Oompa Loompa

Experience with Prostate Cancer

GE has gone through the op. He is recovering in hospital and thanks everyone for their well wishes. A pretty tough few months for a great bloke. All the best from us.

FM

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, outdoor and nature

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

GE has gone through the op. He is recovering in hospital and thanks everyone for their well wishes. A pretty tough few months for a great bloke. All the best from us.

FM

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, outdoor and nature

Thanks Mick, yes I'm certainly feeling much better about it all now.  Am still in hospital, but apart from having a few leg issues, feel that I'm well on the road to recovery.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support.

PS - This photo was taken prior to the Surgery (Finish Line of the 2018 King Valley Challenge) not since the Op...  Just in case you were wondering!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

:lol: 

All the best with the recovery mate. 

You prompted me to do something myself. So I got a blood test form from the GP yesterday. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, roxii said:

:lol: 

All the best with the recovery mate. 

You prompted me to do something myself. So I got a blood test form from the GP yesterday. 

Roxii don’t ride your bike for a week before PSA test you can get a false positive 

unless you on an ADAMO saddle 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to this thread I made the effort to get my blood tests done last month. I got the results back today. All good. PSA of 0.7, same as last time. The only issue was a slightly elevated Cholesterol, but to be expected with my atrocious diet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Had some great news from the Docs today.  The Radical Prostatectomy was successful and they think that they got it all with clear margins etc.  The lymph nodes were also clear so that's about as good a result as I could expect so far.

Life really isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

2019 - Prostate Cancer Recovery.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Had some great news from the Docs today.  The Radical Prostatectomy was successful and they think that they got it all with clear margins etc.  The lymph nodes were also clear so that's about as good a result as I could expect so far.

Life really isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

2019 - Prostate Cancer Recovery.jpg

Bloody awesome. Great news

NSF

• Thanks 1

That’s fan-fucking-tactic news mate. 

Good luck with the rest of the recovery mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Notsofast said:

Bloody awesome. Great news

NSF

Thanks mate, your messages and support was invaluable in helping me make the decision to go ahead with it :thumbsup:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyno said:

Compression socks, IM hat.

"Swag" bag.

Bloody triathlete :D

Hahaha...  That Kona Ironman hat is 7 years old and has never been worn as I didn't want to look like an Ironman wanker.  Today I kinda figured that it really didn't matter what I looked like, it was more about just enjoying life and all of the experiences that life throws at you.

Hang Loose! B)

Edited to say that this photo was taken this morning prior to seeing the Doctor and getting the good news...  No point stressing over the things that you can't change anyway!

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 1

Great news mate. Keep dancing in that gear and all the girls will luv ya.

" life is just killing time between workouts. " - Tri-idiot 

• Haha 1