BarryBevan

Cronulla Sharks

6 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Should have been stripped of the 2016 title

agree

wonder who greenburg has decided needs to win the league this year. We have had manufactured outcomes for the bunnies, sharks, roosters, but Uncle Nick is allowed to not have a cap, or at least a sombrero.

The Eels have sucked for a while

They were sh!t.   Barry Russell didnt go quick enough, his ghost was still in the machine.

The Chad, Ive seen coaches never pick players again for that...disgraceful.  And Gal, happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as he has been a great servant to the game but was disappointing.   Dugan has to end out on the wing too.   We miss the spark that seggie has given us seasons past - just another reason to thank barry russell.

I’m not confident I’m thinking it will be a long year 

My reason is pre 2016 

we were letting try’s in with 3 min to go on either half 😔

the magic year we were actually scoring try’s with 3, min to go 😁

and now it looks like we have gone back to our old ways....😢

but as we always say NEXT YEAR ...

Im not even close to being a Sharks fan, but it broke my heart to see Shaun Johnson get hit with the snipers bullet whilst tearing his hamstring Saturday night against the Ponies. 

Great player and even better bloke.  Hope he returns and returns strongly!

A 2016 GF replay last night - except the Sharkies were fielding a reserve grade team.  Jammed it up the Storm again 😁.

No way that 2nd Storm try would have been awarded when I played for the Bombala Under 12s in the 70's. No control in the grounding at all.

Watched bits of the game on and off, Storm did it tough coming of their line a few times. Tackle 3 inside the 20 and some of their big guys still coming back  

The Cam Smith 40/20.5 kick was so close to the momentum swing they needed at the time  

27 minutes for scomo to deliver another miracle manly 24 sharks 10, maybe sms to greenburg

Edited by BarryBevan

On 19/05/2019 at 5:23 PM, BarryBevan said:

27 minutes for scomo to deliver another miracle manly 24 sharks 10, maybe sms to greenburg

silence for Bob Hawke at Shark Park was the biggest highlight yesterday. The tongues of fire didn;t work from the peter Burns stand as we were woeful. I wonder how much it costs the Sharks to cordon off the empty seats around Scomo.

I'm calling it early - Sharks can't win and may not even make the 8. Sorry Parky...

14 minutes ago, Parkside said:

silence for Bob Hawke at Shark Park was the biggest highlight yesterday. The tongues of fire didn;t work from the peter Burns stand as we were woeful. I wonder how much it costs the Sharks to cordon off the empty seats around Scomo.

think they run home games at a loss anyway. 

would assume now sco mo is back, all presidential style, learnt to hold a beer cup, he has to be good for $40m dollar grant or so.  costello did $9.6m as treasurer in 2006.... 10 - 15 years on, plus being PM.... have to be $40m easy.    (bit poor triple m sydney doing photos of wee spots on sco mo's chino's yesterday - think they have now removed the meme.. probably spilt beer not wee anyway)

I want a decent captains call, the last one a Lib pm did was making phil of greece a newcastle knight or something....  I want $40m, I want payment for the club for the advertising.   

Absolute crap !

we are shit , I just don’t get it they are professional players with a good roster on paper! so farrking frustrating 

we convert 50% of our kicks over the last 3weeks we are 6 points up and in second spot !

Is your half on report for an intentional knee to the broncos guy head? 

Sorry don’t know the names of either player. 

2652DD07-926D-4947-A1F2-12D291151544.png

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

2652DD07-926D-4947-A1F2-12D291151544.png

Someone has to with Gallen on the sideline. :)

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Flanagan - he's very likely to be. Mind you, Lodge is a deserving recipient.

56 minutes ago, trinube said:

Flanagan - he's very likely to be. Mind you, Lodge is a deserving recipient.

