BarryBevan

Cronulla Sharks

If you haven't seen it, pm your email and when I get home tonight I'll flick it.

Pretty sure he was just making sure his dick was working

Googled it. I guess it falls into the same category as "why does a dog lick its balls?". What on earth was he thinking?

This guy is clearly an idiot and if I was a sponsor I wouldn't want him endorsing my product (unless it was one of those ezyflow urinary stream drugs) but why would I care as a sharks fan? He isn't hurting anyone, just grossing them out.

This guy is clearly an idiot and if I was a sponsor I wouldn't want him endorsing my product (unless it was one of those ezyflow urinary stream drugs) but why would I care as a sharks fan? He isn't hurting anyone, just grossing them out.

We don't have a jersey sponsor..... Lol

I'm not surprised he has done this, I am surprised there is a name for thus behaviour and that it's not that uncommon in certain circles.

Geez I thought I used to make a fool of myself on the drink, I was a rank amateur compared to these geese.

• Like 1

I am surprised there is a name for thus behaviour and that it's not that uncommon in certain circles.

There's a name?

There's a name?

several - apparently it's quite the feat for 'skater' types. I read 'Bubbling' was one of them.

Edited by trinube

Is he trying to avoid a dope test?

Fair to say he has passed the "dope" test,,,,, again!

Speechless

Truly amazing - he makes a complete tool of himself, and now all these brain surgeons hop on the bandwagon and make dicks of themselves... and these pics will live forever somewhere.

Fark I live a sheltered life if this is what guys do when they go out on the drink.

• Like 1

Interesting information now coming to light.

Photo was taken two weeks ago, phones owner apparently lost the phone, Carney already had two warnings, Sharks chasing Benji as they knew Carney wouldnt make it through his contract.

Geez the sharks are going to struggle from here.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/disgraced-star-todd-carney-has-flushed-away-his-nrl-career-after-sharks-terminate-his-contract/story-fndujljl-1226971644225

Whole thing is turning into a train crashing into a circus!

Carney has opened his mouth ( to talk this time)

His manager says the photo was a setup and not "real", kinda like the photo you take in front of the leaning tower of Pisa

Carney says the guys had seen him do it before (WTF)

Carney says HE feels betrayed by the CEO (again WTF)

Some of the players seem to be siding with carney.

Don't know what will help a club already struggling for sponsors but this certainly ain't it.

I was watching Wimbledon last week and they were talking about Naomi Broadey (since been knocked out). I'd never heard of her but apparently she had her LTA funding cut a few years ago over a photo that brought the sport into disrepute. They made such a hullabaloo over how she was the 'bad girl turned good' etc I thought I'd find the offending photo.

When I did find it, I thought 'is that it'?

http://www.evoke.ie/naomi-broady-overcomes-lack-of-lta-funding/

Different sports see things differently I guess.

His manager says the photo was a setup and not "real", kinda like the photo you take in front of the leaning tower of Pisa

It just illustrates that you don't need to be a rocket scientist manage a rugby league player.

Staged or not, it's in the public domain, which means disrepute for his club and death for the contract of a bloke on his last chance.

It just illustrates that you don't need to be a rocket scientist manage a rugby league player.

Staged or not, it's in the public domain, which means disrepute for his club and death for the contract of a bloke on his last chance.

Yet Carney himself says he didn't know there was a camera. Why do you do that sort of setup, if there's no camera?

Excellent point, does the manager get the dough up front when the player signs?

Ultimately doesn't matter how many people hold Carney's hand, if he doesn't think he is an alcoholic no-one can help him.

Aside from being an alcoholic, I think carney is just a genuine degenerate scumbag. He never should have been given a (2nd) lifeline back into the NRL by cronulla in the first place.

• Like 2

Last one out turn out the lights!!

As much as I have some fun with the sharks I have a soft spot for them and dont want to see them implode like this, but bloody hell its going to take some work to come back from this.

Mind you the Bulldogs did, so it will take the same, some good leadership, good strategy and clever marketing....just not sure if they have the personnel to do it or the $$ in reserve to ride it out.

Think he meant leaning tower of pisser?

Mind you the Bulldogs did, so it will take the same, some good leadership, good strategy and clever marketing....just not sure if they have the personnel to do it or the $$ in reserve to ride it out.

It might have to come down to letting go of Gallen et al, try to cut all ties to this period of Sharks life.

Rebuild with some fresh young kids of good repute.

Short term pain of angry locals, but winning games would get most of them back.

Maybe instead of buying the West Tigers squad they should have invested in the players from a team less shit. Manly squad starting to look a little less stable. Hit them.

Will Cronulla seriously be in the comp in 5 years anyway? I hope so (not a fan), but doubt it.

I think it is time to move them to Perth and be called the Perth Sharks. Gives the NRL a new audience and the locals in the Shire can still support them when they play 8-9 games in Sydney.

I think it is time to move them to Perth and be called the Perth Sharks. Gives the NRL a new audience and the locals in the Shire can still support them when they play 8-9 games in Sydney.

Fitzroy still have a big following in Melbourne.

They would get a better following in Perth than they do right now. From memory the former Perth team had an average crowd of somewhere between 10-13k.

The biggest issue they will have now is the ability to lure players to club - will end up having to pay masive overs for everyone, which leaves you with a limited squad with little depth.

So how long for carney to move to Union, would excel, did not hurt Craig gower's wallet after his disgrace. That was only Italian club stuff, would think Todd could name his price

Well there is a club desperate for a Half, has the best reputation in rejuvenating players careers after making bad decisions, particularly when inebriated.

And if the NRL allow it

GOLD COAST TITANS!

I mean I haven't heard of Nate Myles defecating in public for a while, Greg Bird hasn't broken a glass over anyone lately........ And Gold Coast is a rather sleepy low night life place, would could Carney possibly do wrong in Robina?!?!?!

English League.

I read the other day he can't go to England due to visa issues thanks to his colourful past deeds.

I have been on holidays in Vietnam and just caught up on the news.

Is this for real or just a piss - take?

takes a special talent to be sacked from one club for pissing on another person in a pub and sacked from another club for pissing on yourself in a pub.

curious what the bloke will do if he can't play footie.

whatever he does. he should give up the booze.

Existing sponsor paid $100,000 extra to get on the front of the jersey. Smart move, got that much media exposure already

Best of luck Sharkies. They have been at the lower end of the $$$s for as long as I can remember (right back to Tommy Bishop). I hope they can pull themselves up and be a strong force with good financial support. It would be a shame to lose them.

I guess everyone has a soft spot for them and maybe it's something to do with the $$$s. After all, when you talk to people, the Teams they hate the most have the most money (Brisbane, Doggies, Collingwood etc).

Carn.

FM

PS: Go the Doggies.................

Not being a league follower I'd like to ask is this a culture issue throughout the league? In the AFL there are certain clubs with a reputation for being more accepting (if not protective) of indiscretions and others with a "no dickhead" philosophy. As a complete outsider it seems that the majorityof NRL clubs for into the former group.

Ultimately culture is dictated by the lowest level you are willing to accept. I'm sure there are many, many upstanding individuals in league who hate this sort of thing but until as a group they say "no more" and are willing to accept onfield pain to uphold their values nothing changes.

Are RL clubs privately owned?