Sign in to follow this  
QSMSports1

Kingscliff Triathlon - 22&23 November

The Kingy Tri is back!

Come celebrate the 10th anniversary of the event with us!
With the rising of the sun on Sunday the 23rd of November, people young and old, boys and girls will once again merge on the shores of Kingscliff to participe in the Kids, Tempta, Sprint or Olympic distance Triathlon.
There are twelve event categories on offer to cater for everyone, no matter age or fitness level. Tempta and Sprint distances are perfect for those who are not quite ready to tackle the full Olympic distance. Participants can also choose to only compete in one leg in the Olympic or Sprint Relays.
The popular ‘5km Fun Run’ and the ‘62km Social Ride’ will be held on the first day (Saturday 22 Nov), and welcomes both experienced runners and beginners. The title gives it away… it’s all about having fun, and enjoying the great atmosphere and beautiful scenery.
Register now on www.kingsclifftri.com.au

KT10 flyer.pdf

KT10 flyer.pdf

KT10 flyer.pdf

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking at making the Kingscliff Tri my next race. Has anyone got particular tips or relevant info on the course I should know? Thanks in advance

There's a hill on the run. Seems to make some people cry. Just a hill though. It's a hike to the swim start. Rack you bike at the end nearest the water so you run on less sand, and aren't standing on it when getting your bike, or taking wetsuit off, though surely that time of year won't be a wetsuit swim.

What fought said. Plus it's a bullshit fast swim with the outgoing tide. Guaranteed PB over 1500m.

It was only just a wetsuit swim last year.

Thanks heaps for the great tips. I am thinking about going there this weekend to check out the course. Where do you guys usually stay when you are down there?

Sleep in your car at the caravan park ;)

I can't remember where my mate and I stayed, but salt rings a bell. He's not a budget dude like me (who's slept in the back of my van at multiple races) and the place he found us was nearly 450 a night! I nearly had a heart attack!

We rented a flat through a local real estate agent. The paperwork was painful as they are in the mindset of cheap holiday rents and obviously have a high damage rate, but it served the purpose.

Don't forget that there is more to the Kingy Tri than just the triathlon.... registrations are also open now for the following events:

Kingy Tri Corporate Teams Challenge

Want you and your work mates to feel like triathletes without all the hard work? Then come along to the first ever Kingy Tri Corporate Teams Challenge!

This is your opportunity to showcase your athletic skills (or lack thereof) to your colleagues, boss or employees! All skill and ability levels are welcome with the aim of the game to have fun rather than to break any records.

Training for the Kingy Tri Teams Challenge will give you the chance to get to know your colleagues outside the workplace. The Kingy Tri is all about reaching your potential, regardless of your skills or abilities, so instead of tackling it alone, recruit the support of your work mates!

The Kingy Tri Corporate Teams Challenge doesn’t just promote team building; it also provides an opportunity to network with the business community, or to show-up your biggest corporate rivals! So get your team together and then challenge the rest of your workplace and competition to a show of athleticism, guts and glory!

The Kingy Tri Teams Challenge offers 3 divisions to cater to all abilities – the tempta, sprint and Olympic. For those still on their triathlon “L Plates”, the tempta gives your team the chance to “test out the triathlon waters”. The sprint division is for those who are up for a bit more of a challenge but are still not quite ready for the real deal. Lastly, for those who dare, the Olympic offers the most challenging course including a little bit of sweat and anguish… will it all be too much or will your team triumph?

If by some twist of fate your team turns out to be pro triathletes in the making and you win first place, your team will receive a trophy to display in your office along with bragging rights. You will also be invited back to the February 15 event to defend your title.

On Running 5km Fun Run

Running along the picturesque Cudgen Creek, the Fun Run is an opportunity for leisure as well as personal achievement.

While this is considered a social race, for those who do want to take it more seriously, Brisbane’s #1 Marathon Runner and running coach Pat Nispel will be running and offering a free pair of On Running shoes to anyone beating him to the finish line. Participant run times will be recorded and there will be medals awarded to the top 3 women, men and child participants as well as random draw prizes.

The cost for participation is $10 with registration at the Kingscliff Community Hall on Marine Parade opening at 8:30am and closing at 8:55am. The run starts at 9:00am sharp in the Cudgen SLSC car park on Marine Parade.

Both individuals and clubs are welcome.

Fusion Cycles 62km Social Ride

The Social Ride is a chilled out, all abilities ride so participants have the chance to cycle with friends and to enjoy the breathtaking valleys, untouched beaches and green hills. Ability need not be a concern with a no-drop ride supported by two ride leaders from Fusion Cycles as well as a sag vehicle offering support and encouragement along the way.

The cost for participation is $25 which includes a much deserved coffee at the end of the ride as well as food and refreshments along the way from the aid station. Registration opens at 6:30am at the Kingscliff Community Hall on Marine Parade and the ride starts at 7:30am sharp in front of the Community Hall.

Both individuals and clubs are welcome.

Hope to see you there!

Edited by QSMSports1

With only 35 days to go until the Kingy Tri, competitions are filling up quickly so make sure you register soon to avoiding missing out on all the fun!

With several distances ranging from Tempta to the full Olympic distance, there really is something for everyone. If you don’t want to tackle it alone, you can also register as a group or tag team.

And if Triathlon is not your sport of choice, why not enter the 5km Fun Run or the 62km Social Ride on the Saturday?

Also remember if you can't make it to the November 23rd Kingy Tri, the February Tri entries will open online soon!