Postage from the USA to Australia

Looking at purchasing a bike off Ebay from the USA....Annandale NJ (Hunterdon County) to be exact

Anyone posted from the USA to Australia before???? I have one quote that was outrageous.....

Anyone know of a cheap postage service. I am no hurry to receive it.

Thanks in advance

I recently got a set of cranks sent to me from Florida which was about $62.50 USD.

USPS is the cheapest I have found.

If you've had stuff sent from the UK before, then no matter what you do, you'll be outraged at the cost from the US. I was quoted $45 for 4 x A4 sheets of stickers last week. Told them to jump.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Postage is always extreme from the US.

It is a pity as there is a really nice Trek Speed Concept 9.9 frame for sale and I want to get it.

USPS quoted me $1034 to send it

You probably won't get cheaper than high $300's, I would expect $450+. Your best bet is to work through a freight forwarding co like MyUSA as they get wholesale rates vs working directly with the likes of USPS/UPS/FedEx

Most of the big companies should have calculators on their websites. Feddx Or DHL better service and should be cheaper than USPS

I order stuff online from the US all the time and always go through a forwarder. Much cheaper and no hassles with providers not sending stuff OS as all local delivery. I used expatexpress.com for a while but they are pretty shonky so bagged them. The shonkiness is good if you really want to reduce the declared value. Switched to myus.com and they are more professional but have an annual fee. I shipped my bike back from the US via them for about $300 I think and Fedex quoted my about $800. When it showed up it had been delivered by FedEx. So go figure..

just got a bike from the states in the last week or so.

Try Bikeflights.com

edit: Oh and remember you have to pay duty and taxes on the purchasing price.

I forgot this bit when buying bike and got stung big time! Was actually cheaper to buy in Aus. :(

Edited by Tryline

Similar to Niseko. Go to uship.com and enter the size of the box, weight and where from to and freight forward companies will bid to get the job. You don't have to accept any bid. Got a bike sent from Indiana to Sydney for US$240.