teaandstuff

need bike lights

The battery is over engineered... I manage to charge by Garmin every few days, surely I could make do with plugging my bike in every week or so, rather than every 3+ months...

It's fine if you forget to charge your Garmin, di2 not so much.

It's fine if you forget to charge your Garmin, di2 not so much.

Move to Melbourne.... it is not a problem :lol: Have ridden back from Frankston a few times in one gear :lol:

Move to Melbourne.... it is not a problem :lol: Have ridden back from Frankston a few times in one gear :lol:

How long did it take for your battery to go flat

We have had di2 for about 6 months and any had to charge the battery a couple of times

Cheers

Ip

Bloody hipster :lol:

So how long till the garmin talks to your D12 gear thingie and looks at watts cadence etc and shifts for you (i know there are plenty of reasons why you wouldn't want that but just saying its possible)

And when will garmin build a little camera into their head unit... or why not build a light into the garmin ...

Just brainstomin'....

Sorry to rehash an older thread.

I am quite new to this sport, more specifically cycling.

I did my first early morning training ride (Bowral to Campbelltown) leaving at 4am.

I currently have some lezyne lights front (macro drive) and back (micro drive) which are fine, but I feel the battery doesn't last very long.

They were fully charged overnight, and the indicator light changed colour after an hour which means the battery was at 50% power. I wasn't even running them at full strength. Both front and rear light did the same thing.

The biggest problem for me is that the lights are causing interference with my Polar RCX-5, specifically the HRM coded strap is not picking up the signal when the light is on. The light does not affect the the Polar Speed and Cadence sensors, just the HR strap

I can live with the length of time of the battery as I don't intend to ride too many hours in the darkness, but the interference to the HRM is a problem.

Do the Ayup's cause this type of interference? Or please recommend me some lights that will eliminate this issue.

Thanks,

Adstar

There is only one company when I am talking about Light

www.lupine.de

Nothing at the same size is brighter and they are of amazing and durable quality.

Lupine also has a Australian distributor with little more aussi friendly prices.

Can only echo the comment on Lupine. I get pulled up by the Rozzas on a weekly basis (averaging 6 pulls a month at the moment) and have the Wilma 14s. Awesome. Nothing comes close.

Not cheap, but better than being under a bus! 2300 lumens of brilliance and quality built in!

You also only buy a tool once!

Do you really need 2300 lumens out on the road. I use 1000 lumens out on back country roads in Wagga and even thats an over kill.

But yes Lupine seema to be the light used by all Mtbers around Wagga as well.