BarryBevan

Cronulla Sharks

Friend of mine is going out with one of the under 20s guys. She said some are happy with the saga as they are getting a run in the bigger grades.

Had his first run tonight. Think he scored a try. Good on him.

Should actually blow over the PED thing, had a good chuckle when they asked Andrew johns how he dealt with nerves and how he lifted, well did I mention that I too shed lads of amphetamines my whole career and I'm still a legend with a huge contract on tele

CEO open letter states biggest year for membership numbers, revenue from merch and revenue from sponsorships in the club's history. Last game we had 1.8 million dollars worth of players running around against NQld. In a 6.1 million dollar cap league. Keep some players on the field, use the new juniors well. promote John Morris ASAP from a junior devt role. Use 2 or less coaches next season. Only way is Up, Up.

I find the record sponsorship claim a little difficult to believe, given that they were without a major sponsor for the majority of the season

I'll also be curious to see how expenditure compared with years past

I find the record sponsorship claim a little difficult to believe, given that they were without a major sponsor for the majority of the season

I'll also be curious to see how expenditure compared with years past

Ah, Jimbo, just embrace the modern era. I can't wait for next year, they have to go better.

Will be great going to games with a winning culture, very frustrating going to shark park this year and watching losses, especially that one against Canberra and Ricky Stuart at the end of the season. Mind you, I think they posted the crowd that day at 13, and think there was the 67 sharks there, Greg Pearce, me and three others..... It's all in the numbers though....lol

To 2015, a drug free sharks led by flanno, assuming he has no case to answer, with Ennis as captain.

Can't wait.

CEO open letter states biggest year for membership numbers, revenue from merch and revenue from sponsorships in the club's history. Last game we had 1.8 million dollars worth of players running around against NQld. In a 6.1 million dollar cap league. Keep some players on the field, use the new juniors well. promote John Morris ASAP from a junior devt role. Use 2 or less coaches next season. Only way is Up, Up.

1.8m running round, wonder what we were paying not running round ?

2 mid season retirements. 17 blokes out injured suspended or doped for most of the season. On the bright side those young blokes now have half a season of first grade under their belts

2 mid season retirements. 17 blokes out injured suspended or doped for most of the season. On the bright side those young blokes now have half a season of first grade under their belts

2015 - The Year of the Shark.

So unlike the Sharks to show any vision eg release of tyronne peachey

but Valentine Holmes and Jack Bird have great potential

I expect Ennis will make a big difference

I'm putting this weeks housekeeping on them to win the comp in 2015.

Can you imagine the scenes. You thinks Souths supporters are annoying wearing their shitty souvenir T shirts and having their stupid flags still hanging out of their unregistered cars in November-December. When Cronulla wins in '15 it will be Black White and Blue until kickoff the next year.

Merv didn't peachey blow a pec and missing a year? That one didn't hurt as much. Cronulla let Cliff Lyons go after he played 23's for us. That one was bad. And that Beau Scott, he was a weird one, Cronulla released him when he was a very ordinary outside back who dead set couldn't catch. Bennett fashioned him into a back rower and he has kicked on.

Yep, it might be November 14, but I'm thinking beyond 15 already. 15 will be the start of our dynasty, then Cherry Evans comes for 16 and we 2 peat and on it goes with our real estate millions.

What about when they let these guys retire to early or released ...Eion crosson .Trent barrett .corey hughes.darren albert. Gee we have had some major signings game changers even.haha

Every team let's players go who then go onto have great careers. The sharks let beau Scott go, didn't sign Wendell Sailor, let Matt King go when he was a reserve in reserve grade etc. Parramatta, Newcastle, Broncos, and Penrith let significantly more good juniors leave than the other clubs combineddue to their catchment areas.

