Ex-Hasbeen

Giro Tipping Comp

Folks,

Thought I'd set upa seperate thread for the tipping comp, as the details will get lost on the other one as soon as it goes to the next page. Details of the Velogames league are as follows. Entries will close in the early hours of the morning tonight our time, so get in fast.

League Details

League Owner: Hasbeen
Owner Email: Tony.E.Delisser@team.telstra.com
League Name: Trannies
League Code: 08233147

Link to Velogames is http://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2014/

Hopefully we'll get a good turnout. There are currently 13 teams in the league.

I've got an interesting perpetual trophy I think I will put up for the person with the best overall score for the 3 Grand Tours, so get in quick before it's too late.

2 items.

If you've already entered velogames, you can add yourself to a league after tonight, if you've forgotten.

This is the trophy. What is more fitting for the Euro Tours, than a mounted 53t Campag chainring.

20052011028_zps917c8f20.jpg

• Like 1

Rapha - Clarkey CC Utd. is going to walk out with the pink jersey and fist it firmly up the coit of "Downesy's Domestiques" one.. by.. one.

Is the entry option shut, because i can't see the link to the mini leagues?

You have to build your squad first FP. It took me a while to work it out but I'm a numpty.

cheers :)

Is the entry option shut, because i can't see the link to the mini leagues?

Geo-Blocked! No Euros allowed :)

• Like 1

Geo-Blocked! No Euros allowed :)

That'd be unAustralian :lol:

Team Tally Ho from Maldova are in :schnauz:

How come I'm 11th? Do I need to pick a better team?

No, you just need perkier tits :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hold the fort! Why is Downesy now No.1 and I'm pushed to 17? I don't get it and the race hasn't even started yet?

I have fallen off #1 so clearly the system is broken.

Edit: so much excitement and it hasn't even started yet.

Edited by Naut

Hold the fort! Why is Downesy now No.1 and I'm pushed to 17? I don't get it and the race hasn't even started yet?

I'm under you now.

I started this thing. The least they could have done is hold me at number 1 till my team selection starts to let me down.

I would like to change my riders please. Dan just crashed, silly ****.

Did you pick him too? **** **** ****.

I started this thing. The least they could have done is hold me at number 1 till my team selection starts to let me down.

I'd just like to thank the league for coming back into the correct order.

And at 4th in the world (well at least out of the 10,000 plus entered) I'd like to thank OGE for giving me the start I planned. :punk:

Hey Ex I guess you and I will be praying OGE can hold pink for a week at least.

I'm quite happy to declare a final result now. I'm not greedy, very happy to podium. It's all down hill from here.

.It's all down hill from here.

You'll run out of brake pads before you descend to my altitude. :)

Rapha - Clarkey CC Utd. is going to walk out with the pink jersey and fist it firmly up the coit of "Downesy's Domestiques" one.. by.. one.

Wouldn't it be better to use that 53T chainring? I can hear the screaming now.

Despite losing Martin, I'm coming 5th!

6th...sorry Phat...late entry to the league.

Can I just say 1 thing.

Trannies

Team Directeur Rank Score
Hasbeens Heros Hasbeen 1 139
Pedals Plussimo Benjo 2 106
From Naut to heros Naut 3 104
Hymie`s Hasbeens Chris 4 95
Tim`s Titans TimG 5 91
Rob`s Rollers Rob B 6 79
Team Tally Ho PhatPom 7 79
Tryline Tryline 9 70
The Descenders Todd 10 70
Flower Power MrFlower 11 69
Littlebear Littlebear 12 62
Downesy`s Domestiques Nick Downes 13 62
Drizzlers Stem 14 60
Rapha - Clarkey CC Utd. Clarkey 15 60
Gironimo Riddos 16 57
Chico Ciclismo ChicoSombra 17 52
Benmatcycles Bulldog 18 48
Faders Evan 19 44
giro d`glute A Lister 20 43
Hiltz Hacks Hiltz 21 40
Team RAMROD Rowan 22 36
No Idea JGF 23 24
Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

:D Ex-has.....making hay while the sun shines

Meanwhile, I'm a genuine MOP

Your whole team is practically all OGE!?

