Sign in to follow this  
WhiffyFuzzball

IM Cairns beer mile

Apologies for another Cairns topic but I think my question got lost in the other thread, and I'll be tech-less after today so won't be able to check later - what are the plans for the beer mile for IM Cairns? Where and when will it be?

Thanks,

Paul

I'm guessing Monday 3pm ish, Esplanade, bring beer. Don't you have a smart phone?

Yes, but deliberately unplugging from tech for a week - I work with it all day and could do with a break. I'm even taking a paper book to read!

Paul

3:00pm Trannies Beer Mile - The Esplanade Opposite the old Trannies HQ (Coral Towers Holiday suites) 249 The Esplanade. In the park where the jetty is. BYO 375ml cans x 4.

C'mon boys, provided it's one standard drink, he'll be suitably under the table by number 4. Wish I'd thought of mojitos last year!

But a can of heavy beer is 1.4 standard drinks. Are we gonna have categories? I've been training!!

Its a BEER MILE for Petes sake :-)

Can I substitute beer with Mojitos?

of course u can if you want to be outed as a limp wristed nandy pandy and complete the Half Ironman (enticer) the day before.

Totally up to you.

• Like 1

And what of the half beer mile for the enticer? Seemed to be quite popular a couple of years back? But obviously dropped becuase i wasnt there to organise it last year!

And what of the half beer mile for the enticer? Seemed to be quite popular a couple of years back? But obviously dropped becuase i wasnt there to organise it last year!

There was a half beer mile last year

• Like 1

of course u can if you want to be outed as a limp wristed nandy pandy and complete the Half Ironman (enticer) the day before.

Totally up to you.

Mojitos taste good. The stuff in cans taste shit. More alcohol in Mojitos...

Not this year Rattie. Contents of my stomach are probably still under the boardwalk though!

So beer mile is in front of coral towers, not at the race start/finish? Bugger. That's miles away from me :-(

So beer mile is in front of coral towers, not at the race start/finish? Bugger. That's miles away from me :-(

Only 2ks from the finish to coral towers

Give yourself plenty of time you will be fine :-)

Cheers

Ip

Only 2ks from the finish to coral towers

Give yourself plenty of time you will be fine :-)

Cheers

Ip

I'll just keep running after the finish. Mite just make it !!

3:00pm Trannies Beer Mile - The Esplanade Opposite the old Trannies HQ (Coral Towers Holiday suites) 249 The Esplanade. In the park where the jetty is. BYO 375ml cans x 4.

I'll be doing my own version from my hotel balcony - involves drinking a mojito, thinking about running 400 metres, times 4...

• Like 1

Good work azza , first ironman and you did the ultra beer mile next day

what a machine

Welcome to trannies

Cheers

Ip

• Like 1

Azza you can make your very own avatar which shows ur superiority in the sporting world of Beer Miles.

YOUR A TOTAL DUCKEN LEGEND

• Like 1

Congrats to the Grafton Kid for winning the race.

Turtle sorry for forgetting that you won the fastest sheila in the beer mile. My mind wasnt functioning after completing the Beer Mile in the Longest time ever.

Congrats to the Grafton Kid for winning the race.

Turtle sorry for forgetting that you won the fastest sheila in the beer mile. My mind wasnt functioning after completing the Beer Mile in the Longest time ever.

You took longer to do one beer mile than azza took to do two

And azza ain't that fast rat dog

Cheers

Ip

• Like 1

No probs ratty! Had a great time. Was chatting to skel after about missing out on such a great prize, but since I'm now down at Hinchinbrook fishing, I think I'm over it (smiley face). Except for the mozzies - they are ridiculous!!!

I don't know what happened to my 3rd place prize. I'm hoping it will show up in the wash.

How are the knees Turtle?

Knees are a bit black and blue, with bumps the size of tennis balls. But I've had worse!!