BarryBevan

Cronulla Sharks

8 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Goodbye 2019 season already 😥

It’ll need a bigger comeback than Lazarus.

..... and not Glenn 

36 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

NRL touch-judges have been taking lessons from the Ashes Umpires. Melbourne will be spewing.

It's Melbourne, nobody cares.

Spare a thought for Parkside who will be sitting on the Brookvale hill crying in his beer. At least they're now on the scoreboard.

9 minutes ago, trinube said:

Spare a thought for Parkside who will be sitting on the Brookvale hill crying in his beer. At least they're now on the scoreboard.

That could be his eyes being irritated by the asbestos fibres 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

NRL touch-judges have been taking lessons from the Ashes Umpires.

Melbourne will be spewing.

Melb wouldn’t have won in the last 60sec but his hand never went out and the bunker knew it. 

it should have been called back whilst they were farking around with the scrum. 

Some of the nrl rules are just stupid.  

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Can’t believe Smith allowed that to happen!! 

I doubt he cares. He s made so much money it won’t matter if they win or lose. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I doubt he cares. He s made so much money it won’t matter if they win or lose. 

Some people are that competitive, money doesn't matter.

You probably know a few yourself. They'll spend tens of thousands to win a plastic trophy. Imagine what they'd do to hold a real trophy above their heads in front of 50,000 people.

18 hours ago, Parkside said:

We sucked. Manly were better. They hadn’t read the paper all week saying they couldn’t win. Bashed us.

Eels 58, Bronocs 0.  Nearly makes up for it!

14 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Eels 58, Bronocs 0.  Nearly makes up for it!

Broncos set a new record.

Biggest defeat in a finals match.

11 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

yep, I think I need a new team...

10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

yezh, the broncos made souths look half competent, and souths made cronulla look half competent.

cant believe the broncos did worse then souths..... at least cronulla had hope for half the game.  final 8 is probably three to many. mind you souths were top 4 and utterly useless.

Flano given the go ahead to return to coaching in the NRL, only as an assistant though.  He'd fit nicely next to Morris at the Sharks wouldn't he?:wink3:

Might head to Roosters and sit beside Robinson and watch his son play every week

10 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Flano given the go ahead to return to coaching in the NRL, only as an assistant though.  He'd fit nicely next to Morris at the Sharks wouldn't he?:wink3:

Might head to Roosters and sit beside Robinson and watch his son play every week

guarantee he wont be at cronulla, two weeks back he was in talks with st merge, easts and parra.  st merge is probably the smart pick but i havn't spoken to anyone about this for a fortnight. not a lot of point going to easts other then his son and parra is a long drive.

Greg Norman might get the shits and think there is some trademark infringement with the Sharks now becoming a golf club 

12 minutes ago, roxii said:

Greg Norman might get the shits and think there is some trademark infringement with the Sharks now becoming a golf club 

i know the sus club wouldn't agree to merge but with their history linked to the sharks and spot on train line re getting to kogarah, would have been smarter to go there.  its also the best place to watch the footie in the shire.  the golfie is sort of dumb in my book and not a smart long term take over, the place has struggled for 50 years.

Bronson Xerri gone positive a test for a steroid. 

Wonder if they will play on his injury rehab. He was in getting his shoulder done when I had my hip done in Oct and his test result was from Nov. 

7 minutes ago, roxii said:

Wonder if they will play on his injury rehab. He was in getting his shoulder done when I had my hip done in Oct and his test result was from Nov. 

Lab too busy testing covid cases?

6 Months seems a long time to hold onto that result.

8 minutes ago, roxii said:

If he has a TUE then it should be no issue. If he doesn't, then he should still get something, even if it can be linked.

I wonder how many of them will come back bulked up after what you would have to think was reduced testing regimes due to isolation requirements.

20 minutes ago, roxii said:

More than a roid.  

Cronulla Sharks star Bronson Xerri faces a multi-year ban after testing positive to an illicit drug. The Suspension Notice asserts Xerri returned a positive A-sample for exogenous Testosterone, Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Peter said:

More than a roid.  

Cronulla Sharks star Bronson Xerri faces a multi-year ban after testing positive to an illicit drug. The Suspension Notice asserts Xerri returned a positive A-sample for exogenous Testosterone, Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a,17b-diol. 

What a fool.  And he had the potential to be the next Steve Rogers, I kept commenting last season how much potential he had, he was a try scoring machine. For the sake of maybe not playing for maybe another 6mths, his career is likely over.

You've got to ask the question, was he advised to take that stuff to speed recovery from his shoulder surgery?  And if he was advised by a Sharks official, God help us!  Kiss goodbye to all points this season.

As much as I love RL & the Sharks, damn there is an immense amount of dumbness in the game.

• Like 1

I spent 4 hours listening to Chad Townsends podcast while walking yesterday. Was thinking what a quality bloke and happily looking forward to season restart. Got back to car and this shit show hit the news.

stuff I’ve read/heard/seen

1. he could have the positives for multiples from elevated testosterone, the other 3 are apparently metabolites of test 

2. Listening to the podcast it was interesting how much the NRL players train and get advice from outside their club setup. Having been in the Sharks junior and NRL gym I can’t see why they’d need to. But I know they have psychs, mindset coaches, nutrition advisers and strength coaches, Pilates and recovery centres and sprint coaches outside club setups. Xerri used a sprint coach outside the Sharks and Fox showed him in a singlet from a local gym with apparent bike links and known for getting blokes big very quick....

