Sign in to follow this  
Hevents

Sparke Helmore NBN Triathlon - 21 years and never had a drink

The 21st Sparke Helmore NBN Triathlon is on again 14-16 March. It's been the starting point for most local triathletes and now has a whole swag of events over 3 days.

1. Friday night is the Foreshore5, a groovey 2.5km hot dog course held just near Nobby's Beach. The race gets a good crowd of around 500 runners and makes for a interesting start to the weekend.
  2. Saturday has the ladies up for a Womens Only Tri with an achieveable 300m swim, 10km ride and 3km run. Just after the kids are on stage with the TriJr races for 7-13 years
  3. Sunday is the main day and has an Olympic Distance (1500m swim, 38.5km ride and 10km run), Traditional (500m swim, 22km ride and 5km run) and also an Enticer (500m swim, 10km ride and 5kmrun). The first 2 races have some serious climbs, but the enticer is an flat easy ride.

The atmosphere at this race is good with the event compound, transition area and swim all within 300m. With the lapped bike and run, there is also plenty of action to be seen. And to really make you feel good the event donates around $30k per year to the local medical reserach institute. It's win and win!

Check it out at HE Sparke Tri A3 poster_05.pdf

HE Sparke Tri A3 poster_05.pdf

HE Sparke Tri A3 poster_05.pdf

This is a great race. For all those who say Triathlons were harder back in day, come and give this a go. I doubt there would be a tougher Oly in Oz (if you plan to RACE it) :)

There is a race for everyone, so bring the family for the weekend.

Disclaimer: I am affiliated with the event

Yeah, that hill up into the park is a killer after lap one. Hang on, it's a killer on lap one as well. Good race, it just hasn't fitted into my season for a few years.