Oompa Loompa

Liverpool FC on top of the EPL Ladder

Was totally elated to be up 2 nil then City took control. Coutinho's goal was sent from heaven.

Awesome game. I wish all team sport could replicate that atmosphere. I don't know what it is with soccer at that level, but I constantly find myself standing close to the TV , the art of it, just sucks you in, just absorbs you.

Was in a Melbourne today for meetings, I was sitting in a foyer waiting around 10am and sky news was showing the Hillsborough 96 services. Respect.

Trying to enjoy this run but the closer we get the more the nerves are killing me.

Thanks to Sunderland for grabbing some points off a tired looking Man City this morning, they owed us one from that Beach-Ball bullsh!t a couple of years ago!

never thought i would be cheering for liverpool, anything to stop chelsea and man city winning is a good thing though.

Been waiting for liverpool to fall off the perch but they have played very well all season, hats of to the merseyside reds.

• Like 1

I'm loving this.

Last nights game was painful, way too many players switched off at 2-0 strutting around as if they had won the league. Gerrard siting far too deep, Miglonet poor, Johnson for a player of his experience appaling, Lucas very bad.

Rodgers has a lot of work to do before Chelsea, missed Henderson badly, no idea why at 3-1 we could not play 4 across midfield and play some possesion. More troubling was the absence of any CM midfield in the middle third.

Having said that if Snodgrass is sent as he should have been in the first half we would be looking at an easy stroll

Last nights game was painful, way too many players switched off at 2-0 strutting around as if they had won the league. Gerrard siting far too deep, Miglonet poor, Johnson for a player of his experience appaling, Lucas very bad.

Rodgers has a lot of work to do before Chelsea, missed Henderson badly, no idea why at 3-1 we could not play 4 across midfield and play some possesion. More troubling was the absence of any CM midfield in the middle third.

Having said that if Snodgrass is sent as he should have been in the first half we would be looking at an easy stroll

Miglonet scared me all night.

They will lift for Chelsea, they have too and it is at Anfield. It was sort of the same as the week before at 2 nil, just they were not playing the same class of opposition. Been very lucky two weeks in a row in reality.

Edited by Oompa Loompa

Miglonet scared me all night.

They will lift for Chelsea, they have too and it is at Anfield. It was sort of the same as the week before at 2 nil, just they were not playing the same class of opposition. Been very lucky two weeks in a row in reality.

I've been saying this January that we will win, but our biggest problem when going up against City and Chelsea is we have no where near the depth they have. Hopefully Sturridge will be for next week and Lucas can stay on the bench

Got told the Everton V Man City score during the IM, it wasn't the pump I was hoping for.

Then today, unbelievable, 10 mins of destruction, so sad.

Miracles do happen but not much time.

I am still shattered at this mornings result.

With 15mins to go I went to get ready for work thinking we had it in the bag.

Check the score when it was over and couldn't believe it.

I am still shattered at this mornings result.

With 15mins to go I went to get ready for work thinking we had it in the bag.

Check the score when it was over and couldn't believe it.

Shattered this morning, disbelief.

I drove home from Port, unpack the car, son walks in from school, first thing he says.......

Chelsea was gut wrenching, Palace was our own fault and to an extent stupidity, over confidence, cruising at 3-0, trying to improve the goal difference, but once we shipped the first goal and definitely the second we should have pulled into a nice solid 4-5-1 and protected our three points.

Not us kept on attacking and got done.

I've been on this bus since 78 and seen the highs and lows, this is worse than the final day loss to Arsenal in 89. Anyhow two losses by City and we win it so time to believe, I'm even going to put a cheeky 10 on us to win as I truly believe we will

There is little better in football than to see those clubs so wealthy that they they rule the top few positions in the ladder come to absolute grief at the feet of those whose finances will never let them get there.

What Palace did to Liverpool was a thing of true beauty. It is just a pity that another money hungry club trying to buy championships had to benefit.

