Sign in to follow this  
sebastian01

Adidas Supper Runner: Help me out! :D

Hey triathletes!

I'm part of a contest by Adidas to be selected as a bran ambassador for 2014, we're down to three male finalists.

It would be of great help if you could clikc on the Fb link below and give the picture a big, helpful "Like!"

this takes only a second! :D

https://www.facebook.com/soymaratonista/photos/a.10152221545348232.1073741962.137576833231/10152221545563232/?type=1&permPage=1

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian

Edited by sebastian01

I threw out my sponsored shoes from a brand I won't name on this thread after using them for 6 months. I'm still paying for Physio for my patellar femoral injury.

Net value of sponsorship, about $1000 cash loss, a season effectively canned with race entry down the tube and a six week holiday in Europe where walking stairs nearly had me in tears some days.

I threw out my sponsored shoes from a brand I won't name on this thread after using them for 6 months. I'm still paying for Physio for my patellar femoral injury.

Net value of sponsorship, about $1000 cash loss, a season effectively canned with race entry down the tube and a six week holiday in Europe where walking stairs nearly had me in tears some days.

But you got to tell all your friends you were sponsored, yeah? Surely that's worth $1k in bragging rights.

You should have tee'd up sponsorship with the physio to close the circle. :)

But you got to tell all your friends you were sponsored, yeah? Surely that's worth $1k in bragging rights.

You should have tee'd up sponsorship with the physio to close the circle. :)

LOL. The original sponsorship was not worth the bragging rights. It came with much promise. Much better was the next year when the club sponsored it's two champions itself, free uniform, free entry to the Hills Tri series, free entry and accommodation for Club Champs. A pity that the aforementioned injury has limited my uptake on the club races, I've only done two. :-(

As for he Physio, the sponsorship from Spectrum Healthcare to use the Alter G for my long runs is worth bragging about, both for me and for them. It's kept me running when I might otherwise have thrown in the towel. I'm just waiting for my new club uniform to arrive to add the logos and fulfil my part of the deal.

• Like 1

That suckcs. But out of curiosity, shouldn't you have tried the shoes before being sponsored? Not all shoes work for everyone, am I right?

Yes you are right. It was a sponsorship via our club that was sponsored at the time by a shoe brand. I though I'd get to try on pairs and select what suited, but it didn't work that way.

The promise was for a "pro athlete" level of kit, with shoes, apparel, bag, etc, total value $4000. What I got, in dribs and drabs and about 6 months after the award, was 4 pairs of shoes, 2 run shorts which made me bleed, 2 tees, 2 3/4 tights and a water bottle. Value, I guess I could have bought the lot at Rebel for about $700. It didn't leave the best impression.

Sponsorship needs to be beneficial for both parties, and the contribution needs to be meaningful on both sides.

Yupp, I agree. I can see how you can get carried away with the idea of being sponsored. but it definitely has to work both ways. This Adidas thing is a bit different though, and I train and race with them anyways. :D