MTB advice

matto1

Ok with all the topics on MTB I have never taken any notice, some mates are now into some off road tris, thinking it may be good for adding a bit of variety. What do I look for , type best value, don't really want to offload huge amounts on one. Thanks in advance

So much variety and options you'd probably be best checking out a buyers guide.

There's front or full suspension, wheel size etc which various people swear by with mad allegiance.

Much like tris, 2 wheels and knobbly types will do the job.

In my opinion, more with mtb than road, 2nd hand is where you'll get bargains. Once the newest trend or wheel size or group set is replaced the bikes go cheap as... I'm into dh but bought a bike off Gumtree for $500 same as one I bought years ago for $2000 (frame only).. still did the job and was quicker than my abilities. For xc/tri you'll want more comfort/light weight.

You'll get much better value 2nd hand but depending on budget there are always some sweet rides in the lbs's. I'm thinking of doing the same thing and will probably start out with something off Gumtree or rotor burn (good website for bikes and info www.rotorburn.com)

Yep if you haven't done it buy cheap first , giant or trek for under a $1000 low mid level models second hand or buy a new base model for $500 , I bought a low mid level hard tail starting out for $700 and upgrade to XC when I got more into it

Archived