Eeeeaaagles!!!

$20 on West Ham to win and Liverpool to win the league as they are both required figure why not get on it and get $1200 back instead of $5.50 straight up for LFC

$20 on West Ham to win and Liverpool to win the league as they are both required figure why not get on it and get $1200 back instead of $5.50 straight up for LFC

Who do you do that through, I only go through the tab and they won't let me multi that combination so I just took Liverpool with some bonus bets I have.

Who do you do that through, I only go through the tab and they won't let me multi that combination so I just took Liverpool with some bonus bets I have.

That was ACTAB

There is little better in football than to see those clubs so wealthy that they they rule the top few positions in the ladder come to absolute grief at the feet of those whose finances will never let them get there.

What Palace did to Liverpool was a thing of true beauty. It is just a pity that another money hungry club trying to buy championships had to benefit.

Eeeeaaagles!!!

I agree lawman - apart from supporting the Eagles, although I do have a soft spot for them as I used to live next to Selhurst Park...you from around there?

I agree lawman - apart from supporting the Eagles, although I do have a soft spot for them as I used to live next to Selhurst Park...you from around there?

No, spent some time with my brother who lived there for a while. Went to Selhurst Park a couple of times in tougher years for the club. Nice to see an Australian doing great things for the club though.

.....and I just see that Pulis was named Manager of the Year by the Managers Assocn.

Edited by lawman

No, spent some time with my brother who lived there for a while. Went to Selhurst Park a couple of times in tougher years for the club. Nice to see an Australian doing great things for the club though.

.....and I just see that Pulis was named Manager of the Year by the Managers Assocn.

Pulis gets Premier League Manager of the year and Rodgers gets overall Manager of the year.

Happy to see Palace stay up.

Watched a few games at Selhurst too back in the day, when Kevin Muscat was running/hacking around for the Eagles. Was while Wimbledon were sharing the ground.

Hate to say it but city will pull away i reckon.

Can't see liverpool in top 3.

i got the above half right last year.

wrong about liverpool though. certainly continued on a big upswing. $64 question this season. have they replaced suarez. i hope super mario plays well for them. if he does top 3 could be on.

arsenal need a striker.

conventional wisdom chelsea and man city top 2.

i also hope united continue to provide some laughs. on that, i was just reading that united pay anderson £80k a week.

So who's going to catch Chelsea this year then? Demolished Swansea on Saturday with man city showing their frailties again. Like the way Southampton are playing under koeman and don't seem to be fading like many thought. Liverpool finally look as though they've got past Suarez going and how falcao is supposedly worth 48m quid beats me.

Great weekend. Chelsea's post-Christmas draw and loss has been matched by a draw and loss for City

The quadruple is very much on. Really looking forward to Wednesday morning now, hopefully Liverpool will put Jones in goal and Gerrard at DM...

Great weekend. Chelsea's post-Christmas draw and loss has been matched by a draw and loss for City

The quadruple is very much on. Really looking forward to Wednesday morning now, hopefully Liverpool will put Jones in goal and Gerrard at DM...

Can't see anyone winning all four and would not want to se it as it would not be good for football. Miglonet will be in goal and Liverpool will be up for this as it is a good chance for a trophy and not CFC top prioritty. Lucas and Henderson in CM

The schedule for the next two weeks has turned out quite well for the Blues

A decent showing on Wednesday morning should make next week's return leg a training run after hosting Brentford next weekend. A couple of good opportunities to rotate the squad and keep everyone fresh for the showdown with Citeh on the 31st

Edited by IronJimbo

So who's going to catch Chelsea this year then? Demolished Swansea on Saturday with man city showing their frailties again. Like the way Southampton are playing under koeman and don't seem to be fading like many thought. Liverpool finally look as though they've got past Suarez going and how falcao is supposedly worth 48m quid beats me.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder there truck!

