Gunsbuns

WTB - some bees knees wheels for roadie

My roadie needs a facelift and I've decided that the stock fulcrum 7's are the first to get the chop.

Wife doesn't know yet so I need to ensure the surprise doesn't kill her - or more importantly she doesn't kill me - so $800 is about what I think we will both recover from.

Prefer clinchers and lightish (don't know why as I'm 90kg), and can handle 90 kg. A bit aero so 24-50 depth would be good (don't know why as I'm not very aero myself) and carbon is ok as is metal. Good hubs a must (easy rolling is nice) and not too bent please. Newer the better but top condition and well looked after elderly might be ok.

I'm no expert but will run offers past my LBS guy to see what's the bees knees.

I can do a part trade if interested

Saddles, carbon profile design extension bars, Tri shoes unused, treadmill, stepper, gym, even throw in wife if keen (no returns!)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-dura-ace-9000-c24-clincher-wheelset/rp-prod85476?_$ja=tsid:41245%7Ccgn:zanox%7Ckw:1564400&zanpid=1898747932338222080&utm_source=zanoxau&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=generic

Dunno if that worked, LBS. might be able to price match? Dura ace c24's if it didn't work. Nice wheels, pretty close to your price, good hubs.

http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/bracciano-a42.html

Would love to hear people opinions on these wheels, they look to be a good mix of aero, durability and price.

I've got a set of A23's, they are fantastic wheels, super solid, light, fast, very stiff. I have put about 15000km on them so far and they still run true. Weren't even trued last service. Very, very good wheels. I expect the A42 are similar quality.

• Like 1

get some second hand c35s or c50s great wheels for the price.

35 or 50 for the roadie? Upgrade is from Fulcrum7's so both would be better but which to target?

Also what's the difference between the 9000 and the 7900 series?

35 or 50 for the roadie? Upgrade is from Fulcrum7's so both would be better but which to target?

Also what's the difference between the 9000 and the 7900 series?

9000 series is 11 speed

http://www.pro-liteoz.com/store/bracciano-a42.html

Would love to hear people opinions on these wheels, they look to be a good mix of aero, durability and price.

I also have the shallower version of these, the A27 I think, and they are the best value wheels I have bought ($420). I guess the deeper dish A42 would also be top quality and fast.

• Like 1

9000 are totally different they are the new wide shape. The 7900 series are normal profile.

Both awesome strong wheels.

Forget the deep dish stuff get some Fulcrum 1s and be done with it.

• Like 1

Best at this price point in your view?

Fulcrums are nice, however break a spoke and expect it to take a long time and cost a lot! For that reason, I am with Oompa

If you're not going deep profile, then get yourself a set of H Plus Son Archetype rims built with classy hubs.

4 years of training on Fulcrum ones and they are still rolling like new. For that sort of money it's up there with the best for both training and racing.

Wait a few weeks more weeks and be devilish and get the 0's. They are great. Under $1k delivered. Nice.

Riding mate has the zero's and likes them.

I'm thinking :

used fulcrum 1 or 0;

New dura ace 9000 C24 (CRC has them at $873) or

Used ksyrium slr

If u can increase ur budget a little I may be able to let my zipp 404's go

What bike are these going on and what drivetrain are you running?

Cervelo R3 with ultegra 105. 2012

I think I may have scored a pair of 2013 dura ace C24 9000 with conti tyres and cassette for sub $700.

Cervelo R3 with ultegra 105. 2012

I think I may have scored a pair of 2013 dura ace C24 9000 with conti tyres and cassette for sub $700.

how :S

20 secs worth of thinking and probably 2nd hand?

Edited by hiltz