Sign in to follow this  
Cottoneyes

South Yarra Pool

Work is moving from St Kilda Road to Church Street in August. From memory of a nutrition night I went to, there is a pool near the corner of Alexandra Ave and Church street. Anyone know what it is called? Open to the public? Any squads there etc?

thanks

I think that is South Yarra Sports, run at Melbourne High School facilities? 679 Chapel St

South Yarra 25m, 8 lane indoor, heated pool.

Yes, open to public at certain hours - details here: http://www.sysc.com.au/

Edited by Pete

On the subject of alternates, teh Prahran pool is not far away either: http://www.stonnington.vic.gov.au/explore-stonnington/sport-and-recreation/prahran-aquatic-centre/

If you're a keen lap swimmer, the Prahran Aquatic Centre is one of the finest pools in Melbourne. It has a unique cosmopolitan (that's one way of putting it...!) atmosphere and is located just around the corner from Chapel Street.

The centre features a heated outdoor 50 metre pool, toddler's pool (open during the summer months), spacious lawns with shade sails, sundeck to take in the views of the area and a relaxing spa, sauna and steam room.

If you would like to cycle to the centre, bike racks are available for your convenience at the front of the centre and we have lockers to secure your personal items.

Harry's Kiosk has coffee, snacks, sandwiches and cold drinks available.

Quick question for those at South Yarra - what's the go at present?

Haven't been there in a few (since last year) months and brought my gear in this morning to get back into it after work. Website appears to be gone and went at lunch to check on lane availability and appears like it isn't open to the public anymore? Is this the case

Go to Karen Holzer (Dr) there and they have moved out around the corner. Its all changed and the bloke that showed me the way was talking as if it was the school kids only now.

Symo, where is KH? I've been looking for her. Her old places of employment obviously don't like to say where she's gone for commercial reasons.