portfox

Adamo Users

Just updated the saddle to the adamo racing 2, question, does it take a few rides to settle in? I'm on my sit bones and off the nerve that was causing it to go sore which is good, but it can rub a bit. mmm might be the knicks, they are donkeys old.

Took me longer than expected to get use to it. If I recall maybe 4 weeks until absolute comfort, 3 rides a week. Got better after 2 weeks but I was still questioning it at times. Now (like 2 months later) I love it. I have the Prologue.

It did rub a bit for me at first. I adjusted the saddle nose by tieing it with a zip tie which pulled the nose in. This is commonly done by the internet peoples. Google will show you images but not at all complicated.

Takes a little while for the sit bones to adjust. If you are getting rubbing or chafing inside thigh or elsewhere play around with narrowing the prongs with a good strong cable tie, gently squeeze the 2 sides together while tightening the cable tie around the front of the rails.

I found that it rubbed a bit at first too and wondered whether the nose was too wide. I suspect I was sitting a bit further back on the saddle than it was designed for. I did tweak the position over the first few weeks. IIRC the instructions were to use the rails as a guide with the initial set up and to make sure that they are horizontal as a starting point. That worked for me. Tilting the nose of the saddle up might seem like the correct thing to do to get the surface of the saddle horizontal but it's not, and doing so will likely cause rubbing of thighs against the outside of the forward prongs. It might be worth tweaking the saddle angle a bit before resorting to tying the prongs together.

I've been using mine for 18 months now without any problems. I love it. It took me 2-3 weeks to get really comfortable on it.

Funny thing for me is that is seems way more comfortable with my tri shorts (which have almost no chamois), than with a proper set of Knicks on.

I use mine on my track bike - my pursuit/TT position is very aggressive and it allows me to tilt the pelvis without hindering my ability to reproduce. It took a couple of sessions and lowering the saddle by 3 mm to get it right, but I certainly had a good result. Then when I swap the aerobars out for my sprint bars the position is the same as I sit back on the saddle.

Edited by blair

You need to play with the tilt on in, I have been on them for 3 months now and it took the specalized BG fit to get it right. Now it is where it should be I dont even need the cable ties.

I'm almost convinced that the real benefit of these saddles isn't realised when you have thick padding in your knicks. The thick padding negates the benefit accrued by the gap at the nose of the saddle. I have raced in Speedos on these saddles and it feels better then than when I have a thick layer of padding there in training. Not sure how it would go over 180 km.

Thanks guys, its only been a week, so we shall give it a little more time. Pretty much wanted to know that was the case, it does feel better than my single nose saddle, way less pressure. I'll give the tri duds a go and see what happens there.

As for the postion, there is only one sweet spot from what i can work out, hang the lads over the front.

Edited by portfox

Have to agree about the less padding. I use the V flow on my tt bike and have no problems wearing tri shorts for 180 km.

Make sure you adjust your seat height and tilt as per instructions. The saddles do take some time to ear in but then are super comfy.

I found that when they are right they instantly feel awesome. If they don't I would play around

I think the Adama is a bit different because your sit bones have to adapt to bearing 50% of the load each from the 33% they are used to. I think it takes about 8 hours in the saddle to toughen them up. Awesome saddle IMO.

I also found that you may have to lower the height compared to single nose saddles

I have got some cable ties and actually cable tied the nose of the saddle a little closer together. Has made a huge difference to the rubbing without dramatically changing the saddle.

I have also found the saddle a lot more comfortable with less padding in the knicks.

If you want to pull the rails together & reduce the width in the nose a stainless steel hose clamp from bunnings does the trick.

A mate who's a plumber saw the cable tie solution & recommended it, works well.

Road for 3.5hrs on it on sunday using the zip tie, way better. Still need a bit of time to break it in