Sign in to follow this  
Derny Driver

WTB funky retro trispoke or quadspoke wheel

Hi Trannies

Im doing a retro rebuild of a funky prototype 1990 time trial bike. I need a period front wheel, an ancient Corima quad spoke would be perfect, or something like the xtreme pictured below.

if anyone has anything they would like to part with let me know.

I can probably get a Chinese copy and fake sticker it, but will keep looking for a few months for something original before I go there.

xtreme_zps33cdff5d.jpg

I threw that exact front wheel out in NYC rather than bring it home last year. Have the rear on the windtrainer. Bought them from Roxii ages ago with that disc I think you still have. If you want the rear, swap it back for the disc. Now that would look cool on the trainer!

I threw that exact front wheel out in NYC rather than bring it home last year. Have the rear on the windtrainer. Bought them from Roxii ages ago with that disc I think you still have. If you want the rear, swap it back for the disc. Now that would look cool on the trainer!

Wow! I hadn't considered a funky rear as I was thinking the bike really should be running a disc rear. So now I am in 2 minds....

Yes I still have your disc, I will need to drop it back - I bought young DD a track/road ProLite disc earlier this year.

Will talk to you soon mate

Derney,

I have a set of 650 corimas 4 spoke wheels that you might like

Cheers

Horse

Derney,

Cheers

Horse

Hi Horse, I don't think the frame will take 650s. Its a very unusual frame like a Lotus .... pictured below. Mine is not a real Lotus, its a copy. The rear wheel fits into a cowl in the frame and the front fork is specially made (at 700). I don't think 650's will work.

Bummer !! I would love a pair of Corimas! And Im willing to pay a fair price too.

Thank you for the offer :)

Zbike_zpsb98e03da.jpg

Derney,

Cheers

Horse

Ahh but.......I have been thinking of putting a 650 together for the trainer and a bit of fun, but i need a 650 frame, any ideas where I could find one of them? Ive got a group set ect just need wheels and frame

Keep the disc to go on it if you want. Your choice as l only need one or the other for the WT.

Thanks Diamonds, I was going to ask if i could continue the loan so I could put it on this contraption for a while until I find something else suitable.

I have your number in my phone and was going to call you but replying here keeps bumping my post to the top which is good :smile1:

Mr Rox, dem Angels look heavenly :angel::angel: but I have some ancient Cinelli Tempo cowhorns with a couple of old Scott clip ons which I think will look okay. Thanks for your generous offer mate, appreciate it!!

Yeah I had them on my FELT for a while, they were good bars.

Might get a run if I rebuild the softride!

I've got a set of Spinergy's if you are interested. I may know of a set of Specialized Tri spokes from that era as well.

found this in the shed, not sure why it was there, looks ok

yours if you want it.

located in brisbane.

IMG_1379.JPG

I've got a set of Spinergy's if you are interested. I may know of a set of Specialized Tri spokes from that era as well.

Thanks heaps Hymie. Probably pass both them up at this stage. Cheers mate Edited by Derny Driver

yep rear clincher 8/9/10 sp shimano.

soon to be on it's way down south.

with a few more bits for the project.

the proper choices of that era would have been the Zipp 3000 or Specialized/Dupont tri spoke (before HED took the moulds) i think

Edited by latman
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this