Sign in to follow this  
FatPom

IoM TT, anyone following?

Aussie BSB rider Josh Brookes has taken out the fastest newcomer lap in the Superbike category. Kiwi Bruce Anstey has man flu and definitely under performing, hopefully he can bounce back for the Senior race.

Yeah following, Brooksey is going really well I reckon has a 124 in him by the end, have been on a road ride with him years ago, he is mental.

Suprised at Martin being slow at the last times I saw. Dunlop did a cracking lap on the 600...

Martin is oversold and under delivered at just about every TT I've ever seen him in. He has a couple of 2nd places but from the hype you'd think all he has to do is turn up. Been dialled back a bit this year and seems a bit less of a nob so hopefully he'll ride into the week, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Martin is oversold and under delivered at just about every TT I've ever seen him in. He has a couple of 2nd places but from the hype you'd think all he has to do is turn up. Been dialled back a bit this year and seems a bit less of a nob so hopefully he'll ride into the week, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Hi Ian, get my pm?

Was looking to see if it was televised and found this, which should still be worth a watch.

TT Challenge the Subaru Record (Repeat) <p class="expand-container event-time">

• 3pm - 4.30pm
  • 7mate
  • Friday

To mark the Isle of Man's TT circuit's centenary, Subaru organised an epic challenge - to set the fastest-ever four-wheel lap of the 60.6km of twisting public roads.

They have an IM distance Tri too. Guy has a huge following more for his character than his riding. TT closer didn't hurt it either.

TT Closer was his undoing IMO, too many media commitments that year hurt his performance. Great movie though. When I started racing (600 proddie) a mate of mine had been racing for a year already (still is). A few years later he started racing at IoM, he broke both his legs in an almighty crash on the mountain top. Did return to the island to race again though.

Amazing to see how fast the Zero class is now, that technology is really coming on.

Michael Dunlop is on fire this year, and shared the podium with his brother today in the SuperSport category. Guy Martin had some mechanical woes in the pit stop. McGuiness seems to be out of sorts so far, which is strange.

Great 2nd place by a pretty sick Bruce Anstey.

I haven't been following. Any news on Cam Donald?

IIRC he was 5th in the SS race. He's sporting a very 'Grizzly Adams' look this year, I think the beard is slowing him down!

• Like 1

New superbike record on the Isle of Man (and a death earlier in the week). It looks so majestic in slo-mo, and so out of control at full speed. 

They must have pockets in the seat to fit their huge balls. 

It's epic stuff, I remember watching the TT growing up as dad was a nut bag motorcyclist.  These blokes have massive mangoes. 

2 minutes ago, KieranR said:

It's epic stuff, I remember watching the TT growing up as dad was a nut bag motorcyclist.  These blokes have massive mangoes. 

I knew it was dangerous but these numbers are crazy...

Between 1907 and 2018 there have been 147 fatalities during official practices or races on the Snaefell Mountain Course, and 255 total fatalities (this number includes the riders killed during the Manx Grand Prix, and Clubman TT race series of the late 1940s/1950s). In 2016, 5 riders died on the course during official practices or races, bringing the total number of fatalities to 252.

There were six fatalities among competitors in the 1970 Isle of Man TT, making it the deadliest year in the history of the event.

3 hours ago, pieman said:

There were six fatalities among competitors in the 1970 Isle of Man TT, making it the deadliest year in the history of the event.

Part of the reason for that figure is that it used to be the British round of the MC-WC until '76. Riders began seriously protesting and boycotting the event on safety grounds, beginning in the early 70's. Agostini boycotted from '72 after the death of his friend Gilberto Parlotti, and when Barry Sheene became '76 WC while refusing to race IOM, the FIM finally relented and dropped it from the calendar, moving the British round to Silverstone. 

• Thanks 1

Bonkers race, always watch and the cohunas these guys have is simply mind-blowing. They have so much commitment it's scary and keep coming back for more. 

They know the risks, they accept them and they live (or die) with them.

Agree with your comments about Guy Martin. Brilliantly talented rider and a hell of a personality, but seems to have left his best work behind him. Not in the same class as Anstey, John McGuiness, the Dunlops or even Cameron Donald, but a very interesting bloke who's done so much for himself - on a shoestring - by the simple application and commitment. His documentaries are amazing. His workmanship is brilliant.