nealo

The Mental Health thread

Mental Health  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Do you suffer from a mental illness?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - yet to see a doctor about it
  2. 2. Do you know someone who suffers a mental illness

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know but suspect they do

Sound the pits mate. Like the others have said, it sounds like it's more than just the IM. 

Think hard about whether giving this up is going to really fix things. If so, make sure you are both certain about that. Remember, you can wind the training commitment back and go round in 13+. If that still causes problems, then IM is not the reason.

And most of all think about what is best for you and your daughter. That is what's most important in the long run. We'll all support you either way.

• Like 2

If not doing IM will salvage things with Ali then don’t do the IM mate, relationship is more important.  Like everyone else has said mate, either way you go we’ve got your back 100%.  

PS; don’t even try for sub 10, enjoy the day cruise around, lap it up bloke, I won’t be finished in sub 10 and I wanna see you cross the line and shower you in emu export! So slow down, enjoy the ride! (If you choose to continue through with IM)

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 12:45 PM, roxii said:

Please everyone look after yourself and those around you. 

Just heard some terrible news. 

Those who have been here an while will remember Yurtie and his wife Snoo. 

Unfortunately Snoo (Susan) passed away on Tuesday. Leaving behind Yurtie (Simon) and Rosella their daughter. 

Simon and I met through here and became good friends as did our families as our daughters are the same age. 

Susan suffered a lot and often with her demons. I don’t know the cause of death but I hope she is at peace now. 

😢

If you have a spare  moment please spare a thought for the Yurtie family as Susan is laid to rest today. 

:sadangel:

• Sad 7

Sorry to hear about Snoo. Sincerest condolences to friends and Yurtie's family!

Second anniversary of my wife's passing last Thursday. Unfortunately it's BS when people say it gets easier...

• Sad 8

On 02/08/2018 at 11:50 AM, roxii said:

If you have a spare  moment please spare a thought for the Yurtie family as Susan is laid to rest today. 

:sadangel:

That’s sad to hear, Roxii.  Yurtie was a measured and quality poster when Trannies was at its most feral; seems a very good guy.

• Like 4

Old school mate of mine, didn't catch up that much other than on FB a lot.  Was a paramedic who hasn't been able to work for a while with ptsd and was officially dismissed by QAS I think in the last year as they felt his condition was unrecoverable.  Past away yesterday, not specificity sure what happened but I fear the worst, only found out on FB and most of us are pretty shocked by it!  He was the toughest mf'er.  Perspective.....

• Sad 6

On 12/08/2018 at 7:04 AM, goughy said:

Old school mate of mine, didn't catch up that much other than on FB a lot.  Was a paramedic who hasn't been able to work for a while with ptsd and was officially dismissed by QAS I think in the last year as they felt his condition was unrecoverable.  Past away yesterday, not specificity sure what happened but I fear the worst, only found out on FB and most of us are pretty shocked by it!  He was the toughest mf'er.  Perspective.....

Ambos, Fireman, Police, Nurses,Army, etc that all have to see and deal with some horrific things in doing their job need a lot more help in this area (PTSD).Far too often they get cast aside.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear Goughy, unfortunately too many people seem to hold an identity that is tied exclusively to their jobs, take it away and depression and the like creep in way to easy.  I hate asking people when meeting them now "So what do you do", it really is entrenched in our society which is so crap when it's a notion from our parents and grandparents era and job stability and career changes are so different in our time.  Ask people when you meet them something else like "What makes you tick" or "What are your hobbies"

• Like 2