Sign in to follow this  
downesy68

Hervey Bay 100 - Entries Opening Soon

HBCCircularLogoHerveyBay100-CMYK-page-00

Entries opening Monday 19th May at 9.00am.

Race date for this year is Sunday 23rd November with Hundy Kids and the Have a Crack Tri on Saturday 22nd.

This race has grown enormously in popularity in the last couple of years and we expect to sell out this year.

Early bird prices available until June 30th.

http://hb100.herveybaytriclub.org.au/

Looking forward to this year's event. First timer last year and got to experience first hand why so many people rate the race so highly. Accommodation already booked for the weekend. Pleased the event continues to grow - you guys put together a great weekend and Hervey Bay always a fantastic location to bring the family. See you in November!

Downsey, so your fb page says 'entries filling fast'. Is that the usual spruik, or is it going fast. Don't know if I can enter for a little while yet. What sort of numbers are you expecting to take for this years race?

Entered!

Downsey - I notice that the online entry process asks for your age as of 31 Dec 2013. Should this be 2014? (more usual age category cut-off for summer 2014/15). It doesn't effect my category this year.

Downsey, so your fb page says 'entries filling fast'. Is that the usual spruik, or is it going fast. Don't know if I can enter for a little while yet. What sort of numbers are you expecting to take for this years race?

Definitely filling faster than previous years but you should be good for a while. I've kept the price very similar to last year for the first 6 weeks until June 30th. I expect us to be nearing sell out by then. We had 410 bikes on the road last year, we're allowing for 500 this year so that will equate to 550-600 entries (allowing for teams).

Entered!

Downsey - I notice that the online entry process asks for your age as of 31 Dec 2013. Should this be 2014? (more usual age category cut-off for summer 2014/15). It doesn't effect my category this year.

Thanks Wardy. I copy and paste the entries from previous years and update the dates. Looks like I missed that one. I'll sort it out today. Thanks for entering and we'll see you in November.

• Like 1

My mate and I will probably enter this week before he had overseas for a month. Anyone know what the best accommodation options are within a walk of everything? And do they do the minimum night stay thing, or can you do just 2 nights?

As a guide, I like to sleep in my van, but will usually fork out for a powered site so I can watch movies on my laptop. My mate, he found out accommodation for Kingscliffe at his preferred standard (and he was paying for it with me posting him back) so it cost us $450 for one night! Maybe somewhere in between those, and with a pool, would be good.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If your staying in a van then the Scarness caravan park is adjacent to the transition, so like right next door. We will be using the park this year for some of our stuff even.

Not sure if Downsie has deals with the accom places across the road Ill let him know the post is asking.. He is probably having a lie down cause his wife made him walk home from breaky this morning.

http://www.beachfronttouristparks.com.au/scarness-beachfront-caravan-park.html

ps. Dont need a pool, there is a huge ocean on your doorstep.

Edited by Gaz

Yeah, we won't stay in the park cause my mate likes luxury (and we'll drive up in his car rather than my skanky old van). Hence the pool, he likes and ocean swim followed by a pool laz after a race.

We stayed at Eden by the Bay last year goughy.

Nice rooms and complex.

If you get in early, you could probably get 2 nights.

Has a pool in the complex and is right across from transition.

Thx Tyno! Not a lot available, minimum stays not met, even with 3 nights, or already booked. A few one bedroom units available, I could sleep on the couch.

Found a few and sent them to my mate. He can pick. All pretty close. Wow, stuff is much cheaper up there. Or maybe I'm just used to him liking the high life.

Edited by goughy

Entered.

Sorry Goughy, just saw this post.

Really, anywhere along the Esplanade is close. Even the Marina is only 5km away from transition. Lots of apartment style accommodation and you will definitely be able to find someone that won't sting you for minimum nights.

If you end up with a shortlist let me know and I'll be able to give you an idea of what they're like. We don't have any agreements in place with any providers yet, but The Bay Apartments looked after us very well last year and will again this year. Might be a bit out of your price range but very nice and only a stone's throw from transition.

I sent a list of 4 or 5 close by off to my mate, since he's the one who coughs up initially for the accom. His choice, so I reckon he'll pick 'the bay'. Saying that, we paid the same as two nights there for one night when we went to Kingy!! Sux having rich mates.

HBCCircularLogoHerveyBay100-CMYK-page-00

Entries opening Monday 19th May at 9.00am.

Race date for this year is Sunday 23rd November with Hundy Kids and the Have a Crack Tri on Saturday 22nd.

This race has grown enormously in popularity in the last couple of years and we expect to sell out this year.

Early bird prices available until June 30th.

http://hb100.herveybaytriclub.org.au/

Desperately waiting for this :D