Plodder

Is Froome Clean ??

Is Froome Clean ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Froome Clean ?

what i dont like is the acting afterwards.. he looked pretty good crossing the line, in fact really good, unlike other guys visibly shattered reaching the line.

then this collapse and take oxygen afterwards,, and shakey at the podium.. FFS! why pretend After the fact!? he doesnt even do a good job at it. I bet brailsford

was having kittens everytime froome launched on ventoux. he was in his ear piece enough - love to have been privy to that conversation.

what i dont like is the acting afterwards.. he looked pretty good crossing the line, in fact really good, unlike other guys visibly shattered reaching the line.then this collapse and take oxygen afterwards,, and shakey at the podium..

Not sure about the oxygen taking - he most likely really needed that even after looking good at the finish. Kind of like when you watch someone run down the IM finish smiling and high five'ing everyone, only to be in the med tent taking fluids five minutes later.

That said, i did say to my wife that his expressions on stage during the presentation appeared forced/fake.

I'm waiting for ratties opinion before I make my mind up ;)

I can't make my mind up on Froome. My opinion changes daily.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest something isn't right... including the smell test.

The problem is... nobody knows what a genuine baseline is, because the cheats have skewed reality so much.

His history doesn't suggest that what we are seeing is real.

If you take into account the effects of altitude on w/kg... he is putting out some spectacular numbers, no matter how you look at it.

• Like 2

I said last night I hope it's legit.

The way he took off, not just once, was pretty incredible.

The hurt he's putting on blokes who definitely have doped, and would still retain some benefit from that, is incredible.

I want to believe, but it's tough.

There are a couple of others I wouldn't expect to be sitting in the top 10 as well.

It's very hard not to be cynical.

That said I am not sure the tiredness is faked. Even cheating that would have been tough, the cheating just makes it faster.

I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

• Like 5

I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles.

I get it.

:lol:

• Like 1

Guest C.C

Where's Hilly whilst all this is going on? Surely he must have trained with Froome at some stage and would vouch for him being "clean as a whistle"....

BTW, you are all haters! :D

• Like 1

Hilly is in Europe with his kiwi squad.

I am still to see Froome smile. It's like he knows he will test positive eventually. Be it this year or in 5yrs time when they re-test his samples.

But as per Tyno's comments, this looks bad.

MONT VENTOUX (last 15.65 km [from St. Esteve], 8.74 %, 1368 m)

----TOP 50 LIST

-1. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 48:33 | 2002
-2. Chris Froome _________ GBR | 48:35 | 2013
-3. Andy Schleck _________ LUX | 48.57 | 2009
-4. Alberto Contador _____ ESP | 48:57 | 2009
-5. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:00 | 2009
-6. Marco Pantani ________ ITA | 49:01 | 2000
-7. Lance Armstrong ______ USA | 49:01 | 2000
-8. Frank Schleck ________ LUX | 49:02 | 2009

Are we to believe that Froome is a mere 2 seconds slower than Armstrong was when he was doping. (Now admitted to doping) ??

I voted The Jury is still out

But time will tell. The question is, how many clean riders dreams is he killing? And What about Porte? If Froome is, so is Porte.

Are we to believe that Froome is a mere 2 seconds slower than Armstrong was when he was doping. (Now admitted to doping) ??

How many in that top 10 have subsequently been outed for doping at some point?

Is Cory Monteith clean? Hey Whitney Houston is coming up to her third anniversary of being drug and alcohol free!

• Like 1

One reason why time (alone) on a climb can't be taken as much proof.

Greg Henderson @Greghenderson1 14h

Tailwind up the whole climb helped my watts per kilo guys so don't go getting too impressed by my time up Ventoux.

With a good tail wind you'd expect a fast time.
However, a comparison to his peers who raced on the same course at the same time in the same conditions would be a better gauge..

Still chalk and cheese mind you.