AP

Tough new Qld police laws in action

How would they know you're really who you say you are? I don't carry any ID when I'm riding.

There are a hundred ways to confirm a persons identity. If someone has committed an offence under any act and you cannot adequately ensure their identity to ensure appropriate enforcement no problem..... an alternative applies. Most people fess up on the back step of the truck with the cuffs on when they realise you are serious.

Id hate to see this happen in this instance however. But telling cops to get ****ed usually doesn't work. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I can imagine A2K cuffed and tossed into the back of the van for having no bell - or maybe tazered to settle him down :shock:

For some strange reason I think this little matter is about to come back to bite QPol in the arse... I usually have a reasonable crystal ball.

Dont have a bell - find that when I'm on bike paths a nice "bike coming, passing right" whilst rolling past at about 15kmh with my fingers in the contact position on the brake hoods just in case works a treat & has done so for the past 20 years. That said, I suppose there IS a case for bells to be fixed for shared path riding, so I could understand if cops were pinging cyclists whilst on those shared paths around Brisbane river, but on public roads? WTF?

AP - I for one do NOT have much sympathy for Qld Police - they are in a middle of a visible policing PR crack down for the otherwise flagging LNP government up there - who seem to have found Joe's Tardis and have gone back to the good old days, pre 1988 ... I suspect the best thing to do is carry around a brown paper bags with some fifties stuffed to 'negotiate' with, just in case you are randomly subjected to some visible policing in the future ...

FFS Andrew you actually get me shit cannning the cops and you still have to bring lefty wanker politics into it?

(BTW you lost the election - everywhere. State and Federal. That's called democracy). Deal with it.

All my love as always mate :) xxxx

This is disgusting and gives real cops who help people a bad name. Every person issued a ticket should go not guilty. I 100% guarantee that every matter would be withdrawn as not being in the public interest.

• Like 1

There are a hundred ways to confirm a persons identity. If someone has committed an offence under any act and you cannot adequately ensure their identity to ensure appropriate enforcement no problem..... an alternative applies. Most people fess up on the back step of the truck with the cuffs on when they realise you are serious.

Id hate to see this happen in this instance however. But telling cops to get ****ed usually doesn't work. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I had more or less the same situation a good few years ago. I had done nothing wrong but was stopped asked for ID and had none on me and refused to give my name. Cop tried to get all tough nut and threatened to 'throw me in the van' and opened the doors, so I started to walk towards the van to get in it and then he threw a wobbler and told me 'not to waste his time', at which point I informed him it was he that was wasting my time and were we going to station or not?

He went off in a huff, I went on my way!

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

I can imagine A2K cuffed and tossed into the back of the van for having no bell - or maybe tazered to settle him down :shock:

I've just added these to my bucket list.

I for one support the brothers and sisters who keep our roads safe. Having a bell also supports the bell makers of Ethiopia

Well i only just got out of lockup, where i have spent the day after beingpulled up this morning on my bike. I simple musinderstanding when the female constable asked to see my bell...so i showed her...

Got maccas for lunch in the clink how good is that!

Well i only just got out of lockup, where i have spent the day after beingpulled up this morning on my bike. I simple musinderstanding when the female constable asked to see my bell...so i showed her...

Got maccas for lunch in the clink how good is that!

They only give you water or OJ with ya meal & no upgrades FFS.

So, I wanted to go for a ride tomorrow morning but got a bit scared after reading this topic. Didn't have time to buy a bell today, but luckily my daughter's bike had one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujsl33a9z89v4r9/Photo%206-12-2013%2020%2020%2039%20%28HDR%29.jpg

Should bike ok I guess, apart from the color!

• Like 1