100 points, pleads guilty, no suspension, club has let him go so the chooks can win a premiership next year so probably takes some carry over points with him.    fairly clear morris has lost the playing group, guess when you deliberately go with a coach that's cheap, that's a risk.   chad and moylan just staring at the ball to let the donkeys score before half time.   capewell out on the wing ffs, would have thought, just maybe, you put him in the centres if you need him in the backline.  wasnt sure xerri played, only time i saw him was when he was limping.  johnson can catch and pass, can only assume the rookie coach has told him not to run, ever ,as its mind boggling that he never runs, ever.......  and with radios and trainers camping on the field - surely coach morris must go  "breaker, breaker, we have a convoy rubber duckie, tell johnson to run or ill bench him, 10'4 little buddy out"  or something like that, but he cant do that because johnson never runs so he must be under coaches instructions to catch n pass, never to run, as he never gets benched in the first 76 minutes. Seggy was the super sub at shark park again, just for the other team as we let him go, like we have let brailey go, and ramien.  we will probably sign gal for another year.   assume prior and woods got injured as they were both  on the bench for the start of the second half with gal and you'd always start the second half, after a ten minute rest without your starting front rowers.    

it was just muppetville, sack coach morris, give gal some even more coin and let him capt coach to the end of the year - at least he can deck players that don't put in.  sad thing is our player retention and buying has stuffed us for years.   no idea why they have let young flanno go, just muppets, the powers that be seriously cant see what the chooks see, they cant see his win record before coming into this game, they cant see as the chad get older, he goes on holidays when the pressure is on.  same with letting ramien go last year and can you can say all you want about to keep holmes but he was always leaving anyway, he just found a good excuse to walk out a year early.  

today was like losing to a queensland cup side,  it was just crap.  rant over.

3 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Absolute crap !

we are shit , I just don’t get it they are professional players with a good roster on paper! so farrking frustrating 

we convert 50% of our kicks over the last 3weeks we are 6 points up and in second spot !

or if the chad doesnt stuff up three times when the pressure is on, we are six points up.  the chad was also the bloke missing goals all day today so make that 8 points.  knights, raiders, dogs, broncos - 8 points. 

the only sharks having a go are the ones at manly biting swimmers.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

or if the chad doesnt stuff up three times when the pressure is on, we are six points up.  the chad was also the bloke missing goals all day today so make that 8 points.  knights, raiders, dogs, broncos - 8 points. 

the only sharks having a go are the ones at manly biting swimmers.

It was bizzare.  When they threw it around esp down the LHS, it was like a touch footy match, they could bust the Broncos as will.  And then there are other times they just switch off, and let the opposition back into the game like they couldn't care less.

Losing Maloney was a big blow.  He was a sharp-shooter at goal kicking.

We now hold the dubious record of being the only team ever to lose 3 in a row, while scoring more tries than the opposition in each of those games 🤷‍♂️. Regardless of the goal kicking however, they just keep switching on and off at random.

Interesting sitting behind the benches. Lodge goes MMA on Flanagan. Gets benched immediately and as he's walking back along the sideline is copping it from the crowd, stops and unloads a mouthful in return and flips the bird to the crowd.Classy. 

Johnson gets hooked and right in front of us gives Morris the filthiest, prolonged glare as he walks back to the bench. That moment could be the saving of Flanagan. drop Johnson next week and Morris will have totally lost him and we can hopefully move him on and keep Flanagan from going to Easts. I also foresee a welfare break for Moylan, he just looks terrible. 

Easts would have to agree for flanno to stay. It is done and dusted  No idea why they shopped him beyond him being told Johnson is our future but it’s a disgrace, assume it’s the club ridding itself of the family.  Would have to  do whatever enabled cherry evans to walk out on his gold coast thing and can’t see that happening.

Coach Morris is simply out of depth and the players appear to be treating him with absolute contempt. I know we have no money and are effectively paying two coaches already this year, but I’d sack him and pay a third.  

I have St Merge people texting me saying we are making them look good..  that means it bad, real bad. 

1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Easts would have to agree for flanno to stay. It is done and dusted  No idea why they shopped him beyond him being told Johnson is our future but it’s a disgrace, assume it’s the club ridding itself of the family.  Would have to  do whatever enabled cherry evans to walk out on his gold coast thing and can’t see that happening.

Coach Morris is simply out of depth and the players appear to be treating him with absolute contempt. I know we have no money and are effectively paying two coaches already this year, but I’d sack him and pay a third.  

I have St Merge people texting me saying we are making them look good..  that means it bad, real bad. 

