nealo

Head to Head - Transition Race Challenges 2014

Is this a challenge for me Joost for race 4 of the Bribie World Cup? Race 1 I just got you by 19 seconds, Race 2 I beat you by 3.58 and Race 3 you smashed me by 6.31.

Yep, we're on! Race 2 I had a calf injury so couldn't run, race 4 is going to be too short on the bike for me to make up time lost in the swim, but I'll try my best!

Sounds fair! An hour it is! A case of beers?

Can I count on you staying away for race 4 at Bribie? May give me a shot at top 5 overall for the series...

Can I count on you staying away for race 4 at Bribie? May give me a shot at top 5 overall for the series...

You sure can, I'll be in NZ taking a carton of beers off Glycogen Lilo.

You sure can, I'll be in NZ taking a carton of beers off Glycogen Lilo.

Awesome thread Nealo!

TGL might need to pass the baton on to me for this wager. He's had about 6hrs collective sleep over the last week with work. I'll still need the hour handicap though! :)

That's how many warning points you have left!

??? I haven't posted since about May - am I in trouble?!!!

I'm going to challenge my other personality. B@W the lazy ass couldn't be stuffed v B@W who trains, eats healthy & keeps going when it starts to hurt.

It's great having a split personality.

• Like 1

Awesome thread Nealo!

TGL might need to pass the baton on to me for this wager. He's had about 6hrs collective sleep over the last week with work. I'll still need the hour handicap though! :)

I'll await TGL's admission of defeat before I take you on!
  • Like 1

I'll await TGL's admission of defeat before I take you on!

Let's change the bet - you vs KAM. She gets my 1hr handicap.

This will make it a better contest (I am seriously rooted before even starting!!!).

You win and you get the beers. She wins and she gets 3kg of Nutella...

And you can take that as an admission of defeat ???

But you vs KAM with a 1hr head start to KAM will be a fair contest if she can not suffer from the GI problems she had at Port Mac.

if she can not suffer from the GI problems she had at Port Mac.

LostKiwi, just drop off a 1 kg 'taster' of nutella pre race and you have this in the bag.....

Looking at the results in your respective age groups 1 hr will be a good challenge.

Turtle, I would be up for the challenge but I am doing Melbourne and finishing will be tough.

Any BOPers doing cairns 70.3? Might need some added motivation post Melbourne.

FYI

Port 2013 70.3 7h

Taupo 2013 70.3 7h

Cairns, well I'm hoping for under 7! I'm doing husky LC this weekend and I'm predicting: 45m swim, 3h ride, 2.15 run. A shade under 6 would be the goal but I'm not factoring in transitions here. Anyone who wants to fight for the wooden spoon at husky feel free to challenge!

Smurfet, I'm doing Melbourne on a wing and a prayer - we could be challenging each other to see who actually finishes.

• Like 2

Even 500g should hold her up for a while...

Righto KAM I know nothing about you expect your faster than Lilo. (And married to him??)

Sounds like a good bet!

You're on!

Righto KAM I know nothing about you expect your faster than Lilo. (And married to him??)

Sounds like a good bet!

You're on!

Nah, I'm just an old woman in the 40-44's and yes we're married! You don't even need to exert yourself, that slab of beer is yours for the taking.......

Nah, I'm just an old woman in the 40-44's and yes we're married! You don't even need to exert yourself, that slab of beer is yours for the taking.......

You don't fool me. Good luck. That's a lot of Nutella!
  • Like 2

So is the Lostkiwi V KAM the only bet that has been paid out?

It's pretty fun ....and a good way to get your Nutella stores up!!!!! :) I'm sure Lostkiwi will want a rematch one day, so we'll have to look out for when we might be at the same race again!

Who's up next?

I think I'm up next. I'm going head to head with mhvh both looking around 2:18 - 2:20 at Mooloolaba.

And Tyno wants a closest to the pin competition with me. I said 2:18:45 and he said 2:38:45 if I remember correctly?

Not sure about competing for Nutella although I did see Brumby's advertising hot cross buns with a gooey Nutella surprise inside :smile1: Happy to do a donation to the winner's charity of choice if that's the way they want to go.

So is the Lostkiwi V KAM the only bet that has been paid out?

It's pretty fun ....and a good way to get your Nutella stores up!!!!! :) I'm sure Lostkiwi will want a rematch one day, so we'll have to look out for when we might be at the same race again!

Who's up next?

Me v Nealo. Port Mac IM.

Beers to the winner. He can even choose one of his fancy pansy beers that nobody else in the whole world has heard of ?

Should be easy for him. He went 11:19 last time out whilst I am fresh off a 12:45 at IMNZ and a DNF before that.

Come on Nealo. You will never get an easier target ???

Turtle, I would be up for the challenge but I am doing Melbourne and finishing will be tough.

Any BOPers doing cairns 70.3? Might need some added motivation post Melbourne.

FYI

Port 2013 70.3 7h

Taupo 2013 70.3 7h

Cairns, well I'm hoping for under 7! I'm doing husky LC this weekend and I'm predicting: 45m swim, 3h ride, 2.15 run. A shade under 6 would be the goal but I'm not factoring in transitions here. Anyone who wants to fight for the wooden spoon at husky feel free to challenge!

Want a target for IMMelb then?