I don't mind Peachey being let go, as good a year as he had with Penrith he is not big enough to be a long term career player in the back row. I think the biggest mistake the sharks did was let Leicha (u20 nsw hooker) go when he would have been a 10 yr player at 180,000 per year and sign 30yr old Ennis at 500,000 a year. Barba will be good at 5/8 and hopefully Beale etc will get good early ball. The problem the sharks have is gallen is too dominant in calling for the ball and that impacts on the attacking dynamic of the sharks. The sharks need to score more points to win games, with gallen making all those hit ups and over calling they can't score points. Whilst he's on the downhill slide of his career he's still a great player, just needs to change his style in attack so the sharks can score more points.

What about when they let these guys retire to early or released ...Eion crosson .Trent barrett .corey hughes.darren albert. Gee we have had some major signings game changers even.haha

Charlie Saab, Matt Johns, Eric Grothe Jnr, David Trewhella etc.

Stop living in the past like Coach Flanagan and doing press conferences on drugs. That is behind us, Move on, look to the future.

It's November, 6 months out from season start, I think we are specials to win the comp.

Haha cant blame them why would They finish there career in kograh or brighton le gazza or Canberra when they can be in Gods Country lol..Oompa I can feel it 2015 is our year flanno will get them firing again

Gorman Talking selling us - what happened to the real estate to see us through forever....

I do like the idea of an a league franchise at shark park though....

Sydney fc would need to hand our sky blue back though

I put my hand up!  I know nothing about foozball, but I only charge $100 a season.  They knocked back my offer because based on their finances they couldn't afford me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just been de-registered by the NRL

Perhaps he meant 'Flanagan by proxy.  Like last time'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps he meant 'Flanagan by proxy.  Like last time'

That is what I meant.  Got to remember Ex is a Qlder and a bit slow on the uptake 😜

• Haha 3

I suppose.

I couldn't imagine the sharkies affording whatever the next fine would be though. Maybe Melbourne will get that 2nd club sooner than we thought.

11 hours ago, Tyno said:

I think it's only fair to expel the Sharks and remove them from the record books, Lance style.

Shark cull now! From Sydney Park to the Victorian border is Dragon country.

sharkies? Pah! Splitters. Nobody likes a splitter.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Shark cull now! From Sydney Park to the Victorian border is Dragon country.

sharkies? Pah! Splitters. Nobody likes a splitter.

Yep, best penalty would be a forced amalgamation with the Drags, a proper and successful club with a real and honourable history, and spare us all witnessing the indignity of Cronulla's slide to even greater irrelevance.    Call the new entity the St George Dragons, play out of Kogarah and WIN Stadium.

(We might be in need of a big forward shortly 😟)

Didn't the dragons already amalgamate?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goughy said:

Didn't the dragons already amalgamate?

Amalgamation or takeover ............ not sure 😂  Depends if you were a St George or Illawarra Steelers fan probably.

Edited by lawman
  • Like 2

lol @ Illawarra St George's 'real and honourable history'

St George Illawarra Rugby League Football Club Pty. Limited is a proprietary company formed in 1998 with one premiership

Cronulla Sutherland District Rugby League Football Club Limited is a club limited by guarantee formed in 1967 with one Premiership and one AMCO Cup

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Daughter says bollocks to all you Sharkie haters 😆

GeorgieLikeASharkie.jpg

Your daughter is correct

And she has a nice shirt

31 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Daughter says bollocks to all you Sharkie haters 😆

GeorgieLikeASharkie.jpg

Making your child wear that shirt is borderline child abuse, im contacting the authorities!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Making your child wear that shirt is borderline child abuse, im contacting the authorities!

She only had to wait 21yrs from a Premiership - luxury bordering on spoilt.

I had to wait 52!

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just been de-registered by the NRL

Couldn't happen to a nicer prick!

Have the NRL starting the spin saying cronulla need to be cronulla for the first time ever..... allegedly so when they end up in perth it wasn't us. My mail is they are gone from cronulla under a sea of debt at end of 2020, maybe sooner. Mind you, it isnt rocket science,  The NRL just handed em 800k (4+4) fine and the salary cap one is still to come.  Now have to pay flanno out as well as they were the ones emailing him so cant sack him. Thats $2m spent, no sponsors.

At least all this is due to the club self reporting, suspect the other clubs will be racing to the front of the queue to employ Barry Russell.