Sign in to follow this  
mhvh

Battle on the Border

Trek 52, you in? Anyone else on here doing this? I saw TUV5.0's name on the registered riders list

Sorry mate. I am out my team are going up but I just have been to busy at work to go any good :(

Same mate, work has killed my prep. I'm in but I know I won't keep up with the top 10 on the climbs. Will still be good though

Edited by mhvh

Watched the boys head off this morning down at the coast while I sipped my flat white and munched on Portobello mushrooms.

My work sponsors a team and I get to ride a coffee ride with them (not all are local to Mel). Say hello to the Chartermason Giant Racing Team.

Stephen

Hard racing today. Raining on and off all day, made for some hair raising descents!! Snapped my front derailleur cable and got dropped with about 15ks to go as the speed got into the 50s, lost 5mins to the lead group in the end. Saw TUV5.0 signing on. Will try and have a chat with him tomorrow. Some other dude in Masters A from the Shire too. Seemed like a nice bloke

Saw Bridie O say on Twitter that the women's race got a bit sketchy.

Just conditions?

I would say so. They had a massive split in the field too. The conditions were crazy. Absolutely pissing down then sunny. Seemed to rain just before the mountains every time

Hard racing today. Raining on and off all day, made for some hair raising descents!! Snapped my front derailleur cable and got dropped with about 15ks to go as the speed got into the 50s, lost 5mins to the lead group in the end. Saw TUV5.0 signing on. Will try and have a chat with him tomorrow. Some other dude in Masters A from the Shire too. Seemed like a nice bloke

Good luck tomorrow mhvh, keep at the front in the crit, especially on that course with that many guys..Jump on Jewels wheel for a free ride, LOL...Look out for the Illawarra crew in the crit. Macca finished with the front group, might be a good idea to pair up with him (Morningside kit).

fluro

Thanks mate. That crit will be scary if it rains. Yep 83 riders left after today. Will be hectic with only 30 mins plus 3. Pity your couldn't make it Fluro

Well, had the TT this morning. Some unbelievable times. Interestingly, Courtney Atkinson is racing. I asked and they said it is the triathlete. He only beat me by half a second and I had an average of around 41.6. Needless to say with speeds like that we were very much middle of the Masters A field!!

You are right Chris, MasA is strong this year.

We have BJ currently in 4th in Elite 1

Macca is 1 sec off 10th in Mas A, even after he averaged over 44kph in the TT, he came 12th, 25sec behind the winner

Luke C is sitting in 3rd in Mas B, 14s off GC

Bryn is in 4th in Mas C, 3s off 3rd

Tomorrow will be interesting for BJ and Bryn as they will be having a good crack at podium.

Goodluck tomorrow

fluro

I'm in, racing Mas B with Wray Organics Transcale. Pretty average 1st stage, 300-400m off main bunch and marshal didn't turn 3 of us off the highway at the sugar mill...ended up 2.16 down. TT just over 41km/h ave and mid field. Crit was good pushing last 5 laps and team mate taking the win and sprinters jersey. Strategy now for tomorrow...and it's raining!