Interestingly his Dad was not just in the stands but in a box a few up from us. Kyle was in there after the game and A.Fifita made his way in there also

14 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

100 points, pleads guilty, no suspension, club has let him go so the chooks can win a premiership next year so probably takes some carry over points with him.    fairly clear morris has lost the playing group, guess when you deliberately go with a coach that's cheap, that's a risk.   chad and moylan just staring at the ball to let the donkeys score before half time.   capewell out on the wing ffs, would have thought, just maybe, you put him in the centres if you need him in the backline.  wasnt sure xerri played, only time i saw him was when he was limping.  johnson can catch and pass, can only assume the rookie coach has told him not to run, ever ,as its mind boggling that he never runs, ever.......  and with radios and trainers camping on the field - surely coach morris must go  "breaker, breaker, we have a convoy rubber duckie, tell johnson to run or ill bench him, 10'4 little buddy out"  or something like that, but he cant do that because johnson never runs so he must be under coaches instructions to catch n pass, never to run, as he never gets benched in the first 76 minutes. Seggy was the super sub at shark park again, just for the other team as we let him go, like we have let brailey go, and ramien.  we will probably sign gal for another year.   assume prior and woods got injured as they were both  on the bench for the start of the second half with gal and you'd always start the second half, after a ten minute rest without your starting front rowers.    

it was just muppetville, sack coach morris, give gal some even more coin and let him capt coach to the end of the year - at least he can deck players that don't put in.  sad thing is our player retention and buying has stuffed us for years.   no idea why they have let young flanno go, just muppets, the powers that be seriously cant see what the chooks see, they cant see his win record before coming into this game, they cant see as the chad get older, he goes on holidays when the pressure is on.  same with letting ramien go last year and can you can say all you want about to keep holmes but he was always leaving anyway, he just found a good excuse to walk out a year early.  

today was like losing to a queensland cup side,  it was just crap.  rant over.

Didnt see the game live, just watched the extended highlights, how did they lsoe the game after the third straight Morris try?  They should have skipped out to win by 20+..... that would be frustrating for a Sharks fan to witness

32 minutes ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Didnt see the game live, just watched the extended highlights, how did they lsoe the game after the third straight Morris try?  They should have skipped out to win by 20+..... that would be frustrating for a Sharks fan to witness

Yep, while goal kicking is not getting them across the line, in all honesty they should have beaten the Bulldogs and Broncos by a lot more than a few kicks. 

35 minutes ago, roxii said:

Yep, while goal kicking is not getting them across the line, in all honesty they should have beaten the Bulldogs and Broncos by a lot more than a few kicks. 

especially as this trend has happend 3 games in a row to the Sharks, man being a fan of a team in any sport or code can be cruel sometimes!

6 hours ago, Parkside said:

Interestingly his Dad was not just in the stands but in a box a few up from us. Kyle was in there after the game and A.Fifita made his way in there also

Yep, and I reckon that box wasn’t the chairman’s..... lol. 

Matt lodge should get booed all the way back to a prison cell !

i reckon the sharkies should not sign any more players let their contracts run out spend bugger all then go for one big swoop on all of Melbourne coaching staff and scouts take the farrking lot !! Haha 

then turn out juniors into super stars 😁

You've got to be a very special sort of masochist to be a Sharks follower.

But it beats being a fair-weather supporter of any club...like all those Roosters supports who have magically popped up around my town 👎

Flanno is back next week, pleaded guilty, doesn't miss anything.

Hope the drop chad and play johnson and flanno in the halves and give them free reign rather then coach morris game plan.

I guess the real issue with cronulla is we just got use to winning comps.

2 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

You've got to be a very special sort of masochist to be a Sharks follower.

But it beats being a fair-weather supporter of any club...like all those Roosters supports who have magically popped up around my town 👎

Yes, where is sco mo?  Has he gone back to rugby or the dogs ?  Hasnt been holding schooners and dressing like a shark supporter in my news feeds since the election ?

1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I guess the real issue with cronulla is we just got use to winning comps.

:lol: :lol: 

COMPS

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

4 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Yep, and I reckon that box wasn’t the chairman’s..... lol. 

It was as close to the tunnel as you could get