Ex-Hasbeen

Tour de France Tipping Competition

OK, with the Tour only 2 weeks away, it's time to start thinking about who you want in your Fantasy Team. Velogames won't open for another week, until the Pro Teams have picked their squads, but you can check out the likely candidates on sites like Steephill. I'll start a mini-league once Velogames opens, and I'll post the details.

Remember, not only are you fighting for the glory of the win for this Tour, but scores will be combined across the 3 Grand Tours for an overall GT winner for the season.

20052011028_zps917c8f20.jpg

Scores so far are

Team Directeur Rank Score Tranny

Rolled Oats Anthony 1 7047 Number20

Patata Patata Patata Donncha 2 6880 Donncha

Flower Power MrFlower 3 6251 MrFlower

From Naut to heros Naut 4 6138 Naut

Chezza`s Champions Stev 5 5971

Hasbeens Heros Hasbeen 6 5735 Ex-Hasbeen

Tim`s Titans TimG 7 5376 TimG

Abby`s Wheelsuckers Abby 8 5375 Abby

Benmatcycles Bulldog 9 5242

PharmTech Uno 10 5111

Gironimo Riddos 11 5100 Riddos

Chico Ciclismo ChicoSombra 12 5040

Hiltz Hacks Hiltz 13 4932 Hiltz

The Descenders Todd 14 4754 Shuffla ??

Tryline Tryline 15 4726 Tryline

Faders Evan 16 4404 Fader

Chargers Alex 17 3974

Pop a wheelie Wardie 18 3964 Wardie

Littlebear Littlebear 19 3800 Little Bear

Team Tally Ho PhatPom 20 3700 FatPom

Downesy`s Domestiques Nick Downes 21 3554 Downesy

Drizzlers Stem 22 3446 Stem

Pedals Plussimo Benjo 23 3415 PeePee

Team RAMROD Rowan 24 3410

Go aussies Tony Rogers 25 3224

Rob`s Rollers Rob B 26 3065

Rapha - Clarkey CC Utd. Clarkey 27 3020 Clarkey

giro d`glute A Lister 28 2782 Miners

No Idea JGF 29 2292 JGF

Hymie`s Hasbeens Chris 30 1937 Hymie

If you see your team above without your name beside it, let me know, as there's still a few that need to be added.

And if you didn't enter the Giro, that's ok, you can still enter the Tour de France, only you'll have to do real well to try to win the overall.

I was doing so well in the giro up until the last 4 stages. Lost 8 places!

I'll be in for the TDF.

Velogames is up and running for the 2014 Tour de France. There may be a few teams yet to finalise their squads, but you are able to change your teams up until just before the start. Same rules as the Giro, in that you can use a budget of 100 points to select your riders.

Our Mini League is "Transitions League", and is number 26233657. Create your team, and then join this league.

Web site is http://www.velogames.com/

As an added incentive, Velogames is offering an overall prize on their website of a 7 day cycling holiday in the Pyranees.

So everybody - GET TO IT.

Looking for redemption after a dismal Giro.

Will try and pick a bit smarter this time. Don't really have any favourites of mine racing the Tour so should be able to pick from the head rather than the heart.

Just to keep a better track of everybody, could you either have your Tranny name as the Directeur Sportif, or post up here the name of your team when you enter. There are still a few I don't know from the Giro.

Thanks, and happy tipping.

I'm in. Went for a completely different type of team this time, with a clear stretegy. Normally I just pick people whose names I recognise and I can afford.. clearly that stategy is not enough to win

A bit off topic, but it serves as a bump of the thread anyway...

I'm thinking about having a few mates around for a BBQ & TDF night. Any idea which nights (preferably Friday's or Saturdays) are likely to be the best viewing? At this stage I'm thinking Stage 8 (Sat 12th) or Stage 14 (Sat 19th) as both look pretty good.

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/tourtracker/

Also, is the time showing on the LHS of the Tour Tracker Stages page the time that the race starts, or the time the SBS telecast starts.

Edited by Go Easy

Just to keep a better track of everybody, could you either have your Tranny name as the Directeur Sportif, or post up here the name of your team when you enter. There are still a few I don't know from the Giro.

Thanks, and happy tipping.

Entered Ex-Hasbeen thanks for organising

I am in.

However, while stuffing around with combinations I have managed to submit 2 teams. I have changed them to the same riders and team name. I tried to remove one of the teams but they seem to be one in the same and both disappear.

I am in.

However, while stuffing around with combinations I have managed to submit 2 teams. I have changed them to the same riders and team name. I tried to remove one of the teams but they seem to be one in the same and both disappear.

Cheating has always been a part of the TdF, so we'll excuse the lame excuse. :)

Don't let the name fool you, Andrews autobus wont be bring up the rear.

Just watch out for the finish scaffolding. :)

A friendly warning to everybody. If you've picked Impey in your team, start thinking about a replacement before Saturday. You can change riders up until the close of entries.

Ratdog's Rascals Team going to have a good race this year. They have been on the good gear all off season.

Team Tally Ho from Moldova are in :)

I've gone for a risky strategy, which will no doubt be re-visited 10 times between now and Fri.

Edited by FatPom

Ratdog's Rascals Team going to have a good race this year. They have been on the good gear all off season.

You didn't have Impey in the team did you?

You'll now find a new column (Start) in your team roster on the Velogames site. It shows whether your rider is still on the roster. With the real teams making their final selections, make sure you take a look between now and race start to make sure all your riders are still racing. Entry deadline (and also deadline for changes) is 12 noon CEST (8pm Brisbane time) this Saturday.

Thanks Ex for organising.

Team "Lance's Juice" (LJ) out of Italy is in... With little to zero knowledge or tactics besides spending all 100 credits.

Hey JGF.

I looked at the table today and they've already got you at 2nd last. Must be a pretty smart server they have behind all this. :)

Team Gironimo looking forward to the lap of France.

Also looking forward to the TdF's actually being back in France (with some cross border trips into Belgium, Italy, Spain etc) and starting with a Prologue like the good old days. Was in London when they had the Grand Depart there and that was OK, but Yorkshire?