superboy

Di2, Not changing to big chain ring?

Anyone able to assist here, Di2 not allowing to change from small chain ring to big chain ring?

Simple Gear Adjustment, or job for bike mechanic?

As Trek alluded, charge the battery.

1st it will lock you from the big ring and then eventually it'll do the same at the rear. Let you change in to an easier cog but not a harder.

Ah, I didn't know what sort of warning you got. Not rapid and complete failure. That's good, I can stop charging it on the off chance.

What were you doing in granny gear anyway??????

I thought we were all tough triathletes here. PFFT

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Sorry LK

Beat me to it, why would you go back to mechanical if u have DI2??

Yes charge the battery

And it might need a little adjustment, on the FD

Or abit of both

cheers

Ip

new bike for you!

and I'll offer you 25c in the dollar for your broken old wreck. :-)

Edited by AVAGO
  • Like 1

Shift the rear deraillure the full range up and down a few of times then try the front shifter again. If this doesn't do anything then it might be power to the front switches. Hold the front shift button on and see if there is a battery light, if not then it must be the front deraillure switch cable disconnected. If the battery light goes on then it's the power to the actual deraillure.

Di2 is funny in that is doesnt work or interact the way we think it should.

I had a plug come loose from my front derailleur cable at the shifter end. I couldnt figure out why it wouldnt change yet the derailleur would still trim.

It appears the front derailleur was getting its trim signal via the rear derailluer and brains and not having the front shifter plugged in had no effect on this,, confused me for a while.

Check all the connectors, pull them out and visually inspect them. Reinstall all of them using the tool, not your fingers, it is easy to not push them in far enough!

There are some waterproof plastic casings that should be put around all the joins/plugs and sealed with a lighter that many mechanics neglect to do. If they aren't sealed water/drinks etc can get in and cause corrosion which results in the signal not getting through. Is reccomend everyone with Di2 to make sure it is done. I had 2 different guys do di2 builds and both neglected to do it.

Turn it off and on again.

Learn't that while doing my Masters. Actually it may be all I learn't doing my Masters.