Costa for Chelsea cost more than all of Swansea (yeah, and I do mean the team and the city :wink3:), we had some key players missing, and manager tried some new things. I wouldn't put beating Swansea as an indicator of how Chelsea perform against the other top teams. What was shown though was the clinical performance of top footballers, and how they can tear through a team which isn't of the same footballing class, even though they're in the same league, but not in the same (dollar-based) league.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder there truck!

Costa for Chelsea cost more than all of Swansea (yeah, and I do mean the team and the city :wink3:), we had some key players missing, and manager tried some new things. I wouldn't put beating Swansea as an indicator of how Chelsea perform against the other top teams. What was shown though was the clinical performance of top footballers, and how they can tear through a team which isn't of the same footballing class, even though they're in the same league, but not in the same (dollar-based) league.

I think alongside Southampton, Swansea would be one of the other pleasant surprises over this season - they've played some really good attacking football. I know money matters but selling your star forward isn't the way to go. Selling Luiz was fantastic business for us but that's when you get offered a ridiculous amount of money for an average (but some times great) player.

Would be good to see spurs go through - bit of a payback opportunity for the result of the other week.

One thing about this mourinho side is that they're playing more exciting football but they're more vulnerable at the same time as per the results against spurs and bradford showed.

Given that the final involves an EPL reschedule and has potential UCL quarter final legs either side of it, I'd like it to be as straightforward as possible

I think alongside Southampton, Swansea would be one of the other pleasant surprises over this season - they've played some really good attacking football. I know money matters but selling your star forward isn't the way to go. Selling Luiz was fantastic business for us but that's when you get offered a ridiculous amount of money for an average (but some times great) player.

Southampton for us on Sunday - should be an interesting encounter to see the real gap between us this season, they're doing great and it's great to see them near the top of the table.

Selling players is one of our main sources of income - apart from the usual tickets and tv, it's the only other source. We're still % owned by the supporters, and there's no billionaire to fund us, so in order to stay viable we have to lose the players who increase in value, so we can then buy more of lesser value to give us a little strength in depth as we're a very small squad in terms of Premier league quality. If we'd kept Bony, we wouldn't have the funds to shore-up our right-back position, or replace Taylor at left-back (who I hope stays). We might have been potent in front of goal (I do like Bony a lot), but our defense would be shaky and we'd hemorrhage more goals, drop down the table and lose him anyway at some point.

The best we can hope for is mid-table/stay in the Premier league - there's just too much of a gulf between us and the top teams in terms of budget. Selling high and buying a few players low is the only strategy open to us unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, here's some figures I found on squad vales: ManU - 472,50 Mil; Chelsea - 443,75 Mil; ManC - 437,35 Mil; S'ton - 156,20 Mil; Swansea - 94,50 Mil; Burnley - 40,75 Mil

Massive game coming up on Saturday night (with the Asian Cup final as a precursor)

Toure and Bony are still in Africa, so the Blues have a very good chance to stretch our lead out to eight points with fifteen games remaining

Leicester go 8 points clear in EPL, a remarkable story (5000-1 shot at start of the season).

Spurs play tomorrow morning to try and stay in touch. Only Leicester or Spurs can now win the title.

Leicester go 8 points clear in EPL, a remarkable story (5000-1 shot at start of the season).

Spurs play tomorrow morning to try and stay in touch. Only Leicester or Spurs can now win the title.

After beating my team 4-0 grrrrrrrrr!

Spurs blow it deluxe. Hope the Foxes win this weekend and wrap it up before they play Everton, then put 6 past Chelsea in the final round.

...we did beat Chelsea 1-0 though to get to 40 points...isn't that right IronJimbo me old mate :wink3:

Champions 'till May

We're champions 'till Maaaaay

Chelsea FC

We're champions 'till May...

Edited by IronJimbo

and i took liverpool to win the epl and champions in seperate bets..... obviously lost on the epl.........cash out is at 9's but i'd prefer to lose then cash out/ bet against so its all or nothing in the morning....have them at 21's to the dollar.....