Patriotic fool aren't I.

Then again, WHO'S WINNING CLARKEY.

Damn fools let Tuft take the win last night too. If they hadn't, I'd be leading the whole damn comp.

• Like 1

Is there a reason why we can't see everyone's teams? I'm curious to see who everyone's selected.

You should be able to. It was hidden until the start last night, but now it's open.

Patriotic fool aren't I.

Then again, WHO'S WINNING CLARKEY.

Damn fools let Tuft take the win last night too. If they hadn't, I'd be leading the whole damn comp.

Their team is three parts the national track pursuit! Who the **** did you think was going to win the TTT. Turbo Durbo's been doing Cootha repeats in training for the mountain stages, watch out!

Are you disabled?

Possibly. I even had to look up "Sharknado". Looks cool, I might watch it tomorrow.

Seriously though, I was doing the team on my phone and was having all sorts of trouble with the drop downs, so basically gave up. I did it at breakfast just before leaving Port and thought I will just fix it when I got home, but alas I forgot. Oh well at least no one else has to worry about coming last.

Hopefully I can redeem myself when TDF comes around. :)

OGE have been saying for 6 months they were going to win this TTT, and they put the team up to do it. It's not just the pursuiters either. Tuft is 8 times canadian ITT champ as well. I figured the way the point scoring works, I should get quite a few points out of them in the first week, cause you get extra points for who's at the front of GC each day, and for a few days it should be these boys.

Cadel, Uran & Quintana are there to pick up the points later in the race.

And Durbo's repeats should see him well for the mountain ITT coming up in stage 19, I hope. I thought at 4 points, he & Meyer were a bargain.

So did all you lot just keep trying combinations of riders until you used up your 100 points?

I picked my 9 riders and it came to 90 points. I should get bonus ranking for keeping a tight budget.

So did all you lot just keep trying combinations of riders until you used up your 100 points?

I thought that was the point. Nailed it!!

I picked my 9 riders and it came to 90 points. I should get bonus ranking for keeping a tight budget.

You should penalised for not utilising all the resources available to you. Bad Downsey LOL

• Like 1

Strategy clarkey. Lots of points to be had if OGE can hold pink and the teams lead through Ireland.

Pedals Plussimo Benjo 1 399 Hasbeens Heros Hasbeen 2 376 The Descenders Todd 3 370 Rob`s Rollers Rob B 4 341 Chico Ciclismo ChicoSombra 5 332 Rapha - Clarkey CC Utd. Clarkey 6 295 Patata Patata Patata Sidamo 7 294 Team Tally Ho PhatPom 8 294 Tryline Tryline 9 292 Team RAMROD Rowan 10 292 From Naut to heros Naut 11 292 Chargers Alex 12 287 Drizzlers Stem 13 271 Tim`s Titans TimG 14 270 Abby`s Wheelsuckers Abby 15 224 No Idea JGF 16 218 Littlebear Littlebear 17 211 Benmatcycles Bulldog 18 192 Hymie`s Hasbeens Chris 19 191 Flower Power MrFlower 20 169 Gironimo Riddos 21 158 Faders Evan 22 152 Downesy`s Domestiques Nick Downes 23 145 Hiltz Hacks Hiltz 24 138 giro d`glute A Lister 25 64

Normal transmission has been resumed.

This is the start of my triple crown attempt of taking the overall for Transitions 2014 Grand Tour Tipping.

What do we reckon, use the velogames daily stage points system for each grand tours final standings and let time sort it out.

Position
1st 150 2nd 120 3rd 100 4th 90 5th 80 6th 70 7th 60 8th 50 9th 40 10th 30 11th 25 12th 20 13th 15 14th 10 15th 5