Fitness Buddy

Carfrae Running at Roth

Can't get enough of watching Rinny run. Great form and looks so powerful.

She also great sportswomen. Always encouraging others during the race.

Her run is a thing of beauty to watch.

Goes past Joyce at much higher pace, legs turning at 90rpm, Joyce at 93rpm.

It's not just about Cadence, Cadence, Cadence....in her case it's force generation into the ground and Aerobic Power, Power, Power.

• Like 1

That's how you float for 42.2k in 2:53!!!

Mouth watering proposition if Carfrae & Hauschildt ever went to battle in an IM, particularly KONA.

Is there any other female athlete out there that can match her/them? Cave? Kessler?

I was just sitting in a biomechanics lecture here at Uni. The lecturer stated that "He had never seen the perfect running style in a female." I wasn't sure whether he was being sarcastic or not so I told him to have a look at this video and the other video that FitnessBuddy put up last week with Mel Hauschildt as well. I was pretty happy to see his draw drop. He said he had never seen such good running styles especially in Rinny. Could happily watch her for 42.2km.

One to watch in the coming weeks is one of our female marathon runners at Glasgow. I can't remember her name but she is small, light and has dark hair. She is relatively new to marathon running but have seen her training when I am out running on the Sunshine Coast She just glides over the ground with a rapid cadence and amazes me how fast she is travelling. She works as a vet at Australia Zoo. I think this will be her third marathon and hope she lives up to her promise.

Thanks for that Tyno - now you know why I couldn't remember her name.