2012 - 16h01m

2013 - 14h25m (short swim)

Catcam - - Happy to add you to the mix :D

Edited by Cape_Horn
  • Like 1

Me v Nealo. Port Mac IM.

Beers to the winner. He can even choose one of his fancy pansy beers that nobody else in the whole world has heard of

Should be easy for him. He went 11:19 last time out whilst I am fresh off a 12:45 at IMNZ and a DNF before that.

Come on Nealo. You will never get an easier target

I know my loyalty should be with you TGL, but you're actually training for this one, so you're previous two should be disregarded. Nealo's training will be limited with everything going on, so I think you need to work out a fair handicap if this challenge were to go ahead....

And Tyno wants a closest to the pin competition with me. I said 2:18:45 and he said 2:38:45 if I remember correctly?

Nice try old man!

2:48:45 for me.

6 pack of hot cross buns seems fair.

I know my loyalty should be with you TGL, but you're actually training for this one, so you're previous two should be disregarded. Nealo's training will be limited with everything going on, so I think you need to work out a fair handicap if this challenge were to go ahead....

Be very very careful nealo. These two have a specialty in entrapment. Before you know it you will be giving TGL a two hour head start or something!!

• Like 1

Be very very careful nealo. These two have a specialty in entrapment. Before you know it you will be giving TGL a two hour head start or something!!

Ha, ha! I didn't know that you were going to go 10:xx rather than sub 10 like you did in your last IM and I didn't know that KAM would do a 50 min PB!

Anyway, happy to make it enticing for Nealo. Tell you what Nealo, seeing as how LK gave an hour head start to KAM, I will do the same for you.

So if you do the same as last year (11:19?) then I will have to go 10:19 to get the beers.

This would be faster than any of the other 12 IMs I have completed since 1996 and I ain't gettin' any younger!

Whaddya say Nealo? Surely you can't turn that down?

Smurfet, I'm doing Melbourne on a wing and a prayer - we could be challenging each other to see who actually finishes.

2012 - 16h01m

What times are you both predicting? This is my first one so I only have my half times to work from.

Nice try old man!

2:48:45 for me.

6 pack of hot cross buns seems fair.

I'm gonna have to trust you that you won't get to the finish line early then pull up short and wait for the exact time to tick over :smartarse:

What times are you both predicting? This is my first one so I only have my half times to work from.

14h±1h

Recent half times would be 6h30m and 6h50m

2012 - 16h01m

14h±1h

Recent half times would be 6h30m and 6h50m

I'd describe myself as a Triathlon Participant at the Tourist end of the scale. Previous 2 IM's were in the 13-14 hour range, and I trained more for them than this year.

I reckon this year I'll be lucky to finish closer to 15, if I finish at all.

Cape Horn, I see you've revised your target time downwards in the roll-call. My estimated time is going up by 30 mins per day until Sunday, which means I still might make cut-off. Looks like I'll be putting my money on you winning this one, unless Smurfet is holding her cards very close to her chest :smile1:

Quack vs Nealo at Kurnell race 4

Should be easy beer for you Nealo

We'll see. I was going to do the full handicaps.

1:16:39 vs 1:16:55

That was a close one.

Ironman Oz

Nealo vs AP ($50 at the bottlo)

Nealo vs TGL (+1hr) (Case of beer)

Normie vs Coach@ (although I suspect that will be Normie vs his shadow as Coach@ won't race)

RunBrettRun vs ashley_s (Girls clothing to be worn @ beer mile)

Husky

Paperman vs Nealo (Paperman owed 3 VB Tallies)

Ironman NZ

KAM vs Lostkiwi (Lostkiwi paid out 3kg of Nutella :lol:)

Mooloolaba

mhvh vs A2K (Who was the winner?)

I also figure I have to go better than 11:23.

Aren't you the king of repeating 10:23?

I am the proud owner of 3 lots of 10:23 finishes.

Sadly, none in the last 3 years ?

My last 3 IMs have yielded a DNF, a 12:45 and a 13hr something.

But if you want to push yourself to go better than 10:23 plus an hour (ie 11:23), then I think that is an EXCELLENT idea ?????

Ironman Oz

Normie vs Coach@ (although I suspect that will be Normie vs his shadow as Coach@ won't race)

Husky

Paperman vs Nealo (Paperman owed 3 VB Tallies)

Ironman NZ

KAM vs Lostkiwi (Lostkiwi paid out 3kg of Nutella :lol:)

Mooloolaba

mhvh vs A2K (Who was the winner?)

I won but we never settled on an actual bet. I also beat Tyno who STILL owes me a half dozen Nigella filled hot cross buns.

I won but we never settled on an actual bet. I also beat Tyno who STILL owes me a half dozen Nigella filled hot cross buns.

You'd think an old bloke like you would be happy that I'm delaying your impending coronary!

anyhoo, easter isn't over yet, I still have time to buy your fix.

Well considering I'm off on a 1 month overseas holiday in 3 days. It'd be nice to have something to eat on the plane :smile1:

• Like 1

Ironman Oz

So we already have a winner in Normie!

Who will be the next?

RBR or Ashley?

Nealo or TGL?

Nealo or AP?

Too bad AP is so light he's going get blown away on the bike.

Ap touched nealo up

Although AP had another steela performance ( hes just like the movie the curious case of benjamin button )just keeps on getting younger he did get by his granddaughter

Cheers

Ip