Fitness Buddy

Expressions of Interest - Fitness Buddy Recipe Book

Book shall be ready for purchase this week. Just waiting on proof read.

For orders please email me directly - garwoodfitness@yahoo.com.au

Many thanks Fitness Buddy

Looking at expanding into to some new books for those other types!

Gluten Free is one that has had interest - RUNBRETTRUN

Any others let me know

• Like 1

Hi FB, I am definitely in and will send you an email today, but before I do can you confirm the price? I noticed there were a few suggestions, but i didn't see any firm agreement.

Cheers

NSF

Book shall be ready for purchase this week. Just waiting on proof read.

For orders please email me directly - garwoodfitness@yahoo.com.au

Many thanks Fitness Buddy

Looking at expanding into to some new books for those other types!

Gluten Free is one that has had interest - RUNBRETTRUN

Any others let me know

Yes definitely keen on the gf one mate, but we usually find ways to tweak recipes to suit. So will get this first book and see what happens from there.

Just got my book, looks good FB thanks for going to the effort.

Anybody wanting a copy please pm me, i'll beat any prices quoted ;)

I agree, just received mine and it looks great. I will definitely be giving a few of these recipes a go this week.

Thanks again FB

Now you're on the go with this, should you start an new For Sale topic , and maybe ask if it can get pinned or keep bumping it?

Hi all.

Hope those who have received and tried some of the recipes are enjoying them.

Those who replied with interest the book is $15.

To those who have paid check your inbox of the weekend cause as a bonus i will be sending out a pricelist for cheap compressport gear.

Two of my customers so far

Melissa Hauschildt

Chris Legh

Quinoa - health food shop

Coles or woolies in the health food area.

If can swapped for rice but it has more protein and other amino properties.

Thanks FB yeah i did a bit of google and saw the benefits of it so am keen to use that rather than rice.

Can anyone advise where to buy this mystical element titled quinoa from?

If you ask for it, it is pronounced 'keen-wah'. I got the pronunciation wrong and no one had a clue what I wanted!

And it tastes good too! Also try the red and the black versions, both are nuttier in flavour and tend to stay a bit firmer when cooked.

I'm buying quinoa tonite. The recipes appealed to the missus quite a bit - as usual I claimed them as my own invention....

How to cook quinoa.

Should have put this in book

Rinse quinoa well or alternatively soak overnight then rinse.

1 Cup raw quinoa plus 2 cups water. Bring to boil and then cover and simmer for approx 15mins

You can also do quinoa like brown rice, absorption method. I do it in bulk and freeze in meal portions, which also prevents portion creep.

1 measure quinoa: 2 measures cold water (I normally do 2:4 cups) in large saucepan. Bring to boil uncovered. As soon as it bubbles, turn the heat as low as possible, put on the lid and do not touch or open the lid for about 40min. Take a quick peak and if the surface is dimpled, it's done. Fork to fluff up, serve.

Looks like a sequel cookbook is on the cards - 10 recipes featuring a key ingredient or theme.

eg - 10 ways with quinoa, 10 ways with sweet potato/potato, 10 pancakes, 10 porridge options, 10 ways with fruit.

Only making suggestions. But seem to have received some good feedback.

Thanks again all, Train hard, eat well and stay healthy

Just a suggestion but you could include a shopping list split into 'one off' buys like herbs & spices, cinnamon etc.

and the second list could be items you should buy weekly like sweet potato, Greek yogurt etc.

That would be really helpful for planning meals, knowing all the ingredients will be available.

If you ask for it, it is pronounced 'keen-wah'. I got the pronunciation wrong and no one had a clue what I wanted!

Wish I had of read this before going to Coles. Looked like a bit of a fool "Do you have any quinn-oah" young dude looked super confused. Eventually got there with my spelling it out and looking like a clown haha

+1 to crowies idea of assisting with shopping list. Maybe pull together 'a weeks shopping' in addition to staple herbs etc. You know do all the work for people then charge them for being lazy. The appeal of having you whole week planned would be there for people.

Had quinoa for the first time last night - its awesome - went really well in a salad with other vegies.

That and black rice - meal was awesome

Got the book and the list and it looks great. Just a quick tip FB, when using distribution lists on email, it's good courtesy to hide the list. Not an issue for me but others have work addresses etc.

Having said that, I did have a sticky beak at the folks who had bought so far. :smile1:

Hey FB,

Have been away, but keen for one of your books. How do we go about this mate?

Perhaps PM me your account details and I can reply with my address etc

Cheers in advance

Ayto

Tried the energy bars this weekend and they are very nice

IMG_0030.jpg

Cheers Rog.

Which one's are the Meal Replacement or FB Energy Bars

I made a batch and sent for to a member in Sydney for tasting and he (and wife and kids) enjoy them and also said they more filling than powerbars and winners bars and easy to use during training (cycling)

The energy bars. They are pretty good tasting, first batch was a bit mushy but with a bit less apple sauce it came out a bit more firm with a bit of a crunch to it.

They are pretty filling but would imagine a bit on the high calorie side due to the natural sugar in the dried fruit and all the fat in the almonds. Regardless they feel and taste pretty healthy and my pregnant wife really enjoyed them too.

Okay guys book 2 is in well into progress. Not Just Fitness - Gluten Free and Flying

Some questions do you want to use the same format as before or any ideas on a different format.

Basically I can go down the Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Format or the following

10 ways wit quinoa/rice

10 ways with potatoes

10 gluten free energy/protein bars

Gluten free bread recipes

Added bonus - how to make your own gluten free flours,

Current format is good, I'm just waiting to get home to test run it. Incorporating the shopping list into the doc would be excellent.

And personally I'd skip the 10 ways with potato. Empty carbs IMO.