trek52

Broken foot :(

So last weekend I chased the kids (my own) and slipped and smashed my foot into a door frame, dislocated 2 toes, put them back and then it was a bit sore.

X-rays confirmed fractured 5 th metatarsal :(

Looks like no 70.3 for me now as running might take a while. Anyone have an my experience with this type of injury ? How long till back on the bike.

I've had a stressie in the 5th. But my training and commitment would be nothing like yours. Moon booted for about 6 odd weeks, but after a couple was swimming and really, riding wasn't too bad, but I did no standing. But a full fracture would probably be another story. I'll swap your foot for my teeth!

It depends where in the 5th MT it is

Some of them heal very well

Some are very slow

Completely different to a stressie.

Do you have an X-ray to show?

I have to got back on Monday and will get the X-ray. It is close to the toe I know that much.

I reckon 4 weeks off is 6kg.

What you eat is the only thing in your control. During nine weeks in a full body brace with a broken back, I didn't put on anything.

• Like 2

Bummer

Maybe get them to wire your jaw shut when you go back on Monday lol

Hope it heals quick

Cheers

Ip

Thanks guys. I just like the food to much. Might do some gym work to keep the head going a bit. Reckon I might be able to ride with a jogger on in a week or so

I have had a broken toe - six weeks off running but was able to cycle OK after two weeks - just cut out wheat and sugar and you'll probably lose weight and not get hungry at all :smile1:

• Like 1

... just cut out wheat and sugar and you'll probably lose weight and not get hungry at all :smile1:

He's allowed dairy? I hope so because he's crying like a little bitch about his broken toe he's going to need some titty milk.

• Like 2

Meow. Very meow!!

Funny, but very meow!

Same injury a few years back, painful but not confirmed broken for 2 weeks (went to different GP and had x-rays). Was put in a cast for only 2 weeks, back into it straight away...so 4 weeks from injury date. If you can get away without a cast do it. A stiff soled well fitting shoe will still allow you to do a bit. Bike shoes should be ok within a week or so. But, if you're not going to get what you want out of the 70.3 I suggest not racing and let it recover and pick another race where you can train correctly as you want and achieve the outcome you want.

I have had a broken toe - six weeks off running but was able to cycle OK after two weeks - just cut out wheat and sugar and you'll probably lose weight and not get hungry at all :smile1:

Agree with AP.

10 days post collarbone surgery I've dropped 1.5kg. Lightest I've ever been since taking up tris. 6 years ago. 5kg lost in 3 months.

Calorie count ! Harder than training but works!

What you eat is the only thing in your control. During nine weeks in a full body brace with a broken back, I didn't put on anything.

You were naked? For 9 weeks?!

XXXX is better than no X

You were naked? For 9 weeks?!

XXXX is better than no X

That's funnier than you could ever know. I couldn't dress myself. A glimpse into the world of the permanently dependent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's funnier than you could ever know. I couldn't dress myself. A glimpse into the world of the permanently dependent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pardon the intrusion

Tortoise you been getting my PM's , been trying to contact you for a few days?

Cheers

Pardon the intrusion

Tortoise you been getting my PM's , been trying to contact you for a few days?

Cheers

How about PM'ing me sometime Rox? ;)