Sign in to follow this  
alexholbrook

Assos vs Rapha bib knicks

Been looking for new knicks lately and wondering how the hell they are priced the way they are, I won't pay more than $80-100 for a pair.

I've ordered the cheap ones from ebay before and they are fine to me, so I've gone back there.

The Rapha ones are good and have lifetime guarantee. I had one replaced after over 12 months of very consistent use because of a manufacturing issue so I have no complaints about their price.

Assos stuff really varies in price. I never paid for the high end stuff but the 160-200 range is very good and will last you a few years. I always wash my cycling gear in one of those washing bags and it helps.

I also own some Giordana stuff which is comfy but not very long lasting. The dhb ones are another level below, a bit uncomfortable and will only last a season. Cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Having said all of that an on sale Bib for $300 where the original rrp was $600 is what I'd call a half of double the price sale.

Having said all of that an on sale Bib for $300 where the original rrp was $600 is what I'd call a half of double the price sale.

Yeh. Ribble have them for $435 with an additional 10% discount available. So sub $400.

I just ordered a Sportful pair for sub $100. I already have a pair and they are nothing special, but they work just fine for me.

At the end of the day, I will probably crash and tear whatever I get.

Get some new kit tonight?

Yep the red and black one. The fusion shop kit is awesome. Has a road map of Brisbane imposed as the background. Very unique and cool.

I'm now scared of going into fusion incase all the talk on here (and pictures elsewhere) sees me walking out with a p5

Jeeze, I don't spend this much on a bike. Couldn't possibly drop it on a pair of pants!

My mate does though..... his wife even gifted him his first assos stuff for his birthday last year!!! He also dropped 600+ on a custom sleeved tri suit!!

Assos stuff really varies in price. I never paid for the high end stuff but the 160-200 range is very good and will last you a few years. I always wash my cycling gear in one of those washing bags and it helps.

I also own some Giordana stuff which is comfy but not very long lasting. The dhb ones are another level below, a bit uncomfortable and will only last a season. Cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Agree with this.

In my experience, buying cheaper knicks is a bit of a false economy, as I've found the Assos kit (Uno/Mille range) lasts longer than the cheaper stuff I've used in the past. Assos is on sale regularly enough, so at the end of the day, there's probably not a whole lot in it price wise, it's much better fitting (for me) & as a result, I get the benefit of being more comfortable. Well worth the extra cost up front IMO.

• Like 1

I'm now scared of going into fusion incase all the talk on here (and pictures elsewhere) sees me walking out with a p5

Yep you will come out with 2. One for the Photographer.

I need a new pair of bibs. Where's the best place to get Assos stuff these days?

I have asso, rapha, attaquer & Giordana knicks

all in the staple colour black

the Giordana are the business and get worn the most

My mate had a look at some assos gear that a local shop got in for him to try out. $1100 later he was showing me the winter bib longs and jacket he bought!

I think that's more than I've spent on all my cycling and tri gear since I started this crazy ride...

I used to worship at the church of Assos until I discovered Alé. Now I can never go back.

I really rate Assos for craftsmanship and love their winter vests, jackets and vests but the chamois in the knicks feels so chunky it feels like I'm wearing a diaper.

My mate had a look at some assos gear that a local shop got in for him to try out. $1100 later he was showing me the winter bib longs and jacket he bought!

I think that's more than I've spent on all my cycling and tri gear since I started this crazy ride...

I'm sure goeasy said his bike cost less than that?

That's because I pissed on said bike when I was younger (before he got it), fitter and way faster :P jokes. I didn't pee on it.

It was quite literally the town bike of Wagga ;):lol: nothing quite like 8 speed grip shift to get the juices flowing.

All 3 of my bikes combined cost me less than the pants!