Sign in to follow this  
QSMSports1

Kingscliff Triathlon - 29&30 March 2014

The Kingscliff Triathlon is situated in one of the most stunning coastlines in Australia. Swim in the safe Cudgen Creek, cycling along the coast line on the flat and fast course and run by the beach in either the Junior, Tempta or Olympic Events.

Run biannually in March and November. November also has the Australian University Championships incorporated into its event program.

Friends, families and spectators are invited to attend and enjoy a great community event with kids, learn to try, sprint and Olympic distance races offering something to everyone.

kt14_junior.gifkt14_bigkids.gifkt13_tempta.gifkt14_individualsprint.gifkt14_individualolympic.gif

Bring the family and friends and enjoy our Saturday events:

62km Social Ride: ride around the majestic tweed.

5km Fun Run: do it for the time, for the personal challenge or do it to enjoy the day with friends.

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN !

For more info, check out our website http://www.kingsclifftri.com.au/ or contact us at office@qsmsports.com or 07 3124 6099.

Edited by QSMSports1

Does this normally sell out? There are about 450 entered so far. Only wondering as I won't know for 100% if I can enter till late next week. If you're getting close to your limit I might chance it and enter regardless.

My mate asked me to ask if this is a fairly flat course? If so, can you add in a little 20% climb somewhere just to piss him off....

This is my favourite race.

Swim is really fast. Once you get to the first buoy you turn and swim with a current. I think I've swum a 17 minute 1500.

Bike is equally as fast. Flat couple of rough sections on the road but nothing of concern. If you get a later wave wind can sometimes make it a little tougher.

Run is really good. Ripper of a hill. Not long but steep. Always renders me to a good shuffle and as syoung says second lap it burns just that little bit extra.

Quality race.

So no one has any idea if this sells out, or how early it does? I'm a bit over a week away from knowing if I can do this or not, but would chance an entry if it sells out a month in advance. The attending list doesn't say if it's only for the od, or if it's for all events. About 500 listed so far...

I wouldn't have thought the March version would sell out until the week prior if at all. It's not a qualifier like the December race.

Ah ok. Didn't know that about the Nov race. That would make a difference.

Sorry Goughy browsed straight over your question. As tortoise says unlikely to sell out. December was the first one I know of selling out and it only did so because it was a qualifier. Wait the week you'll be fine.

Goughy, if you're on Facebook, like their page 'Kingsliff Triathlon' where they give regular updates on entries. They posted yesterday to say entries have picked up a bit and to expect to fill up within a few weeks. They have reduced capacity compared to last race also.

The festival will also include a Long Board Championships apparently.

I should have thought of that aa7! Thanks for the kick in the butt.

Just been trying to enter, but when I try and login, or press the book now button, or contact them via their 'ask a question' link in contacts I get this

Fatal error: Call to a member function setState() on a non-object in /home/qsmsport/public_html/components/com_djtabs/models/tabs.php on line 145

Facebooked them, and contacted qsmsports as well. Been trying since yesterday arvo.

Hey all, sorry we haven't been online for a while...

Entries are still open if you still wish to register!

And yes, liking our Facebook page is probably the best way to keep up to date.

Cheers