3. a one line clickbait article mentioned Xerri was target tested after an anonymous Sharks whistle blower reported him. That would have been October last year. Wonder if his name was Josh or Josh and he wanted to play centre. 

4. Gallen’s autobiography was scathing at the conduct of ASADA and the NRL. He would have some noses out of joint which a tinfoil hat would use to explain why it took 6 months and a grandstand date to go public after the player was central in big off season traffic. Sharks are royally screwed now after letting Morris go for cap space to keep Xerri

5. Sharks fans are over the drama. 

6. I’ve got mates and staff working for the Sharks and knowing people in their high performance department I would find it very difficult to believe any of them advised this kid to get on anabolics. Best estimate is that at the 6 week mark post surgery someone outside the club told him to get on it, coincides with off season when there’s no club contact for 6 weeks. Having had the same surgery as Xerri 12 weeks ago I’ve been staggered at how much my whole arm has wasted

Edited by Parkside

5 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Gallen’s autobiography was scathing at the conduct of ASADA and the NRL

A drug cheat blaming the system and not taking any personal responsibility?

How novel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tyno said:

How novel.

Have you read the book to get his side of the story? 

On the other hand I notice someone who may or may not read this forum was quoted in the Herald saying the 6 months timeline may be because they took serial tests to build up a passport style profile of xerri's testosterone levels so 6 months is not unusual.

3 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Have you read the book to get his side of the story? 

That's hilarious mate 🤣

• Like 2

Ok have you had someone read it to you?

Take home: if ASADA had 18 players dead to rights why would they "investigate" for 18 months and then let them off with 3 weeks if the admitted knowingly taking a banned substance unless ASADA didn't want scrutiny in court and wanted the "blackest day" to go away.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Ok have you had someone read it to you?

Take home: if ASADA had 18 players dead to rights why would they "investigate" for 18 months and then let them off with 3 weeks if the players admitted knowingly taking a banned substance unless ASADA didn't want scrutiny in court and wanted the "blackest day" to just go away.

16 hours ago, Tyno said:

How novel.

Just waiting for the day when a drug cheat sues their dealer because they got caught.

Forget the drugs, the guy should be suspended for this.

Sharks training

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Forget the drugs, the guys should be suspended for this.

Sharks training

"Come dressed as your favourite triathlete from the 80's" day?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

"Come dressed as your favourite triathlete from the 80's" day?

Nah. Not floru pink or orange. 

I hear that Rod Cedaro still has a boot full of EB Sportz kit from back in the day.

On 27/05/2020 at 6:33 AM, ComfortablyNumb said:

What a fool.  And he had the potential to be the next Steve Rogers, I kept commenting last season how much potential he had, he was a try scoring machine. For the sake of maybe not playing for maybe another 6mths, his career is likely over.

You've got to ask the question, was he advised to take that stuff to speed recovery from his shoulder surgery?  And if he was advised by a Sharks official, God help us!  Kiss goodbye to all points this season.

As much as I love RL & the Sharks, damn there is an immense amount of dumbness in the game.

Such a stupid, foolish mistake and that will most likely be his career done and dusted. Can he switch to union whilst he's banned?

42 minutes ago, zed said:

Such a stupid, foolish mistake and that will most likely be his career done and dusted. Can he switch to union whilst he's banned?

No. Both are tied up with WADA.

pro wrestling might be a go.

Luke Lewis is worried for his welfare - self-harming etc.  Not surprised, he was such a bright light, must be feeling like shit now.

I guess plenty of teenagers make much much worse decisions however.

1 hour ago, zed said:

Can he switch to union whilst he's banned?

50 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

No. Both are tied up with WADA.

pro wrestling might be a go.

He could try the NFL or even MLB. 

they aren’t linked to wada I believe. 

We have a lot of the ‘one off’, ‘only did it to recover and be with the boys’ type drug cheats in Australia. Lucky we don’t have those real cheats.  

Give him mental health help 

and ban the farker for life !

when will world sports just ban these Drug cheats for life !

i hate all their bullshit excuses you hear 

fark off cheats !

rant over 

3 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Give him mental health help 

and ban the farker for life !

when will world sports just ban these Drug cheats for life !

i hate all their bullshit excuses you hear 

fark off cheats !

rant over 

Agree 100% on the above ........but why give him mental Health help as well.

You reap what you soe!!!! Do thieves etc get mental health help etc etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

He's only a kid He was put in that situation by a system. The system (NRL/Sharks) should make sure it doesn't do any further damage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I haven't been locked up but I think so.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I half agree but his crime is against himself and I guess club .I wouldn’t  want to see him neck himself .

Maybe they should seek it themselves not sure .

But I’m strong on life for any cheat no excuses no supplements!!

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 12:36 AM, IronmanFoz said:

Do thieves etc get mental health help etc etc

Yeah, all the farkin time & we pay for it while they are in the slammer!

And half the turds who find themselves in front of the courts pull the mental health card 🙄

On 29/05/2020 at 7:26 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

He's only a kid He was put in that situation by a system. The system (NRL/Sharks) should make sure it doesn't do any further damage.

Yup, at least he didn't get pissed, roll his car and kill all his mates.  My mates son came awfully close to killing his girlfriend that way this year.

On 28/05/2020 at 5:32 PM, Peter said:

He could try the NFL or even MLB. 

they aren’t linked to wada I believe. 

I think they both are these days.