Wardy

Appeal for information in case of hit and run cyclist death

He as near as did get off, while still being found guilty of something.

https://m.thechronicle.com.au/news/guilty-truck-driver-convicted-for-killing-cyclist/3331269/

Jury believed him that he thought he hit a kangaroo and not a cyclist, I guess.

Edited by goughy
  • Sad 2

A truckie pleaded guilty yesterday in sydney for running a red light and killing a pedestrian. Should be out in 18 mths...

5 hours ago, Blacky said:

With the lawyer presenting this as the argument that got him off, I hope the 73 year old is never allowed to drive again.

Rather, Mr Vandongen raised the possibility Mr Osman had not been driving the car at all at the time of the crash, or, if he had been, had been suffering from a medical condition.

"He had no idea he'd been involved in an accident," the lawyer said.

"[Mr Osman] has no memory of being involved".

So what will happen to this @#$% :mad2:

https://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/5529764/police-allege-man-was-driving-in-a-menacing-manner-before-crash/

I hate driving that road.  Despite the fact that the traffic volume on a Sunday would be 1 car every 5 mins tops, there are more cyclist-hating @#$%s per km on that road than on all our other local roads combined. Shame because there is a really good TT loop out there.

I’ve got hold of an ocean ski to play with while I consider my options with my hip. 

Im very new and still swimming a lot :lol: but after nearly 30 years of being harassed by car drivers this morning being “buzzed” by a dolphin was a very pleasant change. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, roxii said:

I’ve got hold of an ocean ski to play with while I consider my options with my hip. 

Im very new and still swimming a lot :lol: but after nearly 30 years of being harassed by car drivers this morning being “buzzed” by a dolphin was a very pleasant change. 

Wait until you get buzzed by a great white

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, roxii said:

You should give the ski away as well and become a Ocean Hunter like me 😂😂😂😂

Think I’m about to sell my bike hasn’t been used for 19 months 

its over rated😂