O'Grady Retires

Donncha

As an example how can a criminal barrister successfully cross examine a sexual assault victim and absolutely destroy that person in the witness box to defend the most abhorrent of criminals and their actions, yet then happily go home at night and sing a lullaby to their daughter to put her to sleep before sleeping soundly themselves?

So do you put doctors who operate on criminals in the same boat?? How do you know that they go home 'happily' - unfortunately our legal system allows for even the worst criminals to be defended - and defended to the best of the ability of the person representing him or her.

How does that make them a psycopath?

And when you say ' a lot of them' - how many?? Yes there are some that chucked the cheque in the draw and didn't pay tax. There are also a bunch of cops who took bribes. Your inference is that the majority of them don't pay tax - that is just factually incorrect.

You do write some unfounded absolute crap at times.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's quite possible the longest bow I have seen drawn for a long long time. Quantum leap even.

Not one word about the legalities or the obligations of our 'system', a simple observation of personalities. Selective reading and perception at its best. Like most people.

Impressive.

I might add to my comments, go and do your homework. Ive already made extensive mention of my job.

As for the Barrister thing, if you would care to look whole chambers of barristers came under the gaze of the ATO it was institutionalised. Methinks you protesteth too loudly. How much was your bill?

So does a doctor have to sing a lullaby to the baddie to put him to sleep :) haha...

If you want more examples of sociopaths, psychopaths and ego maniacs that cant accept they have done anything wrong, I think the ICAC might be releasing a report today..... and the depth and breadth of their fraud is far greater than anything LA did... and they will get away with most of it.

No tax bill here - just simple PAYG salaried employee.

and not sure its such a long bow to draw between some of what you write and crap. Other stuff is quite informative.

I don't diagree that there about the chambers thing but there are groups in every walk of life that do the wrong thing - there are groups of doctors who rip off medicare/groups of cops who take bribes .... but your inference that all barristers are in the same boat is simply not true.

I am good friends with some criminal barristers who have represented criminals involved in some of the worst crimes imaginable - if you think they sleep well at night then your wrong. And to lable them psycopaths is just being ridiculous.

Don't make generalisations about things you obviously know nothing about.

No tax bill here - just simple PAYG salaried employee.

and not sure its such a long bow to draw between some of what you write and crap. Other stuff is quite informative.

I don't diagree that there about the chambers thing but there are groups in every walk of life that do the wrong thing - there are groups of doctors who rip off medicare/groups of cops who take bribes .... but your inference that all barristers are in the same boat is simply not true.

I am good friends with some criminal barristers who have represented criminals involved in some of the worst crimes imaginable - if you think they sleep well at night then your wrong. And to lable them psycopaths is just being ridiculous.

Don't make generalisations about things you obviously know nothing about.

Um ah.... you know what I do for a living right? Ive been doing it for over 25 years right? Pretty much all of it operational right? I didn't say 'all' at any stage. I know more about not being able to sleep at night than you might realise.

No worries. Thanks for your input.

BTW I found Andrew Frasers books very interesting...

Not my jurisdiction but his insights into Peter Dupas are very disturbing.

A lot of what he wrote mirrors many of my experiences both with the criminal element and also my colleagues.

Funny how as much as as they pilloried him, they referenced him yesterday in the Supreme Court of Victoria to get another crack at Dupas.

Actually I think they are out at Barwon right now as I write this.

But of course I know nuffin about nuffin. I think you may have um ah miscalculated somewhat.

I like cycling the way I used to like wrestling. It's fun, it's got drama and the athletic performances aren't real. The tour is way more entertaining than neighbours. I accept it fit what it is - one big tourism advert for France, I've always thought the academy awards should have a category for best acor(s), supporting actors in real life. Plenty of cycling nomination.

Time for this puppy to get locked down??

Anything left to say ON THE TOPIC at hand??

I agree. This was the first time I'd clicked on this topic for a quite a few days, I had no idea what I was reading.

On the topic maybe... I have been watching the tour and following cycling since 1983. I watched less of the tour this year than ever before. I'm just over being disappointed by past hero’s.

Stuie O is one of 'em.

I hope I get over it.

Archived