DesertBoots

Power2max Powermeter

Just bought a Power2max PM from the Aust/New Zealand distributor, cost under a grand took 4 days to be delivered (1/2 day and pretty easy to install) and I've been using it for a week now.

The PM is excellent although I have only used it half a dozen times.

I wanted to get crank based pm and only looked seriously at this one after the good review it got from DC Rainmaker.

the guys at http://www.bikecycle.co.nz/ were fantastic, called them around 3 times checking various things out then emailed around 3/4 times etc no problems, really know thier stuff.

Now I have the first loads of data in training peaks and reading Coggin's book to interpret it.....interesting stuff....makes you think about your riding.

will post back after a couple of months on how it performs over time.

I have had mine Since November and I also bought it from them after chatting with them at the Expo when the worlds were on. I havent been able to fault it. Works as it should and the data it gives is excellent. Going to use it to pace myself this weekend in Cairns.

All the prices are above 1100$ how did you get it under 1k?

In fact any option with cranks is 1500-2300$ and that's without chain rings. That's on pat with the Quarq so not very competitively priced IMO

All the prices are above 1100$ how did you get it under 1k?

In fact any option with cranks is 1500-2300$ and that's without chain rings. That's on pat with the Quarq so not very competitively priced IMO

Prices are in NZD which is not much AUD

I bought one last month from NZ.

$1220 AUD for Rotor 3DF cranks and a Rotor BSA BB.

yep good plug for good service....no other reason.

cost was NZ$1086 which equals AUD$908 free postage

No intention to compete with quarq just highlighting a good deal as far as I am concerned if other Trannies are interested

yep good plug for good service....no other reason.

cost was NZ$1086 which equals AUD$908 free postage

No intention to compete with quarq just highlighting a good deal as far as I am concerned if other Trannies are interested

What did u get for that price?

Can one just buy the PM bit and install to existing cranks?

U can buy it solo. But it only fits certain cranks. Easy to install. U need a vice (the hardware shop type ).

U can buy it solo. But it only fits certain cranks. Easy to install. U need a vice (the hardware shop type ).

You also need a special tool to mount into the cranks. If you set it up with rotor cranks and have compatible bottom bracket all you need is an 8mm allen key and the tool used to remove Shimano cassettes from your wheels and you can move it from one bike to the other in less then 5 mins.

• Like 1

You also need a special tool to mount into the cranks. If you set it up with rotor cranks and have compatible bottom bracket all you need is an 8mm allen key and the tool used to remove Shimano cassettes from your wheels and you can move it from one bike to the other in less then 5 mins.

Is there a list of compatible brackets? I would like the ability to move it between my Giant road bike and Cervelo P2.

Just call them. Pretty helpful if you get Craig S.

They have their flaws. Temp drift etc. but at the price they are a good low maintenance model. (Alex S will disagree;) but their firmware update addressed some issues.

They are not SRM. But my Subaru isn't a Merc either.

I

Edited by Mjainoz

Is there a list of compatible brackets? I would like the ability to move it between my Giant road bike and Cervelo P2.

You might need to buy 2 x bottom brackets to suit the BB30 Axel of the crankset. About 50-60$ each. I am not sure what each of those bikes run. I know that Giant run a pressfit 86 bottom bracket so that may be a little stumbling block but I am pretty sure Rotor now make one that suits.

Go to bikepedia.com and they will outline what bottom brackets your bike needs. Alternatively you can email Bikecycle and tell them what you have and get the downlow direct from the horses mouth.

Just call them. Pretty helpful if you get Craig S.

They have their flaws. Temp drift etc. but at the price they are a good low maintenance model. (Alex S will disagree;) but their firmware update addressed some issues.

They are not SRM. But my Subaru isn't a Merc either.

I

The temp diff drama has been addressed. Observations from what I have read on here alone seem to be that people stuff round with Quarks and slopes etc etc. I have done nothing with my P2Max and it is running perfectly.