Sign in to follow this  
hender

What caused this damage.

So I am probably being a bit pedantic but its my baby and Im concerned. Basically I noticed a bit of chain rub on the frame, not a lot of damage but I want to stop future issues... Occuring on the stay just above the rear hanger.

I've run the chain around in all gears (inc cross chaining) and its not rubbing, any ideas what would have caused it?

Chain will slap about when in a small ring/ small cog type scenario when you go over some bumps or rough road.

You can buy chain stay protectors to protect your baby from that.

Available in colours or clear.

im guessing the chain is a bit "higher" when making the change than when its "seated" on the cog , what material is the frame made from ?

ok , I imagine they are very thin material , I would take it to a local shop so they can have a look (hopefully where you got it from is nearby ?)

I will mention it next time I drop by, I believe its cosmetic at this stage. Just wanting to prevent further damage....

Use some school book contact until you get something that will hurt your hip pocket a bit more. 2 or 3 layers will be fine.

Chain will slap about when in a small ring/ small cog type scenario when you go over some bumps or rough road.

You can buy chain stay protectors to protect your baby from that.

Available in colours or clear.

I'm with roxi

Maybe take a link out of the chain length if it's a tad long

Cheers

Ip

Use some school book contact until you get something that will hurt your hip pocket a bit more. 2 or 3 layers will be fine.

Duct tape comes in a wide variety of colours.......

I'm with roxi

Maybe take a link out of the chain length if it's a tad long

Cheers

Ip

The alloy tt bike I bought from Roxii still has the electrical tape on it that it turned up with!

I like the contact idea. Would be nicer on my stars and stripes 'dale' than tape.