Trunkz

Power Meter + Watch

You have a power meter – an SRM and PowerControl, measures and displays the usual real time power, cadence, speed, distance, time, heart rate, altitude. So what do you get for run and swim training?

Needs to be: readable (I’m old), simple to operate (I’m old) include every day watch (could be late), work with Training Peaks.

Want: the usual Hr pace distance time

Nice to have: pacer and swim laps even a map

What do you recommend? Are you qualified?

Agree, but with 20 hours life with Gps on, I think you get about a week or so with Gps switched off.

He should really but 2 watches!

Just set it on Swim>Pool (turns off GPS) and have a single screen set for time of the day.

Can't do anything about the look though.

Just set it on Swim>Pool (turns off GPS) and have a single screen set for time of the day.

Can't do anything about the look though.

Yep I've done that when I've had a workout straight from work. Doesn't "look cool" but does the job.

You can turn the gps off in any mode too in the settings

Edited by Esoteric

Fenix 2 looks like the 910x with extras. It will run a lot longer then 910xt as a day to day device too.

It is just released so will be more expensive.

Main downside of the fenix is it can't use ant+ and bluetooth simultaneously, so there is no live tracking, and auto upload isn't as seamless as the garmin 510 for instance.

Fenix 2 looks like the 910x with extras. It will run a lot longer then 910xt as a day to day device too.

It is just released so will be more expensive.

I guess the only difference is the screen. I prefer the look of a bigger screen as I use it as my bike computer as well, but also it looks like it would be easier to read than the Fenix screen., not that my eyesight is dodgy or anything, but it just looks a lot more simple to read. Am I the only person think that way?

Overall though, I actually wonder what they are going to do for the next triathlon orientated watch.

Sorry for the hijack of thread

Yep from Ray's shots the screen looks much harder to read than the 910xt. The font choice seems not as easy to read to me. Someone might correct me here? Only 3 data fields is a bit of a downer too.

I think the sequel to the 910xt will be a killer - perhaps in the next 6-12 months??

I guess the only difference is the screen. I prefer the look of a bigger screen as I use it as my bike computer as well, but also it looks like it would be easier to read than the Fenix screen., not that my eyesight is dodgy or anything, but it just looks a lot more simple to read. Am I the only person think that way?

Overall though, I actually wonder what they are going to do for the next triathlon orientated watch.

Sorry for the hijack of thread

I suspect that the 910xt is slightly easier to read - the fenix white on black would be harder to read in low light/open water etc.

According to DCrainmaker the fenix team and forerunner team (the 910xt team) are separate. I hope there will be a true 910xt successor with a screen similar to the new forerunner watches (very nice coloured screens) and bluetooth.

I think the sequel to the 910xt will be a killer - perhaps in the next 6-12 months??

Not promising, from DCrainmaker: 'So you’re telling me that the Fenix2 isn’t the long-desired Garmin FR910XT replacement?

Correct. Don’t expect another triathlon unit this triathlon season from Garmin.'

Yeah but wasn't there talk that by season he meant the northern summer and there was still the possibility of a watch towards the end of the year? Pre Christmas?

I would say either just before xmas or February-March next year but I'm leaning towards the later just to keep those Americans happy so they can have a new watch for the new season

Edited by alexholbrook

My Fenix 2 has just arrived - any specific questions, let me know.

Scroll to down through this and there's more comparison charts between 910xt, Ambit and Fenix 2 (only Ambit and Fenix 2 can be used as a day-to-day watch).

I'm still exploring things, and have just been wearing it as a normal watch (only arrived yesterday) - first run tomorrow. One side note: I work in multiple timezone, and this is the best watch I've ever had for showing those timezones on one screen!

Yep from Ray's shots the screen looks much harder to read than the 910xt. The font choice seems not as easy to read to me. Someone might correct me here? Only 3 data fields is a bit of a downer too.

Waza,

Just confirmed, it does have four data fields.

Sunnto ambit 2 is what I use, does everything you need. I use as a normal watch but it is a little big but it does actually look like a watch. I am sure the 910 is a very good never had one, more than happy with the suunto