffer from a mental illness?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - yet to see a doctor about it
  2. 2. Do you know someone who suffers a mental illness

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know but suspect they do

22 hours ago, Tyno said:

Thanks for being there Trannies :)

71CA19A6-9218-496D-B402-25FD3C3E926D.jpeg

Good stuff bud!

• Like 2

On 13/04/2020 at 2:21 PM, Tyno said:

Thanks for being there Trannies :)

71CA19A6-9218-496D-B402-25FD3C3E926D.jpeg

And this is why i keep coming back here once in a while 

Great news given whats going on in the world...

• Like 5

On 10/04/2020 at 4:47 AM, Katz said:

She got through the surgery ok. Off her face in the way home and for the rest of the evening. Had a dinner of fresh prawns and BBQ chicken. Slept curled up with me on the bed all night.

We get the result of the histology in about a week so will have a better idea of what, if anything, we are dealing with. Vet was reasonably optimistic given the nature of the mass on removal but confirmed it is related to the mammary tissue so will definitely need to wait and see.

The vet called. She has a rare and aggressive form of cancer which has spread at least to the nearest lymph node.

• Sad 13

Not good Simone and not what you or us wanted to hear, keep her close and comfortable.  Thinking of you 

• Like 2

I am guessing treatment is not a viable option? Sorry to hear this.Treasure whatever time she has left together.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 7:43 AM, BigRig said:

I am guessing treatment is not a viable option? Sorry to hear this.Treasure whatever time she has left together.

No, any treatment will likely only extend life from 1-3 months to 3-6 months. And that life will consist of doctors trips, tests, scans, infusions and tablets of chemotherapy which will make her feel like crap. 

Instead, she's eating prawns and roast chicken for dinner (some nights) and will sleep on the big bed as much as she wants until it's time for her to go. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Katz, I'm so sorry, it's a really tough thing to go through.

Our dog was diagnosed with lymphoma over Easter and we were told 1 to 4 weeks. She passed away Wednesday.
The same as you, she slept where she wanted, extra breakfast, steaks for dinner and had a really happy last 2 weeks without any pain or discomfort.
I thought I'd be more prepared for the final vet visit but it's been harder than I thought.   They leave such a big whole in your life which has really caught me out.

I hope you can all enjoy the time you have left, my thoughts are with you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 23/04/2020 at 6:25 AM, Katz said:

No, any treatment will likely only extend life from 1-3 months to 3-6 months. And that life will consist of doctors trips, tests, scans, infusions and tablets of chemotherapy which will make her feel like crap. 

Instead, she's eating prawns and roast chicken for dinner (some nights) and will sleep on the big bed as much as she wants until it's time for her to go. 

We we talking about what we would do if it happened to Tommi, as he's getting older (he turned 9 at the end of March) we agreed that we would treat him like a king (like he is already!) until it's time to go. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zed said:

House guests?

Yep.  Happened again Friday night.  

No sleep Thursday night worked  and afternoon evening on Friday.  About 4 his sleep Friday night.  

Physically and mentally draining.  

Haven't used kitchen in two weeks cooking meals in a skillet in my room or relying on protein powder as some intake. 

Been looking for another place for a month now.  Dodgy shit going on with some places

On 17/05/2020 at 12:22 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

Yep.  Happened again Friday night.  

No sleep Thursday night worked  and afternoon evening on Friday.  About 4 his sleep Friday night.  

Physically and mentally draining.  

Haven't used kitchen in two weeks cooking meals in a skillet in my room or relying on protein powder as some intake. 

Been looking for another place for a month now.  Dodgy shit going on with some places

Yeah, our eldest is thinking about renting a place on her own in Syd if she can find somewhere she can afford.

Her boyfriend lives on his own, he's a similar personality to her, can survive fine in his own company.  Same as me.

Her current flat has 2 others, and it is going ok, but she's just one of those people who goes better on her own, though she has basically been living with her BF since Corona happened.  So maybe they will move in together?  That will be make or break!

54 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Her current flat has 2 others, and it is going ok, but she's just one of those people who goes better on her own, though she has basically been living with her BF since Corona happened.  So maybe they will move in together?  That will be make or break!

We did that, seems to be ok so far! 🤣 We were due to get married in exactly 1 month, but Rona came and ruined the party!

4 minutes ago, MissJess said:

We did that, seems to be ok so far! 🤣 We were due to get married in exactly 1 month, but Rona came and ruined the party!

Looks like you could head on down to FB's pad if you really want a party. ;)

On 17/05/2020 at 12:22 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

Been looking for another place for a month now. 

Hopefully you find something soon FB! Can't believe people can be that inconsiderate! Have you spoken to them or is it beyond talking and pointless trying?

Is it your place or theirs?

How did you come to live with them?

Can you move out?

That sucks. Just get up at 4am and do a windtrainer sessionwith your fan loud and music blaring!

Sorry though. It would be tough 😡😢

One of the guys from Sydney Striders took his life last week. Funeral tomorrow. I was not that close to him to know him well. He always seemed a happy and fun guy. Always taking photos on the Striders runs. Take care people and please reach out if you feel down.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people I know commenting on his passing. Didn't know him myself, but lots of close people affected. 

Stay safe. Speak out.

I'm always here. I don't care who you are. I'll always be here.

• Like 4

On 14/04/2020 at 8:40 PM, Shrek said:

Edited by Flanman

I am not sure whether the COVID virus situation plays with your mind or whether the mind has a few kinks of its own and just needs a nudge- like the CV. 

FM

• Like 1

On 23/04/2020 at 4:25 AM, Katz said:

We are down to just days now. My heart is breaking. 

6F8F4B4E-13EE-4472-A7A1-7922A